Alpine Skyline - 503m shot

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Ludante
Outfitter

Alpine Skyline - 503m shot

Post by Ludante »

Hello everyone,

Can someone please share how do you make a 503m iron sight shot at Alpine Ibex?

(Alpine Skyline Comp)
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
Colin Walker
Scout
Location: ScouseLand, United Kingdom 53°28'58.9"N 2°52'51.4"W

Re: Alpine Skyline - 503m shot

Post by Colin Walker »

With plenty of practice at a range.
Season 39

Range record- Season 23, Season 25, Season 37 Dall Sheep
PB range, Xbow 580.470, Bow 471.180, Rifle 609.050 , Pistol 274.90, No scope rifle 571.280

2016 Season 16
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Render range is affected by your elevation. Get up as high as possible to extend it for as far as possible and such long range shots become doable.

There are specific spots on most maps where people far more dedicated to long distance shooting than myself have found to be good for these long distance shots. To see where people are making these long shots from, go to the scoresheet of a long distance animal they've harvested and click on the orange "Map" button above the animal's final score. I think you'll find the longest distance animals are almost always shot in the same locations-- these are the locations long distance shooters are consistently most successful.

With a lot of dedication, iron sight long shots are also possible. I'd venture to guess most of the players who consistently make those long shots have homemade shooting ranges on their maps using the targets that can be bought in the store. Some of them give you a message in the bottom right corner of your screen when you hit your target. Set one up 500m away, and shoot at it blindly with iron sights until you hit it. It takes a lot of practice to figure out where and how to aim just right to hit your target. I've even heard of some people using stickers/post it notes or other such markers placed on their monitor as a guide of how high to aim to hit the target. A homemade set of crosshairs if you will.

Such shots are doable. It's up to you if they're worth the painful amount of work it can take to become consistently successful with them.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

There is a very simple (and legal) trick to do this, but nobody will tell you that trick.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”