Competition Reindeer "The point is to Aim"

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Cedric01

Competition Reindeer "The point is to Aim"

Post by Cedric01 »

Hello,
I participated in the competition "The point is to Aim", I harvested a reindeer by shooting with the weapon 9.3X62 equipped with the Aimpoint H34L viewfinder by shooting in the lungs (Animal ID: 888776615) and unfortunately the animal did not count for this competition.
Can someone tell me why?
Thank you very much.
xOEDragonx

Re: Competition Reindeer "The point is to Aim"

Post by xOEDragonx »

This is the scoresheet for your reindeer: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/xoed ... /888776615

This competition requires a heart/lung shot ONLY. If you hit any other organ, it disqualifies the harvest. You hit the liver, so the reindeer does not count. It has to be a clean heart/lung shot, no other organs or shoulder blade can be hit.
Cedric01

Post by Cedric01 »

Ok, I understand better now.
You have explained it well.
On the other hand, it is not very well explained in the description of the competition. Because it is not indicated "ONLY" in the heart and / or lungs. Really a shame because my reindeer had 603 points!
Thanks again for your answer xOEDragonx.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

This is one of those competitions where the description doesn't give all of the details. The description says heart/lung shot and doesn't specify ONLY. But if you click on the competition and read the special requirements, the word ONLY is listed there. Always check the special requirements, sometimes there's important information hidden there like in this case. It's a very nice reindeer either way, and you still have a few hours to find a bigger one!

Return to “Competitions”