Next Gen Mini-Comp R2 #12

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: Next Gen Mini-Comp R2 #12

Post by BCKidd »

TheWind7 wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Tsk, :roll: tsk- TW7 you didn't add your scores to each submission.

BCKidd.
Sorry BC, do you want a total for each animal or the total of all animal each submission?
Here is an example: Sitka: (Score 104.4883 + 77.130 kgs + 100% HV) = 281.6183 <--------------- That number makes it easier for me to add totals and is my reference. So if a competitor is off the mark, I'll know. No biggy, your score was correct in the end. :lol: ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
ppgunz
Hunter

Post by ppgunz »

congratulations edu and thewind
We will go to see what the pumas, wolves and goats are like
a greeting
TheWind7
Outfitter

Post by TheWind7 »

Congrats to Ppgunz and EduT. Good hunting!
Thanks BC!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Looks like one of the Kidd's hunts should've been DQ'd from this comp. Can any of you point out why? And here I thought we were all watchin' out for each other. :lol: ;)
Spoiler:
BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
TheWind7
Outfitter

Post by TheWind7 »

BCKidd wrote:Looks like one of the Kidd's hunts should've been DQ'd from this comp. Can any of you point out why? And here I thought we were all watchin' out for each other. :lol: ;)
Spoiler:
BCKidd.
Well, first thing I'd like to say is that I HAD 100% confidence in the auditor :geek: for catching these things. Not to name names, as she shall remain nameless, because she was probably setting up a spreadsheet, or busy at work at one of her 2 jobs. She needs time to hunt not just audit. So I will cut her some slack.
So back to the issue at hand. It appears that the 2 hour hunt was started less than 30 minutes from the start of the previous 5 minute hunt which would DQ the 2 hour hunt. I can see how the Kidd was probably very frustrated and anxious to get hunting because he was experiencing connection issues.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

TheWind7 wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Looks like one of the Kidd's hunts should've been DQ'd from this comp. Can any of you point out why? And here I thought we were all watchin' out for each other. :lol: ;)
Spoiler:
BCKidd.
Well, first thing I'd like to say is that I HAD 100% confidence in the auditor :geek: for catching these things. Not to name names, as she shall remain nameless, because she was probably setting up a spreadsheet, or busy at work at one of her 2 jobs. She needs time to hunt not just audit. So I will cut her some slack.
So back to the issue at hand. It appears that the 2 hour hunt was started less than 30 minutes from the start of the previous 5 minute hunt which would DQ the 2 hour hunt. I can see how the Kidd was probably very frustrated and anxious to get hunting because he was experiencing connection issues.
Exactly. So, the Kidd has taken it upon himself to correct the Final outcome- he gets a big ol' DNF! :lol: ;)

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

BCKidd wrote:
TheWind7 wrote:

BCKidd.
Exactly. So, the Kidd has taken it upon himself to correct the Final outcome- he gets a big ol' DNF! :lol: ;)

BCKidd.
Now, now... There are a couple of things here that need to be noted!!! ;)

First off, I am *not* an "auditor". I think of myself more as an accountant, keeping track of numbers and math. I *DO* try to look at anything that did not follow the ROE as well, but as my avatar clearly shows, that is NOT always my strong suit. :lol:

Secondly, and more important...
I *did* see a hunt in the hunt history that was noted as "5m 45s", which is 45 seconds more than what I've seen the allotted time to be. HOWEVER - did any of you actually look at that hunt itself??
The link for that 5+ minute hunt is https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/bcki ... /114225234 ... and when viewed, it is OBVIOUSY a complete non-connection issue - the actual hunt time is NOTHING! :o

[bigimg]https://i.postimg.cc/Y9NTvjGW/NoHunt.jpg[/bigimg]

The hunt above that on the hunt history list is for 4m 11s.... if you look at THAT link ( https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/bcki ... /114225250 ), it DOES show a hunt that lasted just over 4 minutes, with no distance travelled.
[bigimg]https://i.postimg.cc/kMvyDzsz/NoHunt1.jpg[/bigimg]

SO... In *MY* opinion... if that 4+ minute hunt that did have time counted did not adversely affect the "30 minute" limit, then the 5+ minute hunt that did NOT have time counted also should not affect it... and so I did not include it in my spreadsheet. If it did have time counted, I would likely have sent a PM to check on that. :ugeek:

Now, if you'll excuse me... I have to go try and shoot a wolf... ;)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Huh.. I did not look at that. You are correct of course, in that the 5m45s was a glitch in the matrix. However, recently Ppgunz had the same issue I do believe and his hunt during the "Forum League vs Community League" was declared an attempt. Therefore, to keep things fair the Kidd's hunt should also be classified the same. So we will leave it as is "DNF" and from this day forward Hunt Durations that read 00s - Under Miscellaneous will not count. ;)

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

BCKidd wrote:Huh.. I did not look at that. You are correct of course, in that the 5m45s was a glitch in the matrix. However, recently Ppgunz had the same issue I do believe and his hunt during the "Forum League vs Community League" was declared an attempt. Therefore, to keep things fair the Kidd's hunt should also be classified the same. So we will leave it as is "DNF" and from this day forward Hunt Durations that read 00s - Under Miscellaneous will not count. ;)

BCKidd.
That's just because the EW comps don't allow for non-connections on the user side to be excluded from attempts. Poopie-heads ;)

However, if you'd like to count it as a DNF, I can do that on my side for the season recap. I think you'd have to alter the recap in the thread, though.
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

splainin2do wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Huh.. I did not look at that. You are correct of course, in that the 5m45s was a glitch in the matrix. However, recently Ppgunz had the same issue I do believe and his hunt during the "Forum League vs Community League" was declared an attempt. Therefore, to keep things fair the Kidd's hunt should also be classified the same. So we will leave it as is "DNF" and from this day forward Hunt Durations that read 00s - Under Miscellaneous will not count. ;)

BCKidd.
That's just because the EW comps don't allow for non-connections on the user side to be excluded from attempts. Poopie-heads ;)

However, if you'd like to count it as a DNF, I can do that on my side for the season recap. I think you'd have to alter the recap in the thread, though.
I would hate for something like this to haunt me later on down the road- so yep- I'll take a DNF for this comp. But as stated: from this day forward Hunt Durations that read 00s - Under Miscellaneous will not count even if it shows on the Hunt History as time- if the bottom reads 00s that is what will count. If that makes sense. ;)

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”