"Bows for Does & Bullets for Bucks" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

"Bows for Does & Bullets for Bucks" by BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Thanks EW for revising the Banner for 2021!

“Bows for Does & Bullets for Bucks” by BCKidd
6500 EM$ up for grabs!
1st Place 3000EM$
2nd Place 2000EM$
3rd Place 1000EM$
4th Place 500EM$

Prizes will be awarded by way of Account Transfers and will be added to the winners accounts within 48 hours of comp ending.

All submissions must be made in the English language.
Start Date: Friday October 8 2021 Time: 11:00 PM GMT.
(*Friday October 8 2021 4:00 PM PDT)
End Date: Monday October 18 2021 Time: 10:59:59 PM GMT.
(*Monday October 18 2021 *3:59:59 PM PDT)

~~It is the competitors responsibility to know when the comp starts and ends in their Time Zones. Here is a handy link: https://savvytime.com/converter/gmt-to-pst

Essentially, I will announce on this thread when the comp officially starts without that announcement it hasn't started.

Universal Requirements:

***Hunts must begin after the comp start, and end before the comp ends.
***Hunt/Scores must be submitted within 90 minutes of hunt ending. (No Sandbagging)
***Hunts on competition reserves must be ≥ 60 minutes real time. (2 game hours)
***Once your 5 attempts are complete: The ROE is no longer in effect.
***Cool Down: Hunts on competition reserves must start no less than 60 minutes apart. Not following this rule makes those hunts inadmissible.

Example: You have a hunt on a competition reserve that ends after 26 minutes. You must wait the remaining 34 minutes before starting another hunt on a competition reserve.

Hunts less than 2 minutes with no distance traveled, no animals spotted or tracked (such as disconnects, can't connect to server) won't count toward the Cool Down Period rule.
MP hunts on competition reserve will apply to the Cool Down Period rule and subtract from any allotted attempts.
It is advisable that if you leave a hunt for any reason, that you use ALT+F4 to exit game. This updates hunt history immediately.

Rules of Enforcement (ROE) and Conditions

Reserve: Whitehart Island
Species: 3 Whitetail Buck (must be shot with rifle ammo). 3 Whitetail Does (must be shot with any bow except cross bow)
Gender Specific: Both
Scoring: Total combined weight in kgs of male & female. (+) combined score of the males. Highest score wins.
Must have all six animals in one hunt.
Submitted animals Must die from one-shot.
Equipment: No tree-stands, tripod rest, ground-blinds, tripods or portable towers. Reserve towers only are acceptable.
Weapon: Any ethical rifle ammo for the males. Any bow except crossbow for the females.
Missed Shots: A deduction of 10 points per missed shot (if any) must be applied to final score.
Distance Requirement: Males only >/= 100m.
Tie Breakers: Furthest combined distance wins.
5 Attempts: An attempt is noted and subtracted every time you hunt on a competition reserve, until your 5 attempts are used up.
Maximum Hunt Time: Per submission 7 Real Time Hrs, including pauses.

Quote Previous Submissions when improving scores:

Until something better comes along- Here is the Blueprint you can use. I will check all winning entries & Hunt Histories.

(Copy/Paste) To add your score.

Complete hunt : link here

B&C Scoresheets here:
Whitetail Buck = (Weight in kgs.)
Whitetail Buck = (Score)
+
B&C Scoresheets here:
Whitetail Buck = (Score)
+
B&C Scoresheets here:
Whitetail Buck = (Score)
+
Whitetail Doe = (weight in kgs.) B&C Scoresheet here:
+
+
-----------------------------------
CTS= Subtract 10 points per missed shot (if any).

Scoring Example only:

Combined male and female weight = 500 Kgs
+
Combined score of the males = 300
CTS= 800
Highest Score Wins.
------------------------------------

SCORING: Be sure to use the data from your animal's B&C scoresheet!
[bigimg]https://i.postimg.cc/q7g9JR5n/scorecard.jpg[/bigimg]

STANDINGS:
You can view the current unofficial standings at https://tinyurl.com/Bows4Does-Bullets4Bucks
These numbers are updated manually twice a day and are provided for you to help verify your posted scores within 24 hours.
If your posted score does not match what is in these standings, it will be shown in a yellow box. Please check your submission. These standings do NOT account for the ROE being followed.

Competition host may participate for accolades only. Prizes will be distributed to other participants, even if the host places in a top spot.
I reserve the right to modify the rules and terms of this competition at any time between the date and time of this post, and the start of the competition. I also reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time.
Competition hosts reserve the right to disqualify any participant at their discretion for any reason, including but not limited to: cheating, spawn mashing, unsportsmanlike conduct, harassment, et. al.
Discrepancies & ambiguities in the rules or scoring site will be addressed by the competition host as expediently as possible.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Re: "Bows for Does & Bullets for Bucks" by BCKidd

Post by curlyCoyote »

"Maximum Hunt Time: Per submission 7 Real Time Hrs, including pauses." A really good updated rule I think, especially for the number of animals we need to get.
ppgunz
Hunter

Post by ppgunz »

Would it be valid to shoot from a reserve tower?
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

ppgunz wrote:Would it be valid to shoot from a reserve tower?
Reserve towers would be fine. I have added to the ROE no portable towers- ones that we buy and set up. That was a good question, Ppgunz, and thanks for bringing to the forefront. There has also been an update to the Hit Accuracy from 100% to 90%. I was considering deducting points like -5 points for every missed shot. Example: Combined Total score = 800 (-15) for 3 missed shots = 785 ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

How will you calculate Hit accuracy with 2 (or more) weapons? Is it 90% for each weapon? ...or overall?

Example

Code: Select all

Weapon     Shots     Hit Accuracy
Bow          4           75%
Rifle        8          100%
Overall      12          92%
If "each weapon", then I can make 6 more hits with the bow to bring the accuracy up to 90%.
If I hit a doe in the neck or spine, will she live long enough to put 5 more point blank shots in her leg?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
napeHb_c_neperapom_DK
Hunter

Post by napeHb_c_neperapom_DK »

The idea of deducting points like -5 or -10 points for every missed shot is very interesting !!!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tod1d wrote:How will you calculate Hit accuracy with 2 (or more) weapons? Is it 90% for each weapon? ...or overall?

Example

Code: Select all

Weapon     Shots     Hit Accuracy
Bow          4           75%
Rifle        8          100%
Overall      12          92%
If "each weapon", then I can make 6 more hits with the bow to bring the accuracy up to 90%.
If I hit a doe in the neck or spine, will she live long enough to put 5 more point blank shots in her leg?
I was thinking over all- but, instead of that. I like the idea of deducting points for every missed shot. This gives competitors more incentive to make sure they do not miss, at the same time there would be no inadmissible submissions. Just deductions for every missed shot. Whereas Hit Accuracy of any % makes the submission inadmissible, the same with 1s1k. Deducting points from final score allows misses to be made at the expensive of point deductions. No wasted attempts due to Hit Accuracy or messing up by not fulfilling the 1s1k rule. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

napeHb_c_neperapom_DK wrote:The idea of deducting points like -5 or -10 points for every missed shot is very interesting !!!
I also like that idea. Making it a 10 point deduction for every missed shot is even better. :lol: Respectfully,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I can't seem to make any changes. This text keeps coming up: "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.
It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct."
What! :? Respectfully,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

BCKidd wrote:I can't seem to make any changes. This text keeps coming up: "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.
It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct."
What! :? Respectfully,

BCKidd.
use [bigimg]
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Competitions”