WRR - Crash issues

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found within the landscape. Please use the environments names in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Redfeather Falls floating rocks
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Re: WRR - Crash issues

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Crash for me in the NE area, harwested 2 fox, heard a call from a 3rd. fox, but I turned around and out of render for that fox to shoot a dall. I fired on a dall with not permitted ammo, so I turned back towards that fox I earlier got a call from. I was walking with my huntermate and came into the render range of the fox (approximatly), then it all of a sudden just froze, maybe at the time the dall should have died idk, and I got this dxdiag box up... I played for about 30 min real time.

Something is strange about this hunt history:
Here in the overview of all hunts, It says I'we collected 4 collectables:
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/pret ... cs/history
But when I click on the actual hunt, it says: Moose Antler collected 2.
And if you scroll down it says: Type Single and Type Double.
Why does it say 4?

I DL the "DirectX 9.0c June 2010", and took a fresh install of it, and started a second hunt in the same area. This hunt I played for 2:45 hours real time and killed 14 animals, only foxes and polar bears, same guns as previous hunt + some more. No dalls.

Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Yea, you have the same strange thing in this hunt as I noticed in my hunt.
In the overview of all your hunts, it says for this hunt that you have collected 6 collectables:

Start Duration Reserve Lodge Collectables Kills
2018-02-09 15:52 2h 59m 04s Whiterime Ridge Tent 6 3

But when you click into it, It says only 4:

Collectables
Name Collected Total Max
Raven Feather 2 423 214
Moose Antler 1 80 80
Sitka Deer Antler 1 49 49

But of corse, It may and may not have anything to do with the crashes tho ;)

Eva999
Spotter

Post by Eva999 »

I have been able to hunt bison in the southwest of WRR for extended periods. For me, the crashing appears to happen when I'm moving north in the pass north of the hot springs. Crashed twice in there, using two different rifles.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Gas56
WR 30+ mins. playing time.
This is new and a first,.. yesterday the game froze with no error & and computer froze also.
Had to restart the computer.
Been reading up on old compatible browser Chrome with Nvidia GeForce Experience that recently was updated because of shadow play bug.
Updated last night, but haven't tried it yet. will do today.
Have been using I.E.,.. will check both browsers compatibilities.
EDIT POST
Gas56
Hunted for 2+ hours tonight than game crashed,
seems to make no difference with new Nvidia Update driver and using I.E. Browser.
Also note that I could not harvest 2 Male Dall sheep right before crash but was able to pick up
1 female from same area that I shot 1 after the other.
Will check Google Chrome browser tomorrow.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

gas56 wrote:Gas56
This is new and a first,.. yesterday the game froze with no error & and computer froze also.
Been reading up on old compatible browser Chrome with Nvidia GeForce Experience that recently was updated because of shadow play bug.
Why would you think your browser matters? I, and many people I'd think, don't even have a browser open when playing the game.
Personal Bests...
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

Yesterday, I played 8-10 sessions on WRR. All sessions ended in crashes. I wrote a post in general chat expressing this and (I think) Radamus suggested to turn on the Audio Something in settings (the last option). Today, I played 2 sessions. Both sessions were approximately 4-5 hours. Other than 3 lost connections (which all returned to the game after about 10 seconds), I had zero issues. Just letting the devs know that that one change in the settings has really helped me out. THANKS RADAMUS!
Spoiler:
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Tuck_SFA wrote:Yesterday, I played 8-10 sessions on WRR. All sessions ended in crashes. I wrote a post in general chat expressing this and (I think) Radamus suggested to turn on the Audio Something in settings (the last option). Today, I played 2 sessions. Both sessions were approximately 4-5 hours. Other than 3 lost connections (which all returned to the game after about 10 seconds), I had zero issues. Just letting the devs know that that one change in the settings has really helped me out. THANKS RADAMUS!
It was me and you're welcome! Glad it works for you.
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Fletchette wrote:
gas56 wrote:Gas56
Why would you think your browser matters? I, and many people I'd think, don't even have a browser open when playing the game.
Just checking everything and anything.....
but mainly because the old driver that came out in November for Nvidia card noted a few problems it had fixed with the new update driver (3-28-18) that had problems with the Chrome browser while having shadow play, and using Alt Tab,.. which I use GeForce Experience,.. (but I may quit that program because my son tells me it takes FPS away from games and since this game doesn't have a video capture... well you get it)
since that is a browser,.. I am just reviewing everything,.. and since I get game crashes and cannot figure it out why yet,.. because I never had game crashes with the hunter game until a couple of months ago on WRR. For all I know it could be a sound problem,... but there is no relevance when it crashes..... Time or while doing anything or nothing.....
I've been rechecking all my settings on my computer, but so far I haven't come across anything that I've done,.. or remember doing....
and the funny thing is it hit a lot of players all at the same time,.. so what's next?
Treedweller
Tracker

Post by Treedweller »

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/tree ... n/80681494

I crashed after about 5h 40m of play, in the area roughly east of Danforth's Refuge. I was on a tripod stand. I had deployed a predator decoy and called. Two foxes came, a big male (which I hoped to be good enough for the competition I was in, but I didn't get to harvest) and a female. I shot the male with the pump action shotgun, using the 2-6x slug scope, then I tried to shoot the fleeing female and it looked to me like a good shot, but at the very moment I shot I crashed. Windows 10 did a directx diagnostic but it didn't find anything wrong. I was in a single player game without the extended memory setting enabled, since I don't have sound issues. During the session I traveled a lot through much of the arctic fox area. One aspect some other players mentioned above was using unpermitted amo during the hunt, which I did too. This was probably the first session (or close to it anyway) I used the .17 HMR rifle after buying it and I used to shoot everything with it, since I fell in love instantly with it and I enjoy using it. (It's especially effective for getting polar bears out of the way) :oops:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Gas56
game Crash Error,.
20+ minutes
with Extended Memory setting ticked,..
I.E. browser
No difference still crashes.
Started at s. lodge made it to central east side of map.

Gas56
game Crash Error
2+ Hours
Google Chrome Browser
No difference still crashes
Shot Sitka Buck and walking to it and game crashed.
Started at central east side spawned at tent,.. went almost up to n. lodge returned back to central map than crashed.

Return to “Environment”