Wonderful Idea for a Goose comp?

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Wonderful Idea for a Goose comp?

Post by Radamus »

David and a couple others worked on a goose comp idea once, sort of similar. My initial idea was 3 boxes, 90 shots, most geese. One initial test proved that to be a bad idea. SO then 1 box of 30 - Again, trying to get those shots lined up with 3 and 4 geese took a lot of time.
We found it just impossible getting more than 75/80 geese I think within an acceptable amount of time. We surmised it just wouldn't be that fun of a comp but more of a grinder.
Might have to test a couple of those ideas to really know how it could go.
I haven't hunted the snow's much but I haven't been happy with any setup's I've tried. I keep wanting to setup like the honkers but I haven't figured out the sweet combination. But, I'll try it for sure!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Good feedback. If Cal tried making a comp like this, and it wasn't any fun then maybe I should reevaluate the idea. I did a test run with Smokin1 last night, we blew through more than 30 shells each easily, and yeah, we managed less than 50 Snow Geese when it was all added up. We didn't only hunt the geese tho'. I think most would be trying for those double and triple kills. Well, shite you ruined it for me Rad... :lol: :lol: :P Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

BCKidd wrote:Good feedback. If Cal tried making a comp like this, and it wasn't any fun then maybe I should reevaluate the idea. I did a test run with Smokin1 last night, we blew through more than 30 shells each easily, and yeah, we managed less than 50 Snow Geese when it was all added up. We didn't only hunt the geese tho'. I think most would be trying for those double and triple kills. Well, shite you ruined it for me Rad... :lol: :lol: :P Respect,

BCKidd.
I didn't ruin anything for you - just helping you think it through.
It was my concept btw :P I thought I was a wise ass with doubles/trips and such~ but it was about statistics and calculating a "best shooter" outcome nothing to do with scoring as that is arbitrary using just numbers, hit% and so on.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Radamus wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Good feedback. If Cal tried making a comp like this, and it wasn't any fun then maybe I should reevaluate the idea. I did a test run with Smokin1 last night, we blew through more than 30 shells each easily, and yeah, we managed less than 50 Snow Geese when it was all added up. We didn't only hunt the geese tho'. I think most would be trying for those double and triple kills. Well, shite you ruined it for me Rad... :lol: :lol: :P Respect,

BCKidd.
I didn't ruin anything for you - just helping you think it through.
It was my concept btw :P I thought I was a wise ass with doubles/trips and such~ but it was about statistics and calculating a "best shooter" outcome nothing to do with scoring as that is arbitrary using just numbers, hit% and so on.
Well, right here was a perfect setup for a wise@$$ comment or two, but I'm feeling generous tonight so I'll just let it slide by... ;)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Return to “Competitions”