Mini Comp #91

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Mini Comp #91

Post by BCKidd »

Banner by xOEDragonx

These competitions will last 48 hours! Keep your eyes open for the next!
I’ll be using a point system- 1st Place 6 points, 2nd Place 3 points, 3rd place 2 points, per mini-comp win. You will need 30 points to get a payout of 1000EM$. Anything over 30 points gets carried over to your next score.
Non-participation in any mini-comp does not subtract from any points you accumulate. Your points accumulate with each and every win!
30 points/ Five 1st place wins = 1000EM$.
All submissions must be made in the English language.
RULES & CONDITIONS
SPECIES: Red Deer(M)
RESERVES: Val Des Bois
STARTS: Tuesday October 26 4:00 PM PDT (11:00 PM GMT)
ENDS: Thursday October 28 3:59:59 PM PDT (10:59:59 PM GMT)

Host can compete for prizes

DESCRIPTION
Combined score of three Red deer
All in one hunt: No

WEAPONS
Any Permitted

SCORING
Combined Score.

SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
HEART/LUNG - The heart or lung must be hit. Other organs can also be hit.
MINIMUM DISTANCE: 30m - Animals must be shot at this distance or greater.
MAXIMUM DISTANCE: 200m - Animals must be shot at this distance or less.
ATTEMPT TIME: 10 hours - Total amount of time on comp reserves allowed.
NOTE: Only animals harvested within the allotted attempt time are eligible.

SP ONLY

STANDARD REQUIREMENTS
Hunts should be submitted immediately after completing the hunt. Max 90 min. (No Sandbagging)
NOTE: If you start another hunt before submitting, your previous hunt is not eligible.
Hunts must start after the competition starts, and end before the competition ends to be valid.
Minimum hunt duration is 30 minutes (No Spawnmashing)
Hunt start times must be 30 minutes apart.
If you have a 16 minute hunt you must wait 14 minutes to start another hunt. Hunts < 2 minutes with no distance traveled, no animals spotted or tracked (disconnects, can't connect to server) are exempt from this rule.

Until something better comes along- Here is the Blueprint you can use. I will check all winning entries & Hunt Histories.

(Copy/Paste) To add your score.

Complete hunt: link here

Red Deer: (Score) B&C Scoresheet link here:
+
+

*Note: Please post your time for each submissions. Example 1st Submission (3hrs, 12minutes, 26seconds) This will be checked. Exceeding 10hrs makes all submissions inadmissible.

SCORING: Be sure to use the data from your animal's B&C scoresheet!
[bigimg]https://i.postimg.cc/q7g9JR5n/scorecard.jpg[/bigimg]

Conditions

I will be participating for points. I reserve the right to modify the rules and terms of this competition at any time between the date and time of this post, and the start of the competition. I also reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time. I reserve the right to disqualify any participant at my discretion for any reason, including but not limited to: cheating, unsportsmanlike conduct, harassment, spawn-mashing, et. al. Discrepancies & ambiguities in the rules or scoring will be addressed by the competition host as expediently as possible.

All winners please redeem your winning Gift Codes within 10 days.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Re: Mini Comp #91

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

Can this be explained in more detail?
"A % on a scale of 1-100 based on the lowest possible score & the highest achieved score to date."
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:Can this be explained in more detail?
"A % on a scale of 1-100 based on the lowest possible score & the highest achieved score to date."
I believe this means a percentage will be our submission, rather just the animal's score? For example, if the animal's lowest score possible would be 100, and its highest score to date would be 500, one that has a score of 400 would have a normalized score of 75%. The Elk I got last night (Comp 90) has a normalized score of 86.733.

view here

Now, the only way I know how to find that answer is through the new Trophy Checker page... BCKidd- is there another way I don't know about?
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

splainin2do wrote:
I believe this means a percentage will be our submission, rather just the animal's score? For example, if the animal's lowest score possible would be 100, and its highest score to date would be 500, one that has a score of 400 would have a normalized score of 75%. The Elk I got last night (Comp 90) has a normalized score of 86.733.

view here

Now, the only way I know how to find that answer is through the new Trophy Checker page... BCKidd- is there another way I don't know about?
Thanks. Let's wait for more comments)))
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:
splainin2do wrote:

view here

Thanks. Let's wait for more comments)))
Actually that is right. But, since it won't be an automated comp. I have removed that. Instead it will be combined score- something that we can all easily understand. Thanks for pointing it out. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

BCKidd wrote:Actually that is right. But, since it won't be an automated comp. I have removed that. Instead it will be combined score- something that we can all easily understand. Thanks for pointing it out. ;)
Someday, perhaps... ;)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Since this comp is only one species, normalized score is unnecessary.

"Normalized Score" (Similar to CSS, but without the multiplier) is used when trying to equalize the value of 2 or more different species.

The extreme example being a comp that requires a bobcat (max score 9.6) & canada goose (max score 9000). Without equalizing, the bobcat is 0.1% of your overall score, and becomes almost completely irrelevant. You still have to harvest one, but even a low scoring 6.0 most likely won't make a difference if you bag a high scoring goose.

When normalized, now your 6.0 scoring bobcat gets you 0 normalized points, and you have to try to get a bigger one. And your high scoring goose gets 90-100 points instead of 8000 - 9000.

The formula for normalized is the same as the CSS formula, except without the difficulty multiplier...

CSS = (Score - Min_Score) / (Max_Score - Min_Score) * 100 * Species_Multiplier
NORM = (Score - Min_Score) / (Max_Score - Min_Score) * 100
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Tod1d wrote:Since this comp is only one species, normalized score is unnecessary.

"Normalized Score" (Similar to CSS, but without the multiplier) is used when trying to equalize the value of 2 or more different species.

The extreme example being a comp that requires a bobcat (max score 9.6) & canada goose (max score 9000). Without equalizing, the bobcat is 0.1% of your overall score, and becomes almost completely irrelevant. You still have to harvest one, but even a low scoring 6.0 most likely won't make a difference if you bag a high scoring goose.

When normalized, now your 6.0 scoring bobcat gets you 0 normalized points, and you have to try to get a bigger one. And your high scoring goose gets 90-100 points instead of 8000 - 9000.

The formula for normalized is the same as the CSS formula, except without the difficulty multiplier...

CSS = (Score - Min_Score) / (Max_Score - Min_Score) * 100 * Species_Multiplier
NORM = (Score - Min_Score) / (Max_Score - Min_Score) * 100
Even so, how would people know what the Min and Max scores for the animals are to do those calculations without using the Trophy Checker? :?
I'm sure that data is somewhere... but I don't know where it is. :)
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

splainin2do wrote: Even so, how would people know what the Min and Max scores for the animals are to do those calculations without using the Trophy Checker? :?
I'm sure that data is somewhere... but I don't know where it is. :)
Good point. The data is available on the wiki CSS page.
Although at player's bequest, at theHunter:Classic Companion we've modified the max scores to reflect the top leaderboard scores rather than the max theoretical score, since for a few of the species the top leaderboard scores are quite a bit lower than the max theoretical score.
So, the min scores are available on the wiki CSS page, where the max scores are in the leaderboards.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Four hours until kick off! ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”