Timbergold - Bighorn sheep flees inside rock to die.

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found within the landscape. Please use the environments names in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Redfeather Falls floating rocks
Jimmy Rustle
Spotter

Timbergold - Bighorn sheep flees inside rock to die.

Post by Jimmy Rustle »

Rock Co-ordinates: -7324, 48

Situation: Hit Bighorn sheep with cable back bow. Flees. 2 blood tracks give "Source: Lungs/Heart".

See screenshot: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2835416692

Location of shot is first blood trail. 2nd trail can be seen at top right of screen shot. Sheep melted into rock at position on rock at left of 2nd blood trail. Could be heard running inside for a while then stopped, so likely a single lung hit. Walked all round and over rock to see if harvestable or if I could enter inside rock at same point (as with rabbits dying in burrow entrance) but no luck.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Timbergold - Bighorn sheep flees inside rock to die.

Post by HooCairs »

Yes the rocks around the tunnels have the tendency to swallow animals dead of alive.

What you can do is travel through the tunnel and back, and hope the game drops the animal outside of the rock when it renders it. Repeat a few times if needed.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Jimmy Rustle
Spotter

Post by Jimmy Rustle »

Cheers. I'll try it if it happens next time. I don't hunt too much on Timbergold as I find the rocks a major irritation just from a movement point of view, especially when you can't see them due to the long grass or scrub. The hit still counts for levelling up on the cable back. I was more upset that I landed a dark red male puma at 91.99kg, 10g short of the target to complete the final puma mission. It was still a fun hunt though, despite the minor bug.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Jimmy Rustle wrote:Cheers. I'll try it if it happens next time. I don't hunt too much on Timbergold as I find the rocks a major irritation just from a movement point of view, especially when you can't see them due to the long grass or scrub. The hit still counts for levelling up on the cable back. I was more upset that I landed a dark red male puma at 91.99kg, 10g short of the target to complete the final puma mission. It was still a fun hunt though, despite the minor bug.
Now that's a tough break right there!! Welcome to the club man, we've all have this happen to us at least one time or another!! :lol: :lol:

Return to “Environment”