Next Gen Mini Comp # 26 by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: Next Gen Mini Comp # 26 by BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Faultier wrote:The ruling and scoring was quite simple this time, so no idea why we only had 5 scores posted :shock: :cry:
There certainly has been a decline in competitors. Not sure why. :?. That is all right, the comps go on... for now at least. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
TheWind7
Outfitter

Post by TheWind7 »

Congrats to LuckyMurph, Faultier and Splainin2do! "The Twin Slayers"
Lucky
Outfitter

Post by Lucky »

Faultier wrote:This Contest had a lot of everything.
A lot of surprises (good and bad ones) :lol: .
A lot of used medkits. Seriously, how can these giant horned beasts be so sneaky ? And if it's not the Buffalo trying to turn you into red mud on the ground, then there is always a ninja-pig waiting behind the next bush :lol:
And last but not least. It was a lot of Fun as always.
The ruling and scoring was quite simple this time, so no idea why we only had 5 scores posted :shock: :cry:
Thanks for the Comp BCKidd and everybody who wasn't too scared to take on the Rumble in the Jungle :D
I got this guy before he killed me. but I put him down with the trusty Mag ;)
https://photo.thehunter.com/e0/05/e0058 ... a91c0c.jpg
"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet
when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.'
There is no beginning or end..Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery."
Today is a gift.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Yay! I like doing well, but like it even better when I actually win points! :) Congrats to everyone - we all worked hard! :)

I had fun with this one... but it was a lot more difficult than I first thought it would be. :shock: One would think that without distance or any other of those extra requirements, there would be a lot of animals to pick from. Those banteng like to spook when they aren't busy walking in circles! That made for some longer shots for me than I'd have liked in the jungle, and I think that might have caused the problem. A look at some hunt histories from (4) people that normally post scores but didn't this time showed possible attempts but had missed shots. Others just weren't around - no hunts at all for a few days. Regardless, the comps so far have averaged 8 players each I'd have to go back and reference the stats from the last round, but I seem to recall it being about the same. :)

No matter what, there sure were a bunch of great water buffalo photos for a banteng competition! :lol: :lol:

2022 Mini-Competition #26 (Unofficial) Final Score Results
~~NAME~~Total
1.LuckyMurph~~0.1528
2.Faultier ~~0.2858
3.splainin2do~~0.6504
4.Radamus~~1.4433
5.BCKidd~~6.9149
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

BCKidd wrote: There certainly has been a decline in competitors. Not sure why. :?. That is all right, the comps go on... for now at least. ;) Respect,
BCKidd.
Steam player numbers are pretty stable since the end of 2019.https://steamcharts.com/app/253710
Looks like new/steam players just don't know about this place.
Maybe the launcher could use a link to the forums like we have on the website mainpage.
Just an Idea.What do you guys think about the state of the game / forum ?
TheWind7 wrote:Congrats to LuckyMurph, Faultier and Splainin2do! "The Twin Slayers"
Thank you :)and thanks for taking it easy on us this time ;)
LuckyMurph wrote: I got this guy before he killed me. but I put him down with the trusty Mag ;)
https://photo.thehunter.com/e0/05/e0058 ... a91c0c.jpg
Nice one :o Another Monster less to fear in the swamps. :lol:
The Hunter-gods were surely with us in this comp.

Congratulations to you and Splainin2do :) good job
Stats
Spoiler:
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Faultier wrote:Maybe the launcher could use a link to the forums like we have on the website mainpage.
Huh... I never realized the launcher didn't have that link! :o
I'm in the official Discord and also in a Fakebook group for the game. There hasn't been a raffle giveaway since the end of last year on the discord, and there's no (thread?) in the Classic News channel there for competitions as there is in the CotW news channel. The Fakebook group has some small comps, but nothing like what BCKidd does. I think I saw a post there recently about another website starting up that was offering competitions (not our stalled THC Companion one), but I haven't checked that out yet.

There is a LOT of activity and discussion about Classic on the Fakebook group, and new people are joining in and finding the game all the time. There are a lot of players sharing photos and hints and working hard at the game for earning gm$, and some that say what they used some em$ on. There are newer players that ask for advise and help, and the response there is very quick. Every indication there is that the game is alive and well and people are enjoying it. :)

I've mentioned forum competitions and other info that can be found here in that FB group. I've had some join us here (one newbie even won some Canadian em$!), but not many. I've also seen it said that people don't join (or try to log into) the forum as they complain about getting stuck in a "loop" of trying to confirm their login. You know, that "type the 3rd letter in 'hunter'.." extra step to prevent spam robots from signing on? I guess it also prevents impatient people, too! :? :lol: The forum is also mostly all "words" that people have to read, and "the youngsters these days" don't have the patience for that, either. They want images and more instant interaction*. At least, that's my thoughts on it. :)

(*aw, heck.. even *I* am guilty for looking for the "like" button to click on when I read some of the posts here! :-P :lol: )

Smokin1
Hunter

Post by Smokin1 »

Congrats to the winners and the five that were able to post a score. I did try. My 1st attempt, I shot at a ninja piggy, he moved just as I pulled the trigger, so there was a missed shot. My 2nd attempt, well lets just say I didn't miss a shot, never got to shoot, damn mad female water buffalo, kept running me over, ran out of first aid kits. So.... I gave up... I really don't like the bay. But it was still a rush and fun playing. Thanks BCKidd for keeping me on my toes. Off to the next comp, hope to see you there.

Smokin1
Spoiler:
Keep Smilin' :P It keeps people scared.. They always wonder what you've been up to. :twisted:
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

splainin2do wrote:
Faultier wrote:Maybe the launcher could use a link to the forums like we have on the website mainpage.
Huh... I never realized the launcher didn't have that link! :o
I'm in the official Discord and also in a Fakebook group for the game. There hasn't been a raffle giveaway since the end of last year on the discord, and there's no (thread?) in the Classic News channel there for competitions as there is in the CotW news channel. The Fakebook group has some small comps, but nothing like what BCKidd does. I think I saw a post there recently about another website starting up that was offering competitions (not our stalled THC Companion one), but I haven't checked that out yet.

There is a LOT of activity and discussion about Classic on the Fakebook group, and new people are joining in and finding the game all the time. There are a lot of players sharing photos and hints and working hard at the game for earning gm$, and some that say what they used some em$ on. There are newer players that ask for advise and help, and the response there is very quick. Every indication there is that the game is alive and well and people are enjoying it. :)

I've mentioned forum competitions and other info that can be found here in that FB group. I've had some join us here (one newbie even won some Canadian em$!), but not many. I've also seen it said that people don't join (or try to log into) the forum as they complain about getting stuck in a "loop" of trying to confirm their login. You know, that "type the 3rd letter in 'hunter'.." extra step to prevent spam robots from signing on? I guess it also prevents impatient people, too! :? :lol: The forum is also mostly all "words" that people have to read, and "the youngsters these days" don't have the patience for that, either. They want images and more instant interaction*. At least, that's my thoughts on it. :)
:o Thats a lot of great info, thanks for sharing it with us.
It's good to hear that there are other places, that keep the game we enjoy, alive
I was also thinking about some kind of announcement in the discord or steam forums for the next big main event, to see if we can get more people involved in our beloved community comps.
But since you already tried that and typing the letter n once seems to be too much of a burden, :lol: maybe thats the wrong audience. ;) In the end it's up to BC anyway.
OR that's too much thinking and we should just let the matter rest and enjoy it while we can. :)
Would defenitly be sad to see these comps disappearing after all the years and the effort that has been put into creating them.
splainin2do wrote:(*aw, heck.. even *I* am guilty for looking for the "like" button to click on when I read some of the posts here! :-P :lol: )
Agree :D a "thumbs up smiley" would also really come in handy
Stats
Spoiler:
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

Smokin1 wrote: I did try. My 1st attempt, I shot at a ninja piggy, he moved just as I pulled the trigger, so there was a missed shot.
Yes these pigs are mean little stinker. :lol: At least you tried, thats all that matters.With some more experience you'll soon be posting the big scores ;)
Stats
Spoiler:
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Faultier wrote:I was also thinking about some kind of announcement in the discord or steam forums for the next big main event, to see if we can get more people involved in our beloved community comps.
But since you already tried that and typing the letter n once seems to be too much of a burden, :lol: maybe thats the wrong audience. ;)
Agree :D a "thumbs up smiley" would also really come in handy
To be fair, I only mentioned it on Fakebook. I'm just learning some Discord stuff and have no idea how to announce that on Steam. But, seeing some of the posts from folks that can't type an "n", your conclusion about them is shared by others. ;)

Yes, even just a "thumbs up" is good! ;)

Return to “Competitions”