“1st Forum League Classic Rifle Comp 2022” by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
calamar2000
Hunter

Re: “1st Forum League Classic Rifle Comp 2022” by BCKidd

Post by calamar2000 »

of course I'm up for hunting but a bloody illness prevents me from playing especially in the waiting rooms...! even with my nice 18 inch hmm damn cancer..!
I don't want to complain about my fate! stop...!
the only gun I don't have is the 405, what do you think of this gun? :)
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

calamar2000 wrote: the only gun I don't have is the 405, what do you think of this gun? :)
For an amateur. I definitely recommend taking it to the collection. But you need to get used to it because of its sight and the lack of an optical sight ;)
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:Image
species: brown bear.... disappeared)))
not all targets can be shot with .405. Not fair((((
Didn't understand the new competition reserve rules
You can shoot brown bears with .405 :)
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/.405_Ammunition
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

LeX13Strelok
Spotter

Post by LeX13Strelok »

splainin2do wrote:
fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:Image
species: brown bear.... disappeared)))
not all targets can be shot with .405. Not fair((((
Didn't understand the new competition reserve rules
You can shoot brown bears with .405 :)
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/.405_Ammunition
As I understand it, he meant that the brown bear was declared earlier, and then the restrictions on species were removed. Or was that how it was originally written? Alpine Ibex can't be harvested from .405, and it can increase the chances of winning quite well if there are no other more worthy candidates in this hunt.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

For the Val des Bois hunt- you can harvest Brwn Bear, Red Deer basically. I did have it as Polar Bear, but not all Classic Rifles are ethical for those monsters. If folks would rather have the Val des Bois hunt changed to Brwn Bear only. That can be done. Using the same ROE- Five Shots only. That means you can't shoot anything else, we're only allowed 5 shots. Up to 24 hrs before comps start, the ROE often changes- so it is always best to stay updated. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I like having the option of red deer or vrown bear on VDB. They both score about the same ysing your scoring method.

I'm hesitant to commit to a weapon choice with the rules of the different rounds continuing to change.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

The only thing that might have changed were the number of animals. I had it at five but thought that was a bit extensive. Other than that only removed the Polar bear. The option to harvest whatever we want on VdB tho', could be classified as unfair (maybe) since that team can only harvest the Stags and Bears. I like it the way it is too, and chances are most folks will be going after the best scoring critters, red deer and bear. I would have liked to used animals that can't be baited at all such as the griz and polar bear- but if one didn't have anything but .303 they wouldn't be able to hunt the Polars. This is why sometimes things have to be tweaked a lil' bit. No excuse to not commit to a weapon. :lol:

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

If I have this correct, all the other maps here have a specified animal that can be ethically harvested with all the weapon choices given. I see no reason why VDB could not also have one or two animals specified, (Red deer & brown bear) that can be harvested by all these same weapons. If you really wanted, just the red deer could be specified and that would eliminate a baited bear. :)

And yes.... no reason to not choose a weapon and pick a team. ;)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I could I s'ppose but I kind of like it the way it is. It is different from the other three hunts. If we're lucky with it, we'll be able to submit five critters and not only three like the others. Could be the deciding factor on a good Leader-Board position. Of course that'll all depend on wound time too. :twisted: :lol:

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

BCKidd wrote:The only thing that might have changed were the number of animals.... No excuse to not commit to a weapon. :lol:

BCKidd.
A couple days ago parts 1-3 definitely said >100m for distance. I didn't even consider the .405 an option for me at that point because I sit too far back from my tv to hunt with no scope at long range. When I looked yesterday morning, all parts had no distance requirement anymore so I was going to post .405 and simply forgot to. Probably a good thing, as parts 1-3 now say >50m. The distance was my concern in deciding to use the .405 or something else. So yes, you've been making changes beyond the species. I peek in frequently :lol: I don't see any disadvantage to the any species on VDB allowed. If the non-.405 users want to shoot roe deer and ibex, let them. But they'll be making a poor choice since red deer and brown bear will win that part of the comp... assuming the player can find some good ones.

Put me down for the .30-06. It looks like it needs some love!

Return to “Competitions”