"Tusks, Feathers, and Fur 2019" by BCKidd.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: "Tusks, Feathers, and Fur 2019" by BCKidd.

Post by BCKidd »

VonStratos wrote:The airborne animals can be a hurdle to even experienced players, i remember years ago when i started to hunt pheasants, man i failed a lot and used to follow a pheasant from one area to another in a reserve to hunt it, find bird, spot it, prepare shot, flush, fail!, repeat... and now is one shot one kill. :D Yeah people who hasn't practiced a lot with those evil birds can have a hard time, i had a hard time and i hunt those birds commonly. ;)

Edit: I just noticed that the link to this thread is removed at this moment in the competition page in UHC.
Now that you point that out, I actually don't think there was a link :? from UHC site to this thread. Must've been an oversight. I see there is one there now though. I'll have to make sure that the Hemmeldal Hustle will have the url to the forum page listed before it starts. I don't think though that has much to do with lack of participation, I think your first points are though. Like they say, "when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'." Because, this is certainly not an easy comp by any means. Man, jus' wait 'til you all see what I have in store for the Bayou. :lol: :lol: :P :P Respect.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Let me guess, one of each duck, one shot, one kill!...plus the ground critters of course. :D

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

VonStratos wrote:Let me guess, one of each duck, one shot, one kill!...plus the ground critters of course. :D
:lol: :lol: Nope a lot worse than that. :P :P Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
AVC2013
Outfitter

Post by AVC2013 »

Entries of my last attempt has been submitted. Bad luck this time.
Screwed up 2 attempts by a bad shot and the rest was a one shot two hits.

Thanks for the great competition to David and BCKidd.
Good luck for everyone and congratulation to the winner candidates.

See you around.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Nice climb up the ladder AVC2013! I'm glad you had fun. This has been one of my most difficult challenges put forth to all of you. A lil' bit disappointed in the number of registered participators vs those that submitted scores. I thought for sure there would be more scores submitted. With a few days left, I'll wait and see if anyone else posts scores I guess. As it is now tho', I don't think there will be anyone else that does. So, for those of you that have, well done! ;) Respect.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well this has been a blast, a new kind of challenge with that airborne animals + the 1shot,1kill rule, and very exiting and hard hunts, now i just await the final results, good luck to everyone still in competition.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

VonStratos wrote:Well this has been a blast, a new kind of challenge with that airborne animals + the 1shot,1kill rule, and very exiting and hard hunts, now i just await the final results, good luck to everyone still in competition.
The fun and challenge was certainly there, I guess most didn't see it that way. Not many scores posted as said earlier, but, that is okay as long as those of you that did post a score had fun, then who cares 'bout the wussies who ran away with their tails between their legs... :P :P

I'm done with attempts now too. Looking forward to Hemmeldal Hustle: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=89864 ;) Respect.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
KingKong1
Scout

Post by KingKong1 »

My last attempt. Starts in the North and finds only traces of small wild boar, exactly as before. Looking forward ...... gab .... and spot a small bunch including a male on 910-1040. Fortunately, I have a tower close by, so I crawl up and call. Of course, the male goes unaffected and gone. Staying in the tower and waiting ....... finally a shot and bum. Wild boar on 957. I continue to the south, seeing some pheasants, but too small, and then theone of 25-28. It will be a difficult shot, but I'm pretty much shooting with hail. Flute .... wait .... and shoot. Pheasant of 25.7.
There was so much improvement on two animals. It's the last attempt, so it's not usable without a proper goose. Continuing toward my goose setup down in the south. Comes down into the area and sees a bunch of geese. Spotting them - nix. At the opposite corner are three other geese, spotted ........ one at 8300-9000. :o
Long time crawling and waiting ... up and getting them in the air. They suddenly flying fast ....... shot.... what ... a blame ... shot and it goes down.I know I'm done .... harvest ... two body shots ******. :twisted:
I turn around and imagine the host standing with a red apple on his head, aiming and shoot...... does not hit the apple and the shot counts as a miss. :roll: :mrgreen:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: KK ... frustrating numbers , but good story . Tough luck my friend and i thought i was the only one with these numbers !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

KingKong1 wrote:My last attempt. Starts in the North and finds only traces of small wild boar, exactly as before. Looking forward ...... gab .... and spot a small bunch including a male on 910-1040. Fortunately, I have a tower close by, so I crawl up and call. Of course, the male goes unaffected and gone. Staying in the tower and waiting ....... finally a shot and bum. Wild boar on 957. I continue to the south, seeing some pheasants, but too small, and then theone of 25-28. It will be a difficult shot, but I'm pretty much shooting with hail. Flute .... wait .... and shoot. Pheasant of 25.7.
There was so much improvement on two animals. It's the last attempt, so it's not usable without a proper goose. Continuing toward my goose setup down in the south. Comes down into the area and sees a bunch of geese. Spotting them - nix. At the opposite corner are three other geese, spotted ........ one at 8300-9000. :o
Long time crawling and waiting ... up and getting them in the air. They suddenly flying fast ....... shot.... what ... a blame ... shot and it goes down.I know I'm done .... harvest ... two body shots ******. :twisted:
I turn around and imagine the host standing with a red apple on his head, aiming and shoot...... does not hit the apple and the shot counts as a miss. :roll: :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: I'm sure you aren't the only one that feels that way. So, to all of you that have participated in my comps, would you agree that this one, is the most difficult to achieve with the 1s-1k Rule? I say it is, and from the number of submission by others I'd say they agree. ;) Respect.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”