"Tusks, Feathers, and Fur 2019" by BCKidd.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: "Tusks, Feathers, and Fur 2019" by BCKidd.

Post by DYEUZ »

VonStratos wrote:, but what is your experience having 3 feeders? the southern one do attract more boars than in the north?.
The bottom one , with the blind , has been there a very long time and it's where i have lots of Boars most of the time . It's right in the middle of the field , easy access to the blind and you can make a plan when you come up on the little divider hills in between fields , when you see them . You may shoot one right away if there is a big one or go to blind and wait and use xbow / bows .

Here is a pic of a while back , but i get this result often . Counted 20 that time .

The middle one is not that bad also . But you need to be more careful going on TS . There are lots of Boars also all around these fields .

The top one ( North ) is kinda new and i did not visit it that much . But the times i did , there was nice Hogs there also .

Why i have 3 feeders ? Simple . Only reserve with Boars vs. couple reserves for Hogs , so i made 3 setups for them . When in a comp made by TH or a hosted comp , it's nice to have 3 spots to go to . Makes it worth the time .

If you ever want to check them out , just tell me when you're free and we'll go . :P

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Thanks Dyeuz, i think i will try the southern field too, if the south is good for boars then that make the things better, that image looks as good as my hog feeder in Loggers, more than enough to me, and i agree that area allow good planing and many ways to get close to the area, personally i think approaching from the south is the better option because if some boars flee they will do towards north, to the open fields where visibility is good. Also i will put some more towers in the field to see from the distance what can i get before get close to the feeder and a TS or Blind, or both if i can. There is a lot of time to try the setups and come with tactics and practice, but for now i will take it easy. :D

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Don't believe a word DYEUZ is tellin' you about that field for boar. He's pullin' your leg, like you did with one of your set-ups, Von. Folks post those so others will think they are good spots, when all a long the poster was makin' things up. Well...it could be that way. :P :P :lol: :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Check my feeder in UHC setups -It's a huge filed you can see all the comers and goers - its good for a dozen to 15- always been good for me and you can run to the TS from the lodge about the time they are walking in - it is sometimes dangerous :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:Check my feeder in UHC setups -It's a huge filed you can see all the comers and goers - its good for a dozen to 15- always been good for me and you can run to the TS from the lodge about the time they are walking in - it is sometimes dangerous :lol:
Jus' another con I reckon. Everyone knows the feeders and bait barrels don't work. :P :P Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Oh i see, but i have seen boars in that area so i will start placing there the feeder, for the record i really put my feeder where i said in Loggers, i really do use that spot, nor rare to get over a dozen of hogs in the area attracted by the feeder, i dare to say i have seen maybe 20 around the area. ;)

I had a nice picture of the area with Hogs, but was deleted in my last cleaning of the gallery, still i found this one, it show the area where i had the feeder(removed atm) just some meters away from the tower, you can see the shadow of the feeder. 8-)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

BCKidd wrote:
Radamus wrote:Check my feeder in UHC setups -It's a huge filed you can see all the comers and goers - its good for a dozen to 15- always been good for me and you can run to the TS from the lodge about the time they are walking in - it is sometimes dangerous :lol:
Jus' another con I reckon. Everyone knows the feeders and bait barrels don't work. :P :P Peace.

BCKidd.
Oh yea, that's right, I forgot ~ Yep, don't work :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

This competition is now on the LB- enrollment can begin. Hope to see it flooded with names new and old! 8-) Peace.
BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Due to the change in EW's business model regarding theHunter Classic announced today https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=89901 Before this comp starts; Please make sure you review the ROE for any possible changes before start date. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

:arrow: BCK, if you make any changes would you please highlight them for us? Don't wish to miss anything. Thanks!

Return to “Competitions”