Forum League Team Comp Discussion.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

EduT wrote:...So I think that if we make a team comp league throughout the year and divide it into 2 seasons...
same teams, if a competitor does poorly in one reservation, in another he can compensate and help his team...
:arrow: EduT! I think that is a brilliant idea. I love that. It is also appreciated that you'd share your thoughts. Thanks for that. I will certainly work out the next Team-Comp, it was decided by the competitors that the next Team Comp will be with Classic Rifles. Maybe we'll do that for August. There is something in the works for all of us that make the Mini-Comp PLB come September. So the more folks that get on the PLB the better... I'll set up a PLB for the Mini-Comp Team League, which will be kept separate from the regular Mini-Comps, and we'll do it as you state. Our first official Team Mini-Comp will be the next one- Classic Rifles. Let's hope everyone likes the idea. I know I do. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

EduT wrote:...So I think that if we make a team comp league throughout the year and divide it into 2 seasons...
same teams, if a competitor does poorly in one reservation, in another he can compensate and help his team...
BCKidd wrote::arrow: EduT! I think that is a brilliant idea. I love that. It is also appreciated that you'd share your thoughts. Thanks for that. I will certainly work out the next Team-Comp, it was decided by the competitors that the next Team Comp will be with Classic Rifles. Maybe we'll do that for August. There is something in the works for all of us that make the Mini-Comp PLB come September. So the more folks that get on the PLB the better... I'll set up a PLB for the Mini-Comp Team League, which will be kept separate from the regular Mini-Comps, and we'll do it as you state. Our first official Team Mini-Comp will be the next one- Classic Rifles. Let's hope everyone likes the idea. I know I do. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.
I do! Well, all except the part that I'll be stuck with Cap'n Rad... ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Well, once Rad loses his 4th spot standing in the mini-comps, he'll lose his Captain's status. I think that is how it should be. Those that are in the top 4 should be Captain's. SO, if I drop down my status will also be revoked, and a new Captain will take my place. This would also be when new teams can be picked- for only those that do not remain in the top four. For example, BCKidd loses his status, the new Captain taking his spot could select new Teammates. I'm still working out the detail on how that would work.

However, I would remain as a Captain with my current selection of Teammates until, I drop down to 5th or whatever. When that happens the team is split and new teammates can be selected. Not sure if that'll work, unless we get more players. As it is now, there are now 18 competitors on the PLB- that means we're gonna have to decide on whose team those two extra players end up on. The way the Mini-Comp PLB works is that if a competitor makes it there, they are automatically allowed to participate in the Forum League Comps. Might have to make up a fifth team... I dunno. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

BCKidd wrote:Well, once Rad loses his 4th spot standing in the mini-comps, he'll lose his Captain's status. I think that is how it should be. Those that are in the top 4 should be Captain's. SO, if I drop down my status will also be revoked, and a new Captain will take my place. This would also be when new teams can be picked- for only those that do not remain in the top four. For example, BCKidd loses his status, the new Captain taking his spot could select new Teammates. I'm still working out the detail on how that would work.

However, I would remain as a Captain with my current selection of Teammates until, I drop down to 5th or whatever. When that happens the team is split and new teammates can be selected. Not sure if that'll work, unless we get more players. As it is now, there are now 18 competitors on the PLB- that means we're gonna have to decide on whose team those two extra players end up on. The way the Mini-Comp PLB works is that if a competitor makes it there, they are automatically allowed to participate in the Forum League Comps. Might have to make up a fifth team... I dunno. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.
Or... 6 teams of three! Then Rad can whine about only have 2 players.. ;) :lol:

BCKidd

Re: Forum League Team Comp Discussion.

Post by BCKidd »

Yes, that would work too. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

The news was placed in the RU segment. Thank you! We wait!!!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:The news was placed in the RU segment. Thank you! We wait!!!
Excellent! Thanks for posting it there. :D Respectfully,

BCkidd.

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Any thoughts from anyone on how the "Classic Rifle- Team Comp" should be? Should it be rifle against rifle? Hopefully there will be a few new faces making the Mini-Comp PLB before it starts. I'm opened for suggestions. Keep in mind this one will be for points only and the winning Team will get 500EM$ per Team-mate. At the end of the year the Team with the most points will win a LARGER undisclosed sum. A year will consist of 6 Team Comps they will run every 2nd month- each comp will be different from the other. Thoughts? :?:

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

BCKidd wrote:Any thoughts from anyone on how the "Classic Rifle- Team Comp" should be? Should it be rifle against rifle? Hopefully there will be a few new faces making the Mini-Comp PLB before it starts. I'm opened for suggestions. Keep in mind this one will be for points only and the winning Team will get 500EM$ per Team-mate. At the end of the year the Team with the most points will win a LARGER undisclosed sum. A year will consist of 6 Team Comps they will run every 2nd month- each comp will be different from the other. Thoughts? :?:

BCKidd.
Oh, Brian....puzzled. Need time to think. Ideas, that is - but we will discuss them with the comrades and write them here.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

BCKidd wrote:Any thoughts from anyone on how the "Classic Rifle- Team Comp" should be? Should it be rifle against rifle? Hopefully there will be a few new faces making the Mini-Comp PLB before it starts. I'm opened for suggestions. Keep in mind this one will be for points only and the winning Team will get 500EM$ per Team-mate. At the end of the year the Team with the most points will win a LARGER undisclosed sum. A year will consist of 6 Team Comps they will run every 2nd month- each comp will be different from the other. Thoughts? :?:

BCKidd.
I love the comps, and the team comp was so much fun! :D :D I'm not sure what you mean by "rifle against rifle", though. How would that work? I like the idea of all players/teams using the same weapon- it seems more even to me.

Return to “Competitions”