"In The Distance Community Comp" by BCKidd.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

"In The Distance Community Comp" by BCKidd.

Post by BCKidd »

Thanks EW for revising the Banner for 2021!

“In the Distance Community Comp” by BCKidd
6500 EM$ up for grabs!
1st Place 3000EM$
2nd Place 2000EM$
3rd Place 1000EM$
4th Place 500EM$

Prizes will be awarded by way of Account Transfers and will be added to the winners accounts within 48 hours of comp ending.

All submissions must be made in the English language.
Trophies by Caledonianblues.
The winners names will be represented on their winning trophy.
Thank you Cal! 8-)
Start Date: Friday September 17 2021 Time: 11:00 PM GMT.
(*Friday September 17 2021 4:00 PM PDT)
End Date: Monday September 27 2021 Time: 10:59:59 PM GMT.
(*Monday September 27 2021 *3:59:59 PM PDT)

~~It is the competitors responsibility to know when the comp starts and ends in their Time Zones. Here is a handy link: https://savvytime.com/converter/gmt-to-pst

Essentially, I will announce on this thread when the comp officially starts without that announcement it hasn't started.

Universal Requirements:

***Hunts must begin after the comp start, and end before the comp ends.
***Hunt/Scores must be submitted within 90 minutes of hunt ending. (No Sandbagging)
***Hunts on competition reserves must be ≥ 60 minutes real time. (2 game hours)
***Once your 5 attempts are complete: The ROE is no longer in effect.
***Cool Down: Hunts on competition reserves must start no less than 60 minutes apart. Not following this rule makes those hunts inadmissible.

Example: You have a hunt on a competition reserve that ends after 26 minutes. You must wait the remaining 34 minutes before starting another hunt on a competition reserve.

Hunts less than 2 minutes with no distance traveled, no animals spotted or tracked (such as disconnects, can't connect to server) won't count toward the Cool Down Period rule.
MP hunts on competition reserve will apply to the Cool Down Period rule and subtract from any allotted attempts.
It is advisable that if you leave a hunt for any reason, that you use ALT+F4 to exit game. This updates hunt history immediately.

Rules of Enforcement (ROE) and Conditions

Reserve: Redfeather Falls
Species: Black Bear, Moose, Roosevelt Elk
Gender Specific: Males only.
Scoring: Total combined Weight (lbs) (-) Total combined Distance in meters. Lowest score wins.
Must have all three animals in one hunt.
Submitted animals Must die from one-shot.
Equipment: No tree-stands, tripod rest, ground-blinds or tripods.
Weapon: Any
100% Hit Accuracy: All shots fired must hit an animal (No misses). This means you can shoot an animal more than once, and your expedition will not be DQ’d. That animal would not be admissible.
Tie Breakers: Furthest combined distance wins.
5 Attempts: An attempt is noted and subtracted every time you hunt on a competition reserve, until your 5 attempts are used up.

Quote Previous Submissions when improving scores:

Until something better comes along- Here is the Blueprint you can use. I will check all winning entries & Hunt Histories.

(Copy/Paste) To add your score.

Complete hunt : link here

Black bear = (Weight in lbs.) B&C Scoresheets here:
+
Moose = (Weight in lbs.) B&C Scoresheet here:
+
Roosevelt Elk = (Weight in lbs.) B&C Scoresheet here:
Combined weight: =

Black bear = (Distance in meters) + Moose = (Distance in meters) + Roosevelt Elk = (Distance in meters)
Combined distance: =

Combined weight (-) Combined distance. Lowest score wins.
-----------------------------------
CTS=

SCORING: Be sure to use the data from your animal's B&C scoresheet!

STANDINGS:
You can view the current unofficial standings at https://tinyurl.com/InTheDistanceComp
These numbers are updated manually twice a day and are provided for you to help verify your posted scores within 24 hours.
If your posted score does not match what is in these standings, it will be shown in a yellow box. Please check your submission. These standings do NOT account for the ROE being followed.

Competition host may participate for accolades only. Prizes will be distributed to other participants, even if the host places in a top spot.
I reserve the right to modify the rules and terms of this competition at any time between the date and time of this post, and the start of the competition. I also reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time.
Competition hosts reserve the right to disqualify any participant at their discretion for any reason, including but not limited to: cheating, spawn mashing, unsportsmanlike conduct, harassment, et. al.
Discrepancies & ambiguities in the rules or scoring site will be addressed by the competition host as expediently as possible.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
EricGiftzahn
Tracker

Re: "In The Distance Community Comp" by BCKidd.

Post by EricGiftzahn »

I don't get it. This comp is called "In the Distance", but to get a good score i have to shoot an animal closest i can?
Maybe CQB is a better name for that :mrgreen:

It looks doable and not as time consuming like that K9 Comp, so i'm in.

Edit: After reading twice i get it. You have to guess the weight and subtract the distance you want to take the shot. Wow, amazing idea BC.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: "In the distance Community Comp" by BCKidd.

Post by Tod1d »

So the (theoretical) lowest score is:

Black Bear = (126 - 300) = -174
+
Moose = (1014 - 300) = 714
+
Roosevelt Elk = (772 - 300) = 472
CTS = 1012

Does "Shot distance </= 300m." mean it actually has to be less than 300? so, 300.1 is too far?
Or that the best credit you can get for distance is 300. i.e. 327.123m is rounded down to 300?

I assume the former, but can see the latter as a possibility. ?? It eliminates the advantage of elevation, as long as you can see that far. (and know how to aim.)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

The scoring is LBs (-) distance and Lowest score wins. Example: Moose 1071 LBs (-) 250ms = 821. Example 2: Moose 1071 Lbs. (-) 50m = 1021. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Re: "In the distance Community Comp" by BCKidd.

Post by BCKidd »

Tod1d wrote:So the (theoretical) lowest score is:

Black Bear = (126 - 300) = -174
+
Moose = (1014 - 300) = 714
+
Roosevelt Elk = (772 - 300) = 472
CTS = 1012

Does "Shot distance </= 300m." mean it actually has to be less than 300? so, 300.1 is too far?
Or that the best credit you can get for distance is 300. i.e. 327.123m is rounded down to 300?

I assume the former, but can see the latter as a possibility. ?? It eliminates the advantage of elevation, as long as you can see that far. (and know how to aim.)
Yes a 300 m shot is acceptable but nothing more. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
EricGiftzahn
Tracker

Post by EricGiftzahn »

BCKidd wrote:The scoring is LBs (-) distance and Lowest score wins. Example: Moose 1071 LBs (-) 250ms = 821. Example 2: Moose 1071 Lbs. (-) 50m = 1021. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.
Huuu, that's a hard competition for all non americans. Because i have no experience with guessing lbs.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Using Kgs could give possible negative scores. On another note- it is confirmed that there will be trophies for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place winners! A big thanks to Cal for that! 8-) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
EricGiftzahn
Tracker

Post by EricGiftzahn »

BCKidd wrote:Using Kgs could give possible negative scores. On another note- it is confirmed that there will be trophies for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place winners! A big thanks to Cal for that! 8-) Respectfully,

BCKidd.
Good to see David is still active for this community. And first BC Comp with Tophies? I'm in.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

EricGiftzahn wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Using Kgs could give possible negative scores. On another note- it is confirmed that there will be trophies for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place winners! A big thanks to Cal for that! 8-) Respectfully,

BCKidd.
Good to see David is still active for this community. And first BC Comp with Tophies? I'm in.
Nope, Cal has often provided trophies for my comps. And yeah, very cool seeing him getting back into it- things will never be the same... :lol: :lol: Respect,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Pounds vs. kg, distance, stands, no stands, time constraints, hit accuracy... whoever programed that old competition site must have either been a genius or a *******... or maybe both! :shock:

Return to “Competitions”