"Tusks, Feathers, and Fur 2019" by BCKidd.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: "Tusks, Feathers, and Fur 2019" by BCKidd.

Post by DYEUZ »

Kyrstally wrote:Might just stay away from bird ones. If I have a shot to take more than one bird, I'm going to. The Elk one looks fun. I'm an old timer, need my glasses I guess (if I wore any)
Discipline is pretty much a must , in Brian's comps . I like it ! :P

When you think about it , why shoot 3 Geese of 4500+ , when you need a 8500+ !? ;)
That's where discipline and strategies are needed .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Kyrstally
Outfitter

Post by Kyrstally »

DYEUZ wrote:
Kyrstally wrote:Might just stay away from bird ones. If I have a shot to take more than one bird, I'm going to. The Elk one looks fun. I'm an old timer, need my glasses I guess (if I wore any)
Discipline is pretty much a must , in Brian's comps . I like it ! :P

When you think about it , why shoot 3 Geese of 4500+ , when you need a 8500+ !? ;)
That's where discipline and strategies are needed .
Never thought of it that way and makes sense. I am on the site now, looking, and see nothing stating a one shot rule. No bother tho, I know now the hard way.
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Kyrstally wrote: Never thought of it that way and makes sense. I am on the site now, looking, and see nothing stating a one shot rule. No bother tho, I know now the hard way.
You are on page #15 of the comps thread . Go on page #1 and right under '' Rules of Engagements '' you see the first rule of '' one shot one kill '' requirement .
Not on UHC site , here , page #1 where the rules and announcement are made .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Kyrstally
Outfitter

Post by Kyrstally »

Ah ok. See, I would expect something like that to be on the page of the comp. I guess I'm a little old fashioned. When I join a comp one would expect to see the rules on the website, not the forums.
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DYEUZ wrote:
Kyrstally wrote: Never thought of it that way and makes sense. I am on the site now, looking, and see nothing stating a one shot rule. No bother tho, I know now the hard way.
You are on page #15 of the comps thread . Go on page #1 and right under '' Rules of Engagements '' you see the first rule of '' one shot one kill '' requirement .
Not on UHC site , here , page #1 where the rules and announcement are made .

Yep, 1s-1k has always been in my ROE (rules of Engagement), so it really isn't bogus, you just never read the rules on the first page. Thanks for pointing Kyrstally in the right direction, DYEUZ. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Kyrstally wrote:Ah ok. See, I would expect something like that to be on the page of the comp. I guess I'm a little old fashioned. When I join a comp one would expect to see the rules on the website, not the forums.
The UHC site is mostly to see the LB , to register and other related stuff about the comps and has other nice options for members . It will send you though , to the forum , where all the hosted comps usually are announced .
So, prioritise the forum for first reading and then if the comps suits you , go register at UHC .
Most hosted comps and all of Brian's comps , can be first seen in the '' Competitions '' thread / section.

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I feel your pain on the goose hunting- I have to "dumb down" my normal hunting to fit inside BC's small box of rules like 1 shot only 1 kill- I'm used to much better performance so I'm trying to sandbag the best I can :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Radamus wrote:I feel your pain on the goose hunting- I have to "dumb down" my normal hunting to fit inside BC's small box of rules like 1 shot only 1 kill- I'm used to much better performance so I'm trying to sandbag the best I can :lol:
Oh sure Len!!! :lol: :lol: I'll bet there are at least a dozen noobs here that believe that, and nine of them are still trying to figure out which weapon to use while the other three don't know which end to point at the goose!!! :lol: :lol: Sure!!! (tongue planted firmly in cheek.) ;)
Kyrstally
Outfitter

Post by Kyrstally »

LOL! I am far from a noob. Been around since the very beginning. I'll join comps, but maybe stay away from ones with birds. Tsk Tsk, sandbagging ;) Maybe use a slingshot? :P
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Kyrstally wrote:LOL! I am far from a noob. Been around since the very beginning. I'll join comps, but maybe stay away from ones with birds. Tsk Tsk, sandbagging ;) Maybe use a slingshot? :P
I didn't mean you Kyrstally, I meant the brand newbies who actually believe Len can shoot that well. It's ok though, he means no harm, he just likes to embellish his accomplishments a little. He once caught a 10 lb. Largemouth that was actually a 2 lb. Smallmouth, so.... :lol: :lol:

Return to “Competitions”