“1st Forum League Classic Rifle Comp 2022” by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

“1st Forum League Classic Rifle Comp 2022” by BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Banner by Fon
“1st Forum League Team Comp 2022” by BCKidd
Only The Names On The Mini-Comp PLB May Participate In Any Forum League Comp. See here if you qualify: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=92172
Classic Rifles only! .30.06 BAR, .303 British BAR, .8x57 IS K98k BAR, 7.62x54R BAR, .405 Lever Action Rifle.
Teams

• Each Team member is required to harvest and submit at least one each of the comp animals, to qualify for an EM$ Prize and Points.
• Prizes will be awarded to everyone on the team who has submitted at least one entry. The entry does not have to remain on the leader-board. If your entry was bumped by a team-mate with a better scoring animal, you still get the prize. If a team member fails to submit anything, the prize will be evenly divided among the rest of the team.
1st Place Team- 3000 EM$ divided equally between each Teammate & Gold Trophies + 1 Point Per Team-mate on the Forum League PLB
2nd Place Team- 2000 EM$ divided equally between each Teammate & Silver Trophies + 1 Point Per Team-mate on the Forum League PLB
3rd Place Team- 1000 EMS divided equally between each Teammate & Bronze Trophies + 1 Point Per Team-mate on the Forum League PLB
4th Place Team- 500 EM$ divided equally between each Teammate & Hematite Trophies + 1 Point Per Team-mate on the Forum League PLB
5th Place Team 1 Point Per Team-mate on the Forum League PLB
Bonus Prizes
1000 EM$ will be divided equally to the team with the combined furthest shot distance – of animals that remain on the LB when comp ends.
Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th place Team winners- will be added to your theHunter Trophy pages:

https://static.thehunter.com/static/img ... s_gold.png
https://static.thehunter.com/static/img ... silver.png
https://static.thehunter.com/static/img ... bronze.png
https://static.thehunter.com/static/img ... matite.png

Prizes will be awarded via account transfers within 48 hours of comp ending.

*Team Selections:
Team: .30.06 BAR Classic Rifle (Not .30.06 Stutzen)
xOEDragonx, TheWind7, CatznCurlz,

Team: .303 British BAR Classic Rifle
BCKidd, Smokin1, LuckyMurph,

Team: .8x57 IS K98k BAR Classic Rifle:
LatinJoker69, Splainin2do, EduT, Ppgunz,

Team: 7.62x54R BAR Classic Rifle:
Faultier,

Team: .405 Lever Action Classic Rifle:
napeHb_c_neperapom_DK, fon_Belkrofft_DK, LeX13Strelok, BaiPe6o,
To Register for this competition: Please post name/weapon preference. You will be added to that Team list.
You must use that rifle for the entirety of the comp- for all submitted comp animals. Not following this Rule is automatic DQ- No exceptions.
Registration ends August 25 @ 16:00.
STARTS: Friday 2022-08-26 16:00 (4:00 PM PDT)
ENDS: Monday 2022-09-05 16:00 (4:00 PM PDT)

STANDARD REQUIREMENTS

***Hunts must begin after the comp start, and end before the comp ends.
***Hunt/Scores must be submitted within 90 minutes of hunt ending. (No Sandbagging)
***Hunts on competition reserves must be >/= 60 minutes real time. (2 game hours)
***Cool Down Period: Hunts on competition reserves must start no less than 60 minutes apart. Not following this rule makes those hunts inadmissible.

Example: If you have a 16 minute hunt you must wait 44 minutes to start another hunt on a comp reserve.
Hunts </= 5 minutes with no distance traveled, no animals spotted or tracked (disconnects, can't connect to server) are exempt from this rule.

"Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4 can be done in any order."

Part 1:

Rules and Conditions
  • SP/ MP
    Species: Competitors choice. Whatever is harvested ethically
    Five shots exactly must be fired- no more no less:
    Gender Specific: No
    Reserves: Val des Bois
    Maximum Hunt Duration 5 hrs Real Time per submission. Includes pauses.
    Weapons: Any Ethical Classic Rifle listed above
    All in 1 Hunt: Yes.
    Shot Placement: None
    Distance Requirement: >/= 50m. (Greater than or Equal to)
    Scoring: (Combined score (+) Combined weight in kgs.) (-) Combined wound time in seconds. The highest score from all team-mate submissions is what will be carried over to the other parts 2, 3, and 4.
    Submitted animals must die from one shot: No
    ATTEMPTS: 3 - Total number of attempts per each Team-mate on comp reserve allowed.
    IMPROVEMENTS: Yes
    Unethical hits: the hunt is disqualified.
    Hunt/Scores must be submitted within 90 minutes of hunt ending. (No Sandbagging)
    ROE: Once your Attempts are used up- the ROE is no longer in effect.
Until something better comes along- Here is the Blueprint you can use. I will check all winning entries & Hunt Histories.

(Copy/Paste) To add your score.

Attempt 1:
Attempt 2:
Attempt 3:

Combined Score (+) Weight in kgs. of all Harvests:
(-)
Combined Wound Time in seconds:

Part 2:

Rules and Conditions
  • SP/MP
    Single Species: 3 Feral Hog
    Scoring: (Weight in kgs (+) Harvest Value.)
    Reserves: Bushrangers Run
    Weapon: Any Ethical Classic Rifle listed above
    All in 1 Hunt: No
    Submitted animals must die from one shot: Yes
    ATTEMPTS: 3 - Total number of attempts per each Team-mate on comp reserve allowed.
    IMPROVEMENTS: Yes.
    Other animals can be harvested: Yes.
    Special note: All shots fired must hit an animal (100% Hit Accuracy). This means you can shoot an animal more than once, and your expedition will not be DQ’d.
    Unethical hits or complete misses: the hunt is disqualified.
    Hunt/Scores must be submitted within 90 minutes of hunt ending. (No Sandbagging)
Until something better comes along- Here is the Blueprint you can use. I will check all winning entries & Hunt Histories.

Attempt 1:
Attempt 2:
Attempt 3:

Feral Hog = (Weight in kgs (+)Harvest Value.) B&C Scoresheet:
+
Feral Hog = (Weight in kgs (+) Harvest Value.) B&C Scoresheet:
+
Feral Hog = (Weight in kgs (+) Harvest Value.) B&C Scoresheet:

Part 3:

Rules and Conditions
  • SP/MP
    Single Species: 3 Moose
    Scoring: (Combined Weight in kgs x Harvest Value %).
    Reserves: Redfeather Falls
    Weapon: Any Ethical Classis Rifle listed above
    Iron-sights: No scopes
    Other animals can be harvested: Yes.
    Special note: All shots fired must hit an animal (100% Hit Accuracy). This means you can shoot an animal more than once, and your expedition will not be DQ’d.

Attempt 1:
Attempt 2:
Attempt 3:

Moose = (Weight in kgs x Harvest Value %) B&C Scoresheet:
+
+

Part 4:

Rules and Conditions
  • SP/MP
    Single Species: 3 Sambar
    Gender Specific: Male
    Reserves: Piccabeen Bay
    No Platforms Allowed
    Weapons: Any Ethical Classic Rifle listed above
    Distance Requirement: >/= 10m. (Greater than or Equal to)
    Scoring: (Score (-) Distance shot in meters).

Attempt 1:
Attempt 2:
Attempt 3:

Sambar Deer = (Score (-) Distance shot in meters) B&C Scoresheet:
(+)
(+)

Highest Score Wins. *In case of tie combined furthest distance wins

SCORING: Be sure to use the data from your animal's B&C scoresheet!
[bigimg]https://i.postimg.cc/q7g9JR5n/scorecard.jpg[/bigimg]

Here is the link to the score board: https://tinyurl.com/1stForumLeageTeamComp2022

Conditions

I will be participating, not for any EM$. My portion of winnings gets divided equally between team-mates, but I do qualify for the Trophy. I reserve the right to modify the rules and terms of this competition at any time between the date and time of this post, and the start of the competition. I also reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time. I reserve the right to disqualify any participant at my discretion for any reason, including but not limited to: cheating, unsportsmanlike conduct, harassment, spawn-mashing, et. al. Discrepancies & ambiguities in the rules or scoring will be addressed by the competition host as expediently as possible.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Re: “1st Forum League Classic Rifle Comp 2022” by BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

There, I think it is as fine tuned as it's gonna get. Folks that make the Mini-Comp PLB before this comp starts qualify to participate. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
TheWind7
Outfitter

Post by TheWind7 »

Question on part 1, Is there no time limit or is it 5 hours like the other parts?
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

TheWind7 wrote:Question on part 1, Is there no time limit or is it 5 hours like the other parts?
Thank :!: you! Good catch. Fixed. Yes- 5 Hrs max per attempt/hunt. ;)

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Question, will you limit the number of people that can join a single team? What if the first 10 people all go out and use the .405? That would leave the teams unbalanced obviously. I've read the post twice but didn't see where or how you'll limit the number of people on a single team. Maybe once 4 people have joined a single team (as in, submitted a hunt using their weapon of choice), that team should be locked to any new entries? Did I miss this info somewhere?
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

xOEDragonx wrote:Question, will you limit the number of people that can join a single team? What if the first 10 people all go out and use the .405? That would leave the teams unbalanced obviously. I've read the post twice but didn't see where or how you'll limit the number of people on a single team. Maybe once 4 people have joined a single team (as in, submitted a hunt using their weapon of choice), that team should be locked to any new entries? Did I miss this info somewhere?
:lol: :lol: I had the exact same question sent to me in a PM. I replied with if there are 10 ppl using one rifle, the Prize they win would then be divided equally between those 10. So, if ten ppl use the same rifle and came in 4th they'd relish in 50EM$ each, same as if they came in 1st place they'd get 300EM$ each.. When I get the question asked twice, I begin to think that maybe I should sort it out. What if those ten ppl only have the .405- and we lock it down after 4 or 5 have submitted- that would leave the others out completely, unless they buy another weapon. Hmmm... this is the dilemma. The idea of these isn't to force ppl to buy stuff if they want to participate. Then again, some folks might not even have a Classic Rifle.

Currently there are 19 competitors listed on the Mini-Comp PLB that, can, as of right now participate. Either way with that number of possible competitors makes the teams unbalanced. In order to make it so that everyone who wants to participate can, I don't know if restricted team sizes will make a difference. The bigger the team obviously the less Prize amounts. We'll have to see if anyone else between now and when this comps starts makes the Mini-Comps PLB. An uneven number will always make teams unbalanced. I know I didn't answer your question, but, as of right now I can't.

There was also the suggestion to have it so that it is first come first serve- type of idea. But, lets say there are 6 ppl with the .303 Brit only, and I make it so that only each team can have 5 players- and the first 5 submit before the 6th has a chance... they wouldn't be able to play along 'less they bought another Classic Rifle from the list. The fairest way I see it- is to leave it as it is. And for everyone to realise the bigger the team the less they'll win- the smaller the team the bigger the payout. It is quite possible too, that not all of us will participate. If I had left it as Single Player only this wouldn't even be a dilemma.

There still is time to figure it out. Maybe a thread on the forum where folks post their weapon of preference? We could do that on this thread I s'ppose, but it would certainly make it cluttered. The other solution is to revert back to the first teams we had and those are the teams that participate. The newcomers to the PLB would still have to be added to a team/or teams. Unbalanced then too. ;)

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Okay- Here is my solution. Post your name and weapon you will use on this thread- only your name and weapon choice. I will then remove your post and add your name to the Rifle Team you choose- so don't add anything except Name/Weapon you will use. From there we'll figure out how many will be participating. If that works. Registration starts now- Registration will end on August 23, 2022 3 days before the comp starts. ;)

BCKidd-

Team .303 Brit.

Keep it real!
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

All comrade participants suddenly choose 405 Lever and everyone gets the first prize :lol: :lol:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:All comrade participants suddenly choose 405 Lever and everyone gets the first prize :lol: :lol:
This doesn't help- I need names... :lol: :lol:

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

BCKidd wrote:
fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:All comrade participants suddenly choose 405 Lever and everyone gets the first prize :lol: :lol:
This doesn't help- I need names... :lol: :lol:

BCKidd.
Everyone gives nicknames and . 405 ..... well, as an option. And what to do, Yorick? "...to be or not to be..." . Eternal question :lol: :lol:

Return to “Competitions”