Short game-freeze/cpu hitch when entering a tower

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found within the landscape. Please use the environments names in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Redfeather Falls floating rocks
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Short game-freeze/cpu hitch when entering a tower

Post by ronMctube »

apon entering white heart middle meadow tower only the first time there is a large pause loss of fps until its loaded or whatever its doing.

this is every first time since the new patch
it only happens when entering the very first time

the freezes happen on various places on red feather aswell . this was brought to my attention by one of my friends on rf and i noticed it on whiteheart.

we haven't got anything wrong with our pcs and have decent very fast pcs like said not happened before the newest patch.

i noticed you had a problem with cpu hitching before which you said you patched or fixed so i would look at it again as its either something to do with loading at certain areas or some other anomaly
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: cpu hitch white heart middle meadow tower

Post by ronMctube »

just been to the middle tower again and just before it there is a log and my fps dropped about 40 fps seemed a similar thing im wondering if it maybe sound related .

i know you tags certain sounds to certain areas as you cross them maybe this is reason.
Welsch
Outfitter

Post by Welsch »

I just encountered the phenomenon when entering the tower #13 (as per old map - it is the tower on the hill south east of the campsite on WH). No Fraps running, either ;)

But it is not really reproducible for me, it's not happening every time, and not always on the same tower.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

this is why i mention this tower as its every time in this tower .

it will only do it on the first time as it has to load whatever its loading it wont do it after that . i know its a game bug because its been in the game before.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

ok bottom tower on loggers just got in tower exact same thing makes me think it could be a tower bug apon entering.

will try all towers

basically you press button to go in and you get to top then freeze for 3-5 secs then back to normal. this hasnt happened before this patch. this needs to be fixed.
Indecorous
Outfitter

Post by Indecorous »

at least it's not just me...... I have had this happen at more than one. If I can remember, I'll start writing them down.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

well just tried a fresh start and on whiteheart tried towers previously where it does it and no pause this time :lol:

sods law will capture it on fraps ;)
Deucez

Screen Freezes While Transitioning to Stand, Blind, etc.

Post by Deucez »

I posted this message, and had it moved here. With that in mind, I believe there is definitely a game issue as I also have a very new and fast PC (AMD 1090T Black / X-Fire 5870's 2gig vid mem each / 12 gig Corsair... blah, blah, blah). I usually run 60-70 fps, and have experience a couple of occasions where the fps drop to 9-15 fps. Frame drop just happened today. I killed everything else on the computer thinking it was another program in the background... guess not.

My original post:
Every time I get into a tree stand, portable stand, blind, barn loft, etc. I have a screen freeze. This freeze happens shortly (from immediately to 10 seconds) after the black transition screen disappears once I'm in/on the object. The freeze lasts anywhere from 5-30 seconds in duration. The sound continues during the freeze as normal. This never happened before this patch.

Let me know if there is any other information needed. Thanks. Game name: DavenGG

Note: This is happening on all maps.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Short game-freeze/cpu hitch when entering a tower

Post by ronMctube »

think its a animation transition or something.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Re: Short game-freeze/cpu hitch when entering a tower

Post by MonacoSteve »

Meanwhile, I have had this freeze also in the last days. Not on every stand, and not every time, but just randomly. I reaches from a short (1 sec.) to rather long (5-10 sec) freeze periods.

Return to “Environment”