Next Gen Mini Comp #29 by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Next Gen Mini Comp #29 by BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Banner by xOEDragonx
These competitions will last 48 hours! Keep your eyes open for the next!
I’ll be using a point system- 1st Place 6 points, 2nd Place 5 points, 3rd place 3 points, per mini-comp win. You will need 30 points to get a payout of 1000EM$. Anything over 30 points gets carried over to your next score.
Non-participation in any mini-comp does not subtract from any points you accumulate. Your points accumulate with each and every win!
30 points = 1000EM$.
All submissions must be made in the English language.
~~It is the competitors responsibility to know when the comp starts and ends in their Time Zones. Here is a handy link: https://savvytime.com/converter/gmt-to-pst

Essentially, I will announce on this thread when the comp officially starts and ends.

RULES & CONDITIONS

SPECIES MULTIPLE: 2 Cottontail, 2 Mallard, 2 Turkey, 2 Northern Pintail (Birds can be shot on the ground or in flight)
RESERVES: Rougarou Bayou, Settlers Creek,
GENDER SPECIFIC: No

STARTS: Friday 2022-05-13 16:00 (4:00 PM PDT)
ENDS: Sunday 2022-05-15 16:00 (4:00 PM PDT)

Host can compete for points.

DESCRIPTION
Cottontail, Mallard, Northern Pintail, Turkey

WEAPONS
Any Permitted Ammo

SCORING

2 Cottontail (Score)
(+)
2 Mallard (Score)
(+)
2 Pintail (Score)
(+)
2 Turkey (Score) Plus Bonuses if any.
Bonus Turkey Shots!

A Bonus of 15 added to final scores for each Turkey shot in flying state. That is a bonus of 30 added to your final score!
A Bonus of 20 added to final scores if both submitted Turkeys were harvested with one shot 200% Hit Accuracy. A total bonus of 20 added to final score.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS

SAME HUNT: No
ATTEMPTS: 6 - Total number of attempts on comp reserves allowed.
SUBMITTED ANIMALS MUST BE HARVESTED: within the first 5 hours Real Time of the hunt. Incudes Pauses.
SUBMITTED ANIMALS MUST DIE FROM ONE SHOT: Yes.
IMPROVEMENTS: Yes.
OTHER ANIMALS CAN BE HARVESTED: Yes
*ROE: Once your Attempts are used up- the ROE is no longer in effect.

SP ONLY - Only Single Player hunts are allowed.
*MP hunts on comp reserves must have at least one animal harvested or it will count as a SP hunt. MP hunts do not count toward Attempts/Attempt Time.

STANDARD REQUIREMENTS

Hunts should be submitted immediately after completing the hunt. Max 90 min. (No Sandbagging)
NOTE: If you start another hunt before submitting, your previous hunt is not eligible.
Hunts must start after the competition starts, and end before the competition ends to be valid.
Minimum hunt duration is 30 minutes (No Spawnmashing)
Hunt start times must be 30 minutes apart.

If you have a 16 minute hunt you must wait 14 minutes to start another hunt. Hunts < 2 minutes with no distance traveled, no animals spotted or tracked (disconnects, can't connect to server) are exempt from this rule.

Until something better comes along- Here is the Blueprint you can use. I will check all winning entries & Hunt Histories.

(Copy/Paste) To add your score.

Complete hunt: link here

Cottontail: (Score) B&C Scoresheet link:
(+)
Cottontail: (Score) B&C Scoresheet link:
(+)
Mallard: (Score) B&C Scoresheet link:
(+)
Mallard: (Score) B&C Scoresheet link:
(+)
Pintail: (Score) B&C Scoresheet link:
(+)
Pintail: (Score) B&C Scoresheet link:
(+)
Turkey: (Score (+) Bonus) B&C Scoresheet link:
(+)
Turkey: (Score (+) Bonus) B&C Scoresheet link:

SCORING: Be sure to use the data from your animal's B&C scoresheet!
[bigimg]https://i.postimg.cc/q7g9JR5n/scorecard.jpg[/bigimg]

Conditions

I will be participating for points. I reserve the right to modify the rules and terms of this competition at any time between the date and time of this post, and the start of the competition. I also reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time. I reserve the right to disqualify any participant at my discretion for any reason, including but not limited to: cheating, unsportsmanlike conduct, harassment, spawn-mashing, et. al. Discrepancies & ambiguities in the rules or scoring will be addressed by the competition host as expediently as possible.

All winners please redeem your winning Gift Codes within 10 days.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Re: Next Gen Mini Comp #29 by BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

For the next few mini- comps we'll be small game and bird hunting. Grab a new bottle of Scotch- Rad, you're gonna need it. :lol: :lol: :twisted: Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Oh, boy... looks like I'm going to have to finally buy my own duck setup! Hubby and I have been sharing our setups; he's got one for the ducks and I've got ones geese. :)
As I recall, the last time ducks came up, a multiplayer hunt WAS allowed as some didn't have duck setups. That was my first experience with MP, and I met a couple of really cool people because of it. We still get together and play together sometimes! :D
Last edited by splainin2do on May 12th, 2022, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Here is the list we'll be tackling next:

Whitetail Ptarmigan, Willow Ptarmigan, America Black Duck, Euro Rabbit, Pheasant, Snow Goose, Canada Goose, Gadwell, Magpie Goose, Rock Ptarmigan, Snowshoe Hare.

When those are finally out of the way- we'll be back to the regular game animals. It is going to be a long haul, so stock up on bird gear... All birds will be able to be shot from the ground or in flight. So that makes it easier for those that don't hunt these things, or don't have set-ups. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

splainin2do wrote:Oh, boy... looks like I'm going to have to finally buy my own duck setup! Hubby and I have been sharing our setups; he's got one for the ducks and I've got ones geese. :)
As I recall, the last time ducks came up, a multiplayer hunt WAS allowed as some didn't have duck setups. That was my first experience with MP, and I made a couple of really cool people because of it. We still get together and play together sometimes! :D
Just a thought of how it might be handled - A MP hunt hosted by the person with the setup - but they can not fire a single shot - just throwing something like that out there as a solution for those who don't have setups. I'd can host for anyone who might need help should a MP hunt be allowed for "special situation" ~ especially seeing how Splainin hasn't scored enough points to get some of that "Canadian Cash" :lol: just thought I'd throw it out there should something like this be allowed.
My setups are pretty good, 7700 geese and 4700 ducks - speaking of, haven't hunted ducks in forever, last fall maybe?

Those turkey bonuses are wild! some big points there but the double air shot on geese? Not saying I wouldn't think about it in the right situation but that's close to impossible. I can't even remember being presented a situation like this but then, SC isn't the turkey hunting Mecca WHI is. On SC the turkey are mostly in the woods so just getting them in the air is a challenge cause they like to run for cover. Will be interesting to give them a go! Try some things I have never done.
Keeping it interesting Brian! Good job!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:
splainin2do wrote:Oh, boy... looks like I'm going to have to finally buy my own duck setup! Hubby and I have been sharing our setups; he's got one for the ducks and I've got ones geese. :)
As I recall, the last time ducks came up, a multiplayer hunt WAS allowed as some didn't have duck setups. That was my first experience with MP, and I made a couple of really cool people because of it. We still get together and play together sometimes! :D
Just a thought of how it might be handled - A MP hunt hosted by the person with the setup - but they can not fire a single shot - just throwing something like that out there as a solution for those who don't have setups. I'd can host for anyone who might need help should a MP hunt be allowed for "special situation" ~ especially seeing how Splainin hasn't scored enough points to get some of that "Canadian Cash" :lol: just thought I'd throw it out there should something like this be allowed.
My setups are pretty good, 7700 geese and 4700 ducks - speaking of, haven't hunted ducks in forever, last fall maybe?

Those turkey bonuses are wild! some big points there but the double air shot on geese? Not saying I wouldn't think about it in the right situation but that's close to impossible. I can't even remember being presented a situation like this but then, SC isn't the turkey hunting Mecca WHI is. On SC the turkey are mostly in the woods so just getting them in the air is a challenge cause they like to run for cover. Will be interesting to give them a go! Try some things I have never done.
Keeping it interesting Brian! Good job!
Haven't even got to the Geese yet- dbl shots on them is easy... The dbl shot Turkey bonus, which I assume you are referring too, they don't have to be in flight. Altho' I wouldn't put it past someone to actually pull it off. So, the Turkey for that 20 bonus is simple enough, get two of them together and blast them with Birdshot. There was a comp not long ago, that HunterPro hosted, TW7 pulled off a triple kill in that. The Turkeys in flight is for the 15 x 2 Bonus- a bit more tougher to do, then popping them when they're hanging out at a decoy. That is why the Two in flight deserves more of a bonus. You can miss all you want in this comp too. No penalties at all for that. When we get to the Canada Geese I'll toss in a bonus for dbl kills on them while airborne. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

I'm grateful for three things in this comp...
1. Missed shots allowed.
2. Platforms/blinds allowed.
3. Ground shots allowed.

And a fourth, of course, is BCKidd hosting all these comps to begin with! Thank you, sir! :D

splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

A QUICK NOTE: If anyone is also doing the Community League, be aware the Turkey is running at the same time. Two entries for the price of one! ;)

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Friday the 13th.... oh my. You know what that means... :shock: :lol: Respect,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

This competition has Officially started!
Good luck to all.
I'll see you out there!
Regarding the Bonuses- the double kill of two turkeys with one shot do not have to be in flight.
The bonuses for the two shot in flight... well that is self explanatory. ;) Respect,
BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”