"Bows for Does & Bullets for Bucks" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
EduT
Hunter

Re: "Bows for Does & Bullets for Bucks" by BCKidd

Post by EduT »

thanks brian for this comp and congrats to all winners and participants
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

All prize awards have been awarded to the winners theHunter accounts! Thank you EW for taking the time to make the transfers, it is appreciated. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BaiPe6o
Scout

Post by BaiPe6o »

Yes, ems received. Thanks for the comp and congrats to the winners and all with scores. It wasn't easy but was fun as always. See you in the next one!
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yeah, I had a fun time. I truly liked the challenge. It wasn't easy finding males and dropping them at 100m with all that bramble and whatnot on WHI. I also really liked the deduction of 10 points for every miss. This way a hunt is never DQ'd unless a competitor doesn't follow the ROE, and they can decide if they want to take 10 point loss if they missed or use up another attempt. With 100% Hit Accuracy and 1 shot-1 kill if one fails at that the hunt is finished. By subtracting points 5 or 10 from final score allows a hunt to continue at a minor loss. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

BCKidd wrote:Yeah, I had a fun time. I truly liked the challenge. It wasn't easy finding males and dropping them at 100m with all that bramble and whatnot on WHI. I also really liked the deduction of 10 points for every miss. This way a hunt is never DQ'd unless a competitor doesn't follow the ROE, and they can decide if they want to take 10 point loss if they missed or use up another attempt. With 100% Hit Accuracy and 1 shot-1 kill if one fails at that the hunt is finished. By subtracting points 5 or 10 from final score allows a hunt to continue at a minor loss. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.
I absolutely loved this addition. I don't always have time for multiple attempts. Usually I'll be trying at the end of the day, a few hours (at most) before bedtime. Missing a shot and then having to wait until the remainder of the minimum time (30 or 60 minutes) is up can be heartbreaking - and deal breaking- if I didn't get to start until later at night. Being able to miss a shot, and accepting a point penalty because of that, made the difference in me being able to post a score at all in this competition. I'm very grateful it was added, and would love to see it implemented here and there in the future! :)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

splainin2do wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Yeah, I had a fun time. I truly liked the challenge. It wasn't easy finding males and dropping them at 100m with all that bramble and whatnot on WHI. I also really liked the deduction of 10 points for every miss. This way a hunt is never DQ'd unless a competitor doesn't follow the ROE, and they can decide if they want to take 10 point loss if they missed or use up another attempt. With 100% Hit Accuracy and 1 shot-1 kill if one fails at that the hunt is finished. By subtracting points 5 or 10 from final score allows a hunt to continue at a minor loss. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.
I absolutely loved this addition. I don't always have time for multiple attempts. Usually I'll be trying at the end of the day, a few hours (at most) before bedtime. Missing a shot and then having to wait until the remainder of the minimum time (30 or 60 minutes) is up can be heartbreaking - and deal breaking- if I didn't get to start until later at night. Being able to miss a shot, and accepting a point penalty because of that, made the difference in me being able to post a score at all in this competition. I'm very grateful it was added, and would love to see it implemented here and there in the future! :)
I totally agree. It works well I think- at least then competitors have another option rather than killing their expedition, unless they decide to use up an attempt due to a missed shot. At least it doesn't make the hunt inadmissible, and if decided they could carry on. I don't know how many times I had an awesome score, but due to 100 Hit Accuracy or 1s1k I had to abandon the hunt. With a point deduction it isn't necessary. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

BCKidd wrote:I don't know how many times I had an awesome score, but due to 100 Hit Accuracy or 1s1k I had to abandon the hunt. With a point deduction it isn't necessary. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.
See? I told you 1s1k is evil! :evil: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Competitions”