Next Gen Mini-Comp R2 #14

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Next Gen Mini-Comp R2 #14

Post by Radamus »

BTW, forgot about this - but the .17with HV ammo is hell on deer. I dropped this one with a dbl lung https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/rada ... /911955222

Why it's so powerful is interesting. But, I can see a real dbl lung on a WT if you went between the ribs. A 17 would turn it's insides to mush. But, no way in hell I've ever take the chance IRL. Far as I know, even all 22 caliber ammo, centerfire is illegal for deer. At least it has been everywhere I've lived. Has to be at least 24, like 243 and up. Obviously something like a 22-250 or 220 swift would certainly drop a deer, lots of lesser cartridges like the 5.56/223 that would tempt too many people.

My point being, no way in hell the 17 should drop a deer. The ballistics just aren't advanced enough. like the time, long long ago, a member eventually killed a bull moose with a pellet gun. I think it took hours, many miles, and 70 or 80 shots.
I was impressed with this shot for sure
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yeah, you might be surprised at what that .17 does drop in game. Try it on a Water Buffalo- if you don't mind a silly letter from Doc. :lol: :lol:

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

I distinctly remember being in a MP game with several others, and we were also using Discord to talk to each other. It was the April Fools event, and we were joining forces to try to take down a T-rex. We were all blasting away at one, when suddenly the host yells, "Who the $#%@!!! is using a .17!?!?"

My hubby can be such a wiseass sometimes... :lol: :lol:
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Return to “Competitions”