April 2022 Main Event by BCKidd.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: April 2022 Main Event by BCKidd.

Post by BCKidd »

SIX HOURS to Comp end!

I wonder if anyone else is gonna make any submissions. I have to say, this was a tense comp. Why is it tho', when we are given a distant requirement, that is is so dang tough. With no distant requirement, we'd have been dropping the critters without a problem. It must be the psychology of it all. :D Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

BCKidd wrote:It must be the psychology of it all.
No psychology for me, it's mostly just the combination of a minimum distance and iron sights making this one hard on me. My monitor is a 28" tv which you think would make it easier, but keep in mind I also normally sit about 14 feet back from it on the other side of the room. I have trouble seeing all kinds of stuff that most people see easily. People are always saying "there's an animal over there" and they'll aim their gun and mark it with a dot and tell me what it's doing and... I just don't see it. I usually blame that on them using lower settings than me but I think that's only half the problem. A 28" monitor from across a room is arguably pretty small for gaming purposes. So I hunted as normal in this one but full disclosure, when I found an animal I wanted to shoot I had to sit on the foot of my bed like 3 feet from the tv to actually see it clearly with the iron sights XD

And even then, not all my shots were perfect. I don't care for the iron sights on the 8x57 at all but I wanted to use the biggest caliber allowed for each species to increase my chances of still actually killing an animal if I botched a shot. And good thing, because I apparently "body" shot a deer in my last attempt. If I used one of the smaller calibers, I'm not sure if it would have died thus possibly ruining my attempt. The iron sight on the .405 was a little nicer for me. I can't say if the .405 was ever nerfed or not, but my 50 meter moose on my second attempt was double lung shot and ran about 10m before he dropped, which dropped my harvest value to 92% and made his 588kg weight only worth about 540 points in the comp. Bummer there.

This one has definitely been trying for me and I'm still looking over my shoulder for Dylmax or anyone else to catch me. He posted a score, it took me three attempts to top it, then he followed up with a new score beating me by less than 2 points and I was able to pass him again with my last attempt... but I'm just waiting to see if he gets his last attempt in to catch me again. I was trying so hard to sneak past Faultier at the end of my last attempt. I was just 2 points shy and botching the shot at the bear right at the start of my last attempt cost me my chance. I got that nice elk that got me caught up to his score but I just couldn't find a single animal that would give me even a 2 point improvement after that. Oh well, I tried 8-)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

This Main Event Competition has Officially ended!
A big thanks to all of you, for making it fun. :D
I will announce the winners in 90 minutes!
Stay tuned for another Main Event- in a month or so.
Don't forget about the Mini-Comps! We're moving onto mini-comp #25 next.
I hope to see you all there, and anyone else who wishes to participate! ;) Respectfully,
You wanna lose your mind- join the Mini-Comps... EVERYONE is welcome! ;)
BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

So far, all hunt histories as far as I can tell check-out! I'm happy about that. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Drum Roll...
The winners of the "1st Main Event Community Comp" of 2022 are:
1st Place and bringing home the Gold and 3000EM$! TheWind7 with a score of 1434.093
2nd Place and bringing home the Silver and 2000EM$! Ppgunz with a score of 1426.741
3rd Place and bringing home the Bronze and 1000EM$! Baipe60 with a score of 1420.408
4th Place and bringing home the Hematite and 500EM$! Faultier with a score of 1381.718
Winning prizes will be Transferred to the winners accounts within 48 hrs. Thanks again to all who took part! ;) Respect,
Any discrepancies in the winning scores will be addressed accordingly.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
ppgunz
Hunter

Post by ppgunz »

My sincere congratulations to the winners.
I never thought I could be in the top four.
thanks for the competition
a greeting
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

There was a LOT of heartache and surprises in this comp... and many, many, MANY curse words uttered as well!! :lol:
An excellent job by all; this was TOUGH - both in skill and on the nerves! Congrats to the winners and to everyone, and a big thanks to BCKidd for keeping us on our toes and providing us with all this heart-pounding, gut-wrenching "entertainment"! :lol:

Until the next time... or, better still, see you in 2 days for the next in the Mini-Comp series! :D

April 2022 Main Event (Unofficial) Final Score Results
~~ Name~~SCORE
1. TheWind7 - 1434.093
2. ppgunz - 1426.741
3. BaiPe6o - 1420.408
4. Faultier - 1381.718
5.xOEDragonx-1380.121
6.napeHb_c_nep-1345.282
7.dylmax91-1343.872
8.BCKidd-1275.349
9.LeX13Strelok-1269.369
DNF. LatinJoker69 - 1253.759
10.splainin2do-817.3833
DNF. LuckyMurph - 680.9978
DNF. Smokin1 - 0
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

whaaat? :o no last minute submission and a 4th winner ? Thats a change i like 8-) :lol:

Congrats to TheWind,ppgunz and BaiPe6o.

What I learned from this event is with only 4 hunts you better make every one of them count and not take an attempt too easy.
If you do you might end up with a lot of pressure in your last try. ;)
Was a lot of fun so thanks for hosting these competitions for us BCKidd
Stats
Spoiler:
BaiPe6o
Scout

Post by BaiPe6o »

Congrats to the other winners and all with results. It was a great comp with a lot of nice moments. Thank you BCKidd for the prices and hosting it. I enjoyed every minute of my attempts, it was really challenging with these rules. You know how to make these copms special.
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

All winning transfers have taken place. A big thanks to Avery and EW staff for making it happen! See you all in the next mini-comp- it starts tomorrow. 8-) Respect,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”