“1st Forum League Classic Rifle Comp 2022” by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
CatznCurlz
Hunter

Re: “1st Forum League Classic Rifle Comp 2022” by BCKidd

Post by CatznCurlz »

I'm going w/ the ----- .30.06 BAR Classic Rifle
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

CatznCurlz wrote:I'm going w/ the ----- .30.06 BAR Classic Rifle
Done! ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Geez, 13 only have signed up... That can't be good. :shock: :lol:

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
BaiPe6o
Scout

Post by BaiPe6o »

:) There is something that bothers me about scoring in part 4. There is room to manipulate the rules a bit. It is possible to make really close shots using a tree stand which will ruin the distance part. You call the deer under the stand, aim front, get out and boom - 1m shot without a platform. There are many people winning minimum distance comps that way. I've done that too once :lol: . It's not cool but that's the way and it won't be nice if we do it in the upcoming event. Maybe there are some modifications that could solve that, like no less than 10m or shoot while prone. Just some thoughts and suggestions. :)
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yeah, that is indeed something that needs a tweak. I never considered that as a possible way to do it. I will fix it to be minimum distance 10 m. Good point and thanks for :D stepping up with that concern. I know folks do those EW closest shot comps likely the way you describe. ;)

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

There are six Points Leaderboard https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=92172 competitors not listed yet. Registration ends in two days August 23, 2022. ;)

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Question, and sorry if I missed the explanation already. Three of the parts are, "All In The Same Hunt: No." So I understand a player can replace one or more animals in a later attempt.

My question is, does the whole team contribute and anyone on the team can replace one or more animals? Or does each player do the part themselves and whoever has the best score for that part get to contribute their score?

For example, CatznCurlz submits 3 hogs for part two. Can I then use my first attempt to make a submission to replace one of her hogs if I get a better one than one of her first three?

Or, does CatznCurlz submit 3 hogs and she has two more attempts to improve them, and I submit my own 3 hogs and have two more attempts to improve them, and then whoever has the better score for part two is the one that contributes to the final team score?

I assume it's the former, but I want to be sure before I mess things up!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

xOEDragonx wrote: For example, CatznCurlz submits 3 hogs for part two. Can I then use my first attempt to make a submission to replace one of her hogs if I get a better one than one of her first three?
Yes. This is where it is a team effort, because each team member has to contribute at least one of each animal minimum. Hopefully a single team member will not post three right off the bat of the same species that are high scoring, so that each player can toss one into the mix. It is meant to be played the same as the last team comp. I never even considered doing it the way you explained. I wonder if it is too late to change it... It doesn't start for three more days. If folks think it would be better that way, post now or forever hold your post... :lol: ;)

Teams

• Each Team member is required to harvest and submit at least one each of the comp animals, to qualify for an EM$ Prize and Points.
• Prizes will be awarded to everyone on the team who has submitted at least one entry. The entry does not have to remain on the leader-board. If your entry was bumped by a team-mate with a better scoring animal, you still get the prize. If a team member fails to submit anything, the prize will be evenly divided among the rest of the team.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

REGISTRATION is Now Closed. ;)

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Thanks for clarifying. I like it the way you already have it, I just wanted to be certain.
BCKidd wrote: • Each Team member is required to harvest and submit at least one each of the comp animals, to qualify for an EM$ Prize and Points.
Does this also apply for part one? In that one, all animals need to be harvested in the same hunt. Wouldn't that mean you'd want the first couple team members to post some really low scoring stuff just so everyone could get an entry, and then start actually competing on attempt 2? If I post five decent red stags from the start and my team mates can't approve my attempt, wouldn't our part 1 score be invalidated because they technically didn't submit any bears/stags? That kind of seems like everyone has to waste an attempt just for part one to even count, then they can take it seriously. The other three parts are no problem. It's just part one "All In The Same Hunt" part I'm not sure about.

Return to “Competitions”