Forum League Team Comp Discussion.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: Forum League Team Comp Discussion.

Post by BCKidd »

fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Any thoughts from anyone on how the "Classic Rifle- Team Comp" should be? Should it be rifle against rifle? Hopefully there will be a few new faces making the Mini-Comp PLB before it starts. I'm opened for suggestions. Keep in mind this one will be for points only and the winning Team will get 500EM$ per Team-mate. At the end of the year the Team with the most points will win a LARGER undisclosed sum. A year will consist of 6 Team Comps they will run every 2nd month- each comp will be different from the other. Thoughts? :?:

BCKidd.
Oh, Brian....puzzled. Need time to think. Ideas, that is - but we will discuss them with the comrades and write them here.
Sure. Any thought or idea is always good. ;)
splainin2do wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Any thoughts from anyone on how the "Classic Rifle- Team Comp" should be? Should it be rifle against rifle? Hopefully there will be a few new faces making the Mini-Comp PLB before it starts. I'm opened for suggestions. Keep in mind this one will be for points only and the winning Team will get 500EM$ per Team-mate. At the end of the year the Team with the most points will win a LARGER undisclosed sum. A year will consist of 6 Team Comps they will run every 2nd month- each comp will be different from the other. Thoughts? :?:

BCKidd.
I love the comps, and the team comp was so much fun! :D :D I'm not sure what you mean by "rifle against rifle", though. How would that work? I like the idea of all players/teams using the same weapon- it seems more even to me.
Simple- folks could represent their chosen Classic Rifle, example- .303 Brit, .30.06 BAR, and that would be the rifle they'd use, and all those using it would be on one team, while others might want to represent a different Classic Rifle. Competitors could decide which (classic rifle) team they want to be on. Hence- Rifle vs Rifle. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I do see a problem with this idea tho'. With the Forum League Team Comps, we have already decided who is on whose team etc. Now tho' we have a 19 folks on the Mini-Comp PLB. Do we keep the same Teams as the last one? Or do we make up permanent Teams that would have to remain together until the 6 League Team Comps have finished? Obviously the more folks making it onto the Mini-Comps PLB means more Teams or bigger teams... Hmmm. :?:

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Instead of Forum League Team Comps they will simply be "Forum League Comps" only those names listed on the Mini-Comp PLB https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=92172 at any given time will be allowed to participate. Forum League Comps will run every 2nd month. Team Comps will get complicated as more ppl make the "Next Gen Mini-Comp" PLB. In a "Main Event(s)" anyone can participate. ;)

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

BCKidd wrote:Instead of Forum League Team Comps they will simply be "Forum League Comps" only those names listed on the Mini-Comp PLB https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=92172 at any given time will be allowed to participate. Forum League Comps will run every 2nd month. Team Comps will get complicated as more ppl make the "Next Gen Mini-Comp" PLB. In a "Main Event(s)" anyone can participate. ;)

BCKidd.
Is this ditching the "teams" part completely, always? :? The teams were so much fun!
(Edit: I see that this is next one is already set up now for individuals... so for another time...)

I had an idea on how to more quickly and cleanly organize and confirm the participants and teams, even if prior captains lose their rank, and would gladly help with that part. I'd love to revisit this! :D
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

TheWind7
Outfitter

Post by TheWind7 »

BCKidd.
How about doing a Rifle vs Rifle that is a team comp but it just has new temporary teams based on each players rifle preference. Each rifle has 3-5 "sign up" slots. When all rifle slots fill up that team is full. This could be more of a mini comp and run the off month from the team comp.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

TheWind7 wrote:

BCKidd.
How about doing a Rifle vs Rifle that is a team comp but it just has new temporary teams based on each players rifle preference. Each rifle has 3-5 "sign up" slots. When all rifle slots fill up that team is full. This could be more of a mini comp and run the off month from the team comp.
That is what I wanted to do- Rifle vs Rifle. Yes, I think that would work. Only folks that have made the Mini-Comp PLB would be able to participate. There are currently 19 of us there, so, yeah. I will change the "Classic Rifle Comp" that I have posted now to accommodate Teams. ;)
splainin2do wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Instead of Forum League Team Comps they will simply be "Forum League Comps" only those names listed on the Mini-Comp PLB https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=92172 at any given time will be allowed to participate. Forum League Comps will run every 2nd month. Team Comps will get complicated as more ppl make the "Next Gen Mini-Comp" PLB. In a "Main Event(s)" anyone can participate. ;)

BCKidd.
Is this ditching the "teams" part completely, always? :? The teams were so much fun!
(Edit: I see that this is next one is already set up now for individuals... so for another time...)

I had an idea on how to more quickly and cleanly organize and confirm the participants and teams, even if prior captains lose their rank, and would gladly help with that part. I'd love to revisit this! :D
The thing with Team Comps is that with an uneven # of competitors on the Mini-Comp PLB, either makes Teams unfair, or folks get left out. I don't want that to happen. I know I was happy with my teammates, and I also know there were some teammates on other teams that found it difficult to participate with their mates because of places of origin, and time differences. I am always opened for ideas. The "Classic Rifle" comp I have posted now will be a team comp- to start it off. I will change the requirements, prizes etc. After that, I don't know... ;)

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Okay it is set-up now as Team Comp https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=94865 It might be a bit much, but have a look. If this is doable by all- cool. If not, we have time to revamp. Need to figure out how to register the teams that competitors want to be on. Any ideas? ;)

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

BCKidd wrote:Okay it is set-up now as Team Comp https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=94865 It might be a bit much, but have a look. If this is doable by all- cool. If not, we have time to revamp. Need to figure out how to register the teams that competitors want to be on. Any ideas? ;)

BCKidd.
PM sent! ;)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Return to “Competitions”