The Masters of the EHR - 2019 (Hosted by JimboCrow)

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: The Masters of the EHR - 2019 (Hosted by JimboCrow)

Post by VonStratos »

Look at the bright side, if you make a shot with the bow at 74mts and hit the animal is a sure kill and an eagle, no matter if is just a body shot, i still think i will use at least 2 shots in that hunt just to play it safe.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

VonStratos wrote:Look at the bright side, if you make a shot with the bow at 74mts and hit the animal is a sure kill and an eagle, no matter if is just a body shot, i still think i will use at least 2 shots in that hunt just to play it safe.
I will look at the realistic side .

First , the two required species are not '' urine scent '' attractable . So, means , that they do not stay in place very long . Just a few seconds and continue to roam .
Your '' target distance '' will be moving all the time .

Second , even if you have enough time to prepare your shot, if you miss completely , you could be in for a disastrous results .
This hole could make you or kill you .

In practice , it's makeable , because of having many shots at it , doesn't matter if you miss or not .
But when the comp starts , you only have one shot . ( if you want an Eagle that is )

We'll see ...

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

That is a good point, if i were to chose one target i would pick the goat, why?. Kangaroo make a up and down movement with the head when is static, that besides their shape make them harder to aim imo, i haven't tried to go bow hunting at any of those species, but i think i will need get a lot of practice before the competition begins.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

The Goats are not better imo. They trot a lot , which makes it very difficult to bow hunt .

It will be a good challenge for sure .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I gave the Par 3 third hole a try last night, but I was only practicing, defining my distances with the Red Dragon (Parker Python.) Once I had the 74m distance down using the 5-pin sight, I had no trouble taking a male roo that was eating his way across in front of me. So it can be done with a little preparation; but it is absolutely positively a "risk vs reward" type shot.

This is fairly realistic compared to very short Par 3's in golf. The green is often small and surrounded by water (I'm thinking of #12 at Augusta) so this shot is not all that far-fetched. I do, however, highly recommend practicing first. And even if the target is moving, you should still be within gimmie range when your arrow hits flesh and bone. Just don't miss.... :)

It's a one shot hole that anyone with a compound bow should be able to make with a certain amount of practice. Wind is not an issue on BRR, but weapon skill level will likely be a factor.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

JimboCrow wrote: I had no trouble taking a male roo that was eating his way across in front of me.
Was that an instant death shot / kill ?
Were they broadside ? Font ? Back ?

Tell us more !! ;) :lol:

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Actually it was the night before last, and I hit it in the arm, or leg or something. It ran for fifty kilometers but I got it. :) :lol:

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/jimb ... n/85533078
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

JimboCrow wrote:Actually it was the night before last, and I hit it in the arm, or leg or something. It ran for fifty kilometers but I got it. :) :lol:

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/jimb ... n/85533078
Ahah ! Cupid arrows !! :lol:
You would have made a 2 ( birdie ) on that hole .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Just had my first read through on the rules and yeah, I remember this one now, looking at the board I only managed 1 hole so I obviously failed immensely! :lol:
First thoughts I had was sympathy for Tod in coding for this one :lol: I assume he had the previous script to work from but wow! what a bunch twists and turns. I feel like I have to give this a good effort to show my appreciation for all the hard work to pull this one off.
I actually enjoy bow hunting the Roos - those goats can go drop dead, won't touch them unless it might make sense ot use them. There looks to be a hell of a lot of possible strategies to employ in working this one out.

Sorta Off Topic segment for me to celebrate:
Might I close with - What a fantastic Masters we had this year. As a lifetime fan of Tiger since he was in college and through his amateur stint, it was one of the most memorable and historic weekends in golf history. I happen to be one of those who never lost hope in Tiger as a golfer, he changed the game of golf for the better. Here's the irony of the impact on Golf Tiger has had - He was the first to outdrive the PGA courses and make everyone else look average at best. While he destroyed and demolished everyone on Sunday they began making the courses longer. Augusta is a good example, in 97' Tiger won his first Masters by 12 strokes. The course has been extended by 450 yards since then. The irony in this, on Sunday it was the shortest hole on the course that flipped for Tiger to take the lead all the way to the clubhouse :D the most surprising thing was maybe we witnessed the old "Tiger Effect" because in his prime, he crushed the opponents, especially the ones who he paired with on Sundays. Tiger is 55-4 when holding a share of the lead after 54. This effect caused players to beat themselves by demoralizing them while crowds roared for Tiger. Why I mention this is who he was playing this past weekend in an amazing Italian in Francesco Molinari. Molinari is a machine, he does not make mistakes. He plays cold as ice and when he is dialed in he wins. He also put Tiger away in last years Open Championship on Sunday. While I watched Molinari over the first 3 rounds it was easy to put guaranteed money on him for the green jacket. He had played the last 50 holes without a bogey - he racked up 2 bogeys and 2 double bogeys - I don't know if he's ever done that before so something happened, the "Tiger effect" maybe???. I think if Tiger was playing anyone else the outcome may have been different. I truly believe Molinari brought out the best in Tiger and with the crowds roaring the entire final round it became a legendary weekend of golf that will be remembered for generations.

OK, please forgive my ranting but it is after all related :D Now I'm looking forward to making Roo's squeak with a bow! ~ I laugh everytime I hit one with an arrow, it sounds like letting the air out of a balloon -
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Here's another perspective on what Tiger has just achieved. In terms of Official World Golf Rankings, he now sits at #6, up from #12 last week, and up from #1199 in Dec of 2017. But if you divide the actual number of points he has accumulated by the actual number of tournaments he has played in over the last two years, he is already #1 in the world.

Official World Golf Rankings work like this: To be ranked a player must have competed in a minimum of 40 sanctioned events over the last 24 months, OR have his total points averaged over the minimum number of events, rather than the actual number he has competed in.

So in Tiger's case, he is currently officially ranked #6 in the world because he has accumulated 309.47 points averaged over 40 events for 7.7368 points per event. However, he has only competed in 26 events over the last two years, so his actual average is 11.9027 points per event. Current #1, Dustin Johnson, has an average of 10.0114 points (470.54 total points averaged over the 47 events he has played in.)

So you see, in reality Tiger Woods is already #1 in the world! AGAIN!, after barely being able to tie his own shoes! AND after having undergone spinal fusion surgery only 24 months ago! AND at the age of 43, NOT 23!! Holy cow, that is flat out unbelievable. Just incredible. Just WOW! :shock:

#ComebackOfTheCentury

Return to “Competitions”