Towerstand Hitbox?

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found within the landscape. Please use the environments names in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Redfeather Falls floating rocks
Plaguetongue
Scout

Towerstand Hitbox?

Post by Plaguetongue »

Ive notices something at RFF at the tower directly west of trappers rest lodge, it seems to have a unnatural large hitbox. now im not 100% sure its the stand that have a large hitbox but i shot at a whitetail, as shown in the picture, the WT was standing still and i was 100% sure to hit it, a perfect lung shot. I was suprised when it ran away, no blood, nothing so i didnt hit it at all, 99% of the time when i hit a WT with 8x57 he falls instantly (showing position with 30-06) i figured that i might have hit something else, walked around looking for a bullethole in the air but didnt find anything. mabye you want to check that hitbox :P

This was my location, and the deer was where im aiming at kinda :)

Supermario55
Outfitter

Re: Towerstand Hitbox?

Post by Supermario55 »

There is a current bug right now where the bullets/arrows are going through the animals and not registering the hit I think this is the case in this scenario.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Have you thought about the Render-Distance yet?
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

That "hitbox" would be awfully large. Can you repeat that shot? Put some scent spray in the same location, move back and wait. Then shoot what shows up. You can use scent for moose of WT, both will be there. Pay attention to the tower when shooting. You should see smoke at the wood if the tower is hit (as far as I remember).
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Environment”