UHC App registration

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Braylin50
Tracker

UHC App registration

Post by Braylin50 »

Is there a way to register to use the UHC App? The registration requires a hunter classic membership expiration date but that is no longer available to view since the new business model.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: UHC App registration

Post by Tod1d »

I've just changed the registration to use your start date for everyone. Try again, and let me know if it doesn't work.

[edit] I've just noticed there is no way to see your start date on the webpage/launcher. If you remember your start date, enter it.
I will work on changing the registration to use something else that only the player can know.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Braylin50
Tracker

Post by Braylin50 »

Where is the start date located? I scrolled back though about 75 pages of hunt history to find my first hunt was Sept, 12th 2013. That date did not match.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Tod1d wrote:I've just changed the registration to use your start date for everyone. Try again, and let me know if it doesn't work.

[edit] I've just noticed there is no way to see your start date on the webpage/launcher. If you remember your start date, enter it.
I will work on changing the registration to use something else that only the player can know.
Why not the classic "secret question"? that work in many sites, games or other places in need for a confirmation measure.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

VonStratos wrote:Why not the classic "secret question"? that work in many sites, games or other places in need for a confirmation measure.
The purpose behind previously asking when the user's membership ended, was to verify ownership of their theHunter account -- to stop someone creating a UHC account and linking it to someone else's theHunter account. It has to be a question relating to that person's theHunter account that only they could answer, i.e. can't be visible when you look at someone else's profile page. Tod came up with the idea of number of missions completed. That's probably the route we'll go.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Ok i see, for those who are already registered will have some impact in case to need recover the account by example, or is just for new register?

ImageImage
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

VonStratos wrote:Ok i see, for those who are already registered will have some impact in case to need recover the account by example, or is just for new register?
Just for new registration. It just verifies that the hunter name you enter is really yours.
Account recovery is done manually using the same email you used to register & sending to [email protected]
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Great, i was worried that i could need that information too, i dont remember when i did create my game account. :)

ImageImage

Return to “Competitions”