One Tag Comp Discussion May 2022

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

One Tag Comp Discussion May 2022

Post by BCKidd »

We've often discussed comp ideas etc., in hopes that the community would jump in with they're opinions, and what would entice them to try out a few Community Hosted Comps. One of the things that wasn't really touched in the past were One Tag only comps. I have a few ideas on how it could work, and hope others will join in with they're opinions and ideas as well.

Here is mine. A host could pick the required weapon as they do now, for example the .243, since it is free and everyone has at least one. The One Tag let's say is for Mule Deer. I go out and shoot a nice one with the approved weapon selected by the host- the .243. I can not shoot any other animal with that rifle- it is a one shot one kill deal and 100% Hit Accuracy.

The comp has a minimum hunt time of 1 Real Time hour (2 in Game hrs)... sound boring right? Of course it does, so now lets add another requirement and say at least three more animals of any species type size color or nationality must also be harvested- that way I'm not just standing there on a reserve waiting for the time to elapse. This allows me to shoot any animals with any other weapon except the .243. I could even hunt past the required time, and continue to hunt for whatever I wanted, as long as I followed any other parts of a ROE that was posted. I just couldn't use the .243 for anything. Would this work? Thoughts. :mrgreen: Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Re: One Tag Comp Discussion May 2022

Post by BCKidd »

Come to think about it, the only requirements for a One Tag comp would be something like this:

ROE

1 Tag: Mule Deer
Any Ethical Ammo
1 Shot One Kill/100% Hit accuracy
2 Attempts/1 Submission.
Not more then 1 shot can be fired
Minimum Hunt Duration: 30 Minutes Real Time (1Hour in Game).
Scoring: Combined Score and Weight in kgs.

Who would actually participate in a comp like this? :?: ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

:P
Personal Bests...
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Fletchette wrote::P
Hmmm :? not sure how to take that, but I'm thinking you might be thinking that it might work... or you're not amused. :lol: :lol: . Nonetheless, I knew if no one else didn't post a response you :D would. I think it would be fun. Maybe 2 Attempts/ 2 Submissions - so one could actually make an improvement. To even make it better- Mule Deer needs to be the new fur variant dilute (blue thing). ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BaiPe6o
Scout

Post by BaiPe6o »

One tag comps with one shot fired look interesting and I would participate in one. Of course people with high spotting skills will have some advantage but that's true for many other comps too. I have a little question, though. Is that minimum hunt duration really necessary when we have only two or three attempts? Of course, I hate to see someone hunts 8 minutes 20 times in a row, but isn't the attempt limitation solve that problem. If I have only two attempts, I would want use them wise.
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

BCKidd wrote:
Hmmm :? not sure how to take that, but I'm thinking you might be thinking that it might work... or you're not amused. :lol: :lol: . Nonetheless, I knew if no one else didn't post a response you :D would. I think it would be fun. Maybe 2 Attempts/ 2 Submissions - so one could actually make an improvement. To even make it better- Mule Deer needs to be the new fur variant dilute (blue thing). ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.
It was a positive response.....I don't think 2 submissions in a "One Tag" comp really makes sense. And to keep it "pure" I'd skip any requirements other than maybe 1 shot/1 kill on the target species. So no weapon, organ, harvest value, variant, etc., requirements.
Personal Bests...
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

BaiPe6o wrote:One tag comps with one shot fired look interesting and I would participate in one. Of course people with high spotting skills will have some advantage but that's true for many other comps too. I have a little question, though. Is that minimum hunt duration really necessary when we have only two or three attempts? Of course, I hate to see someone hunts 8 minutes 20 times in a row, but isn't the attempt limitation solve that problem. If I have only two attempts, I would want use them wise.
It probably isn't necessary, you would be right there. As Fletchette mentions, probably only need on requirement and that would be 1s1k- Tag filled... Now what about improvements- yay or nay? ;) Respect,
Fletchette wrote:
BCKidd wrote:

BCKidd.
It was a positive response.....I don't think 2 submissions in a "One Tag" comp really makes sense. And to keep it "pure" I'd skip any requirements other than maybe 1 shot/1 kill on the target species. So no weapon, organ, harvest value, variant, etc., requirements.
:o A positive response from you- has the world ended... :lol: :lol:. Yeah, in a 1 Tag comp with 1s1k there really isn't need to have outrageous Rules. No improvements eh, says you... I guess if there were improvements- it wouldn't be a real 1 Tag comp. Good point. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I have got PMs from some folks who bring up good points in regard to a One Tag comp. One of the issues is that some competitors would wait until everyone has posted a score, then do their attempt. It is only a slight issue and is to be expected. So, maybe it should be folks need to register on the forum for the comp, have registration last a day, and the comp only twelve hours.- 4:00 pm until 4:00 am or whatever is decided.

It would be cool I think to give this idea a try, and work out all the bugs before making it a regular type comp. Is there anyone out there that might have a viable solution- on making it as fair as possible. Should all registered competitors start the hunt all at the same time. Not sure how to do that but there must be a way... Thoughts? ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BaiPe6o
Scout

Post by BaiPe6o »

I don't see how this could work.I mean starting at the same time. People are all around the world in completely different time zones. Right now it's midnight in my time zone and I'm going to bed :D. I can't even wait until the main event ends. Will see tomorrow if I will be in top four. Probably yes :P
Spoiler:
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Agreed- a workaround could be people registering before it starts and include their time zone? Perhaps also being able to choose their 12hr time period- (00:00-11:59) or (12:00-23:59) to make it easier to participate? Registration begins a week before the day of hunt. No other hunts on that reserve allowed for X hours prior or post attempt. And, if you register, you MUST post a submission, even if a failed attempt.
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Return to “Competitions”