Next Gen Mini Comp #21 by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Next Gen Mini Comp #21 by BCKidd

Post by Fletchette »

BCKidd wrote:1st Place Radamus!
I'm pretty sure this is one of the signs of the apocalypse...
Personal Bests...
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Fletchette wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Smokin1
Hunter

Post by Smokin1 »

Congrats to the winners. Nicely done.
I did try. I truly think that a critter like a roo, being that large would have bigger lungs and heart as a target..... :twisted: I had a couple of roo's that I thought would make me a contender, but nooo... :twisted: Got the one shot dead rule, but not the heart/lung target. Oh well, I did get a picture of the T-Rex in the distance, so that's cool. Thanks again BCKidd for a great comp.

1st attempt: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/smok ... /110238349 time: 58m 08s no submission.
2nd attempt: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/smok ... /110238816 time: 1h 16m 56s no submission
3rd attempt: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/smok ... /110260909 time: 1h 36m 41s no submission
4th attempt: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/smok ... /110262424 time: 1h 26m 25s no submission

Smokin1
Spoiler:
Keep Smilin' :P It keeps people scared.. They always wonder what you've been up to. :twisted:
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

Had the champagne on ice already but the competition is strong on here so now it`s back to beer :lol:
I´m happy i made it on the podium this time and for my first "real" points on the Leaderboard.
Grats Radamus and ppgunz. Thx BC for hosting and everyone playing along.
Till next time
Stats
Spoiler:
ppgunz
Hunter

Post by ppgunz »

congratulations to all, I hope to see you in the next one
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Hey Everyone! We finally landed back to base so had a minute to share something you may find laughable about my strategy on this one.
I knew I may not have much, if any time to participate on this one while travelling.
I brushed over the rules quickly *this is my secret winning formula* ~ So here's how I read the rules with my interpretation sprinkled with a little dyslexia " No more than 5 Roo's - closet to 240 without going over" :D ~ If ya notice my hunt I have a female as the last roo - I collected it and went "YES! SMOKED EM!" because it added up to 239 point :lol: :lol: :lol: ~ Now, it was time to post my score - I go back to the ROE to C/P the score guide and re-read the rules and went "I'm an idiot" .... Then I said, ok, lets do a little math....Hmmm, Oh, OK, ah, I think this looks, YES! SCORE! I think that's a pretty good number.

The moral of the story is, "go hunt and have fun" because sometimes I laugh at myself more than anyone can know. As is said and is true, it is better to be lucky than good. Much like the previous comp when the guy who wrote the rules even messed up~ and that's funny you just can't make up.
Last edited by Radamus on April 3rd, 2022, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Fletchette wrote:
Wife let you use the computer again? :P
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Thanks again BC! This was a great one of course! :lol: ~ As I say about speed limit signs, These are "only a guide" to get you in the window, like ROE's, don't focus on them too hard until the end. Can't fault my theory this time :D ~ which is surely to bite me in the ass sooner than later
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Glad you landed without having to use a parachute! You and Lucky both read the ROE as 240 max score. When Lucky posted his thought, and I read 240 on his post I had to double check myself... "Nope, nope it is 420 Kidd," I had to say to self. Good scores by the winners no if buts, or coconuts about it! Well done winners, and Rad, you're gaining on me, time for me to pull up my own big boy pants and start adding folks to my "kick their butts" list again... you're the first on that list. ;) ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Faultier wrote:Had the champagne on ice already but the competition is strong on here so now it`s back to beer :lol:
Yeah, I find this happens a lot. I get my heart broken frequently when I have a score that looks like it will last, only to see it get completely squashed in the last half of the last day, while I'm at work and having almost no chance of trying to improve it before the comp ends. I'm still going to try, though! :) Maybe someday I'll get lucky like Rad!
Radamus wrote: *this is my secret winning formula* ~ I go back to the ROE to C/P the score guide and re-read the rules and went "I'm an idiot" .... Then I said, ok, lets do a little math....Hmmm, Oh, OK, ah, I think this looks, YES! SCORE! I think that's a pretty good number.

The moral of the story is, "go hunt and have fun" because sometimes I laugh at myself more than anyone can know. As is said and is true, it is better to be lucky than good. Much like the previous comp when the guy who wrote the rules even messed up~ and that's funny you just can't make up.
And there it is... the REAL reason Rad won... PURE. DUMB. LUCK.! :lol: :lol:

"Go hunt and have fun"... absolutely! :D I play for a combination of fun and experience. These comps have surely made me a better player, and I do LOVE this game! I'm addicted, I admit it! ;)

I'm late with the recap as I spent the evening (and night, and early morning) playing with friends (old and new) and taking down a couple of T-Rexes while they were still around. We had a good time and got some great photos. Well worth it. I did have to take time out from the Rex search on WR when I found a leucitic bison- THAT had to be harvested, dinosaur or not! ;)
Spoiler:
I'm really surprised at the number of people that made mistakes with the RoE on this one.. and shocked that I wasn't one of them! Congrats to all - this was a interesting, tricky twist on a comp, and I'd like to see something like this again!!

2022 Mini-Competition #21 (Unofficial) Final Score Results
~~NAME~~Total
1.Radamus~~418.4828
2.ppgunz~~417.8946
3.Faultier ~~417.6037
4.BCKidd~~409.4409
5.splainin2do~~377.7595
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Return to “Competitions”