Competition Generator - By theHunter:Classic Companion

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
THC_Companion

Competition Generator - By theHunter:Classic Companion

Post by THC_Companion »

Coming Soon
theHunter:Classic Companion Competition Creator is an online application that will allow community competition hosts the ability to quickly create a competition by selecting animals, rules, requirements & options on a simple form. The system will handle the creation of the overview, leaderboard & submission pages for the comp, and even automate the distribution of prizes. The application will be available to any theHunter:Classic player that wants to host a competition.
If we can get this thing tested thoroughly, we expect to release it within the next month or two.

History
Way back, a long time ago (Apr 2013-ish), David (Caledonianblues. AKA Cookie Monster) had a dream of creating THE ULTIMATE Competition Generator, a fully automated system to create & manage community competitions. While UHC flourished for several years, that dream was never realized.
Over 100 competitions were hosted, but they were all created individually, manually. Now, theHunter:Classic Companion is happy to offer this service.

Screen Shots
The application is nearing it's final stages, but these may not represent fully the final product.

Future Plans / Additional Features
Trophy Checker: We've resurrected the trophy checker from UHC and offered for those that want to analyze their trophies. Currently available at https://thc-comp.com
Leagues/Tournaments/Events: We're looking into creating a higher level structure that can include multiple competitions with points, prizes, etc...
Missions: We're also considering a Mission Generator to create missions & mission packs similar to the official missions on theHunter:Classic
Et. Al.: Who knows what else? We're open to suggestions.

Beta Testing
We are currently in the beta testing phase, making sure everything works as designed and sprucing things up a bit.
We could use another couple of testers. If you're interested in beta testing, and meet the following criteria, send an email to [email protected] including your forum name, hunter name, location (general. City, Country), Discord user ID, and available hours.
A short description explaining why you want to test, and what you can offer would be very helpful.
  • Available at least 1 hr/day (5 hours / week) to test. That's a bare minimum, more would be better.
    (NOTE: You can use a lot of your regular hunts for testing, so this is not only "in addition" to your regular hunting time)
  • Can communicate well in English. Translation is OK, if you're detail oriented enough to get the point across. Sorry we don't speak other languages. "Old dogs, new tricks" ;)
  • Discord. All discussions regarding testing will occur on a private Discord channel.
  • Ability to create & execute your own test cases. About 10% of testing will be executing the process in a 'normal' fashion. i.e. following the process as intended & following all the rules.
    The rest will be intentionally 'breaking the rules' to make sure the system doesn't allow things that it shouldn't.
    e.g. if a comp requires "Rifles Only", you should try to submit animals shot with bows, muzzle-loaders, etc... to verify that the system will not accept them.
Happy Hunting! :D, theHunter:Classic Companion Staff
BCKidd

Re: Competition Generator - By theHunter:Classic Companion

Post by BCKidd »

I can hardly wait to start using this. It is going to be awesome! ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

As a member of the staff, I'd like to add that we're VERY excited about this! :D We've been doing some testing already, and could really use some more people giving their feedback about how it works, what didn't work, what could be improved and so on.
We all love competitions, and knowing the scores- Come on and be a part of helping to make this site as incredible as it can be! :)

Thanks! :D
"Spreadsheets"2do ;) :lol:
Colin Walker
Scout
Location: ScouseLand, United Kingdom 53°28'58.9"N 2°52'51.4"W

Post by Colin Walker »

Liking the look of the layout, congratz to all involved, looking forward to being able to use this in future :)
Season 39

Range record- Season 23, Season 25, Season 37 Dall Sheep
PB range, Xbow 580.470, Bow 471.180, Rifle 609.050 , Pistol 274.90, No scope rifle 571.280

2016 Season 16
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

THC_Companion wrote:Coming Soon

A short description explaining why you want to test, and what you can offer would be very helpful.
Sounds like you want a "Curriculum Vitae" aka a "Resume". :lol: :lol:. You know I'm down for testing. I like to break things... ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
THC_Companion

Post by THC_Companion »

BCKidd wrote:Sounds like you want a "Curriculum Vitae" aka a "Resume". :lol: :lol:. You know I'm down for testing. I like to break things... ;) Respect,

BCKidd.
"...short description..." ;)

Just a blurb to help us tell who's serious.
RudiRR
Scout

Post by RudiRR »

Fantastic thing. I can't wait for it to start working
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

RudiRR wrote:Fantastic thing. I can't wait for it to start working
I agree! But it still needs more testing and tweaking first... and we could really use some more people to test it out.

Although when this does go 'live', competitions will have actual prizes, the test competitions do not award any. There is no expense for anyone to create a competition during this testing phase!
We're looking for more people to give feedback on the experience of creating them, and also with submitting hunts. What happens if you- Start a hunt then join a comp? Break a rule? Are there any missing images? ...and so on. :)
Also, we're looking for feedback on the general experience; appearance, layout, function, etc.

Send a PM to THC_Companion if you're interested in helping to bring this to life for everyone.
If you are interested, but don't use Discord and are not sure how to, you can send me a PM and we'll arrange to help you set that up. ;)
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

splainin2do wrote:
RudiRR wrote:Fantastic thing. I can't wait for it to start working
I agree! But it still needs more testing and tweaking first... and we could really use some more people to test it out.

Although when this does go 'live', competitions will have actual prizes, the test competitions do not award any. There is no expense for anyone to create a competition during this testing phase!
We're looking for more people to give feedback on the experience of creating them, and also with submitting hunts. What happens if you- Start a hunt then join a comp? Break a rule? Are there any missing images? ...and so on. :)
Also, we're looking for feedback on the general experience; appearance, layout, function, etc.

Send a PM to THC_Companion if you're interested in helping to bring this to life for everyone.
If you are interested, but don't use Discord and are not sure how to, you can send me a PM and we'll arrange to help you set that up. ;)
It is a pity that we cannot provide all possible help. There is time. But in the conditions for the resume it is indicated - "Can communicate well in English..."
THC_Companion

Post by THC_Companion »

I changed the contact method to "email at [email protected]" for prospective beta testers. Forum PM was not ideal.

Happy Hunting

Return to “Competitions”