The Masters of the EHR - 2019 (Hosted by JimboCrow)

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Jimbo suggested we repeat the Masters comp from last year
I'm posting this early to get feedback on the rules, format, etc... Let me know if anything is confusing or contradictory.
With the Extended Render Range, the distances have changed.

Play 9 holes of Hunter Golf. Each hole (hunt) has a total distance, and each shot gets you that much closer.

Starts - May 20th 2019, 00:00 Europe/London
Ends - May 26th 2019, 23:59 Europe/London

General Description
Each hole is a hunt and will have a specific par & distance. Each shot you take is a "stroke".
The goal is to make shots and add (or subtract*) their distances until you are within 1.5m of the hole. (The hole is 3m in diameter) :D
Any remaining distance <= 1.5m is considered in the hole.
Any remaining distance <= 10m is a "Gimme". It will count one extra stroke & you can continue to the next hole.
* If your total distance is > 10m past the hole (greater then the target distance), the next shot will be subtracted from the current total.
The total number of shots in the hunt, plus any gimme's and penalties is your hole score.
The total of all 9 holes is your round score. Lowest score wins.
A Tie in strokes will be sorted by lowest # of putts (bow shots + gimmies).
Remaining ties will split the applicable portion of the purse. (A 2 way tie for 1st will split the 1st & 2nd place prizes. Each getting 2500 em$)

You only get 1 chance at each hole / hunt**. Once you start your first hunt (after the comp starts & you enroll), you are playing the 1st hole.
Your 2nd hunt is playing the 2nd hole.
You can shoot at any permitted animal you want. Score, gender doesn't matter. But every time you pull the trigger, it counts as a stroke!
**There will be 2 "Mulligan" holes (hunts). So you have 11 attempts to complete 9 holes. Don't submit the Mulligan holes.
You have 9 Submissions, 1 per hole.

Rules and Conditions (Changes from last year in blue)

Species: Red Kangaroo, Feral Goat
Reserves: Bushranger's Run
Weapons: Any permitted Rifle, Handgun or Bow (No Crossbows)
Scoring: Total Number of shots, lowest score wins.
Special Requirements:
  • Min Shot Distance: Each weapon type can only be used if the remaining distance to the hole (target distance) is greater than it's minimum distance.
    • Wood: Rifle (> 200 m)
      Iron: Handgun (> 75m)
      Putter: Bow (Any distance)
      Example: The hole distance is 685m. You make two 320m shots for a total of 640. You have 45m remaining. You can only use a bow.
      Example: The hole distance is 685m. You make two 300m shots for a total of 600. You have 85m remaining. You can use a handgun or bow.
      NOTE: Weapon requirement is based on remaining distance to the hole. If you have 210m remaining, and use a rifle & make a 140m shot, that's OK.
    PENALTIES
    • 1 Shot Kills. (No positioning yourself for a 2nd shot on a wounded animal)
      • Animals shot more than once will count stroke + distance penalty. Both shots will count as a strokes, and neither distance will not count toward your hole.
        If an animal doesn't die, it's better to just leave it lie & try that shot again.
    • Animals killed with an unethical (not permitted) weapon will count stroke + distance penalty.
    • Unpermitted animals (Fox, Hog, Rabbit) will count stroke + distance penalty.
    • Wrong weapon based on the distances above is a 1 stroke penalty.
    • No Bait. Make sure your bait sites are empty/inactive so no animals can become "baited". A baited animal is a 1 stroke penalty.
    • No sleeping animals. A sleeping animal is a 1 stroke penalty.
  • Missed shots, or hits that don't result in a harvest count as strokes.
  • Failure to "Hole Out." The maximum score for any hole will be 10. If you fail to get within 10m of the target distance, your score for that hole will be 10.
Hunt Requirements:
  • Hunts must begin after the comp starts and after you enroll, and end before the comp ends.
  • Spawnmashing / Sandbagging rules don't apply here. No minimum hunt duration or time to submit limitations.
  • Your last hunt must be submitted no more than 90 minutes after the competition ends
  • Attempts: 11 (1 attempt per hole, and 2 "Mulligan" attempts)
    • Any hunt on BRR after the start of the comp, and after you enroll will count as an attempt.
      Any hunt under 1 minute will not count as an attempt.
  • Submissions: 9 (1 submission per hole) (You must submit all 9 hunts for a valid score)
  • SP only

Scorecard - holes, par, distances

Registration - REGISTER HERE - (Registration will open soon, after testing)
Registration is required prior to beginning a hunt from which scores are submitted. Participants can register right up until the end of the competition.

Scoresheet - SCORESHEET HERE
Participants must submit their competition entries using the scoresheet.

Leaderboard - LIVE LEADERBOARD HERE
The leaderboards for this competition will be updated in real time. Please use the link above to keep track of the competition.

Prizes
The prizes for this competition are as follows:

1st Place: 3,000 em$
2nd Place: 2,000 em$
3rd Place: 1,000 em$

Trophies
I'm thinking green jackets with BRR logo.
Image Image Image
Questions?
Please feel free to ask on this forum thread, or send me a private message.

Errors & Bugs
If you find an error in this thread, or a bug with the competition system, please send me a private message.

Conditions
I reserve the right to modify the rules and terms of this competition at any time between the date and time of this post, and the start of the competition. I also reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time.
UHC and competition hosts reserve the right to disqualify any participant at their discretion for any reason, including but not limited to: cheating, unsportsmanlike conduct, harassment, et. al.
Discrepancies & ambiguities in the rules or scoring site will be addressed by UHC or the competition host as expediently as possible.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: The Masters of the EHR - 2019 (Hosted by JimboCrow)

Post by Tod1d »

Here's a cheatsheet / scorecard to do the math...

And an example...

Enter the distance for each shot, the subtract from the distance above to get remaining distance.
If the remaining distance is <= 1.5, Count the shots & enter at the bottom.
If the remaining distance is > 1.5, but <= 10, count the shots & add 1 (gimme).

If you'd rather use it in Excel, here's the spreadsheet (http://uhcapps.co.uk/whiteout/masters-2 ... ecard.xlsx)

Enter your shot distances in the white cells, and it will do the math & count shots for you.
NOTE: this doesn't count penalties, it will just help you achieve the correct distance & know when to stop shooting.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Right on! :shock: And Jimbo is hostin' it?! I got hosed the last time on this one. Cool to see it returning. Thanks for hosting it Jimbo! 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Thx Jimbo for doing this . ;) :P
Let me know if anything is confusing or contradictory.
Suggestions :

- Changing the symbols '' <= '' for the words '' less than / more than '' . Could be less confusing for the people not familiar with them .
The goal is to make shots and add (or subtract*) their distances until you are within 1.5m under or above the hole .
- Addition of word in red .

Can't seem to get the scoresheet yet . Sends me to , file not found 404 error .
Will this work if i make the changes for the distances on last year's scoresheet ?

thx

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Count me in too, i dont know anything about golf rules, but it seem like is clear enough and challenging enough to give it a shot, i wonder in what sand trap will end my bullets and how many points i score for that. :D

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

VonStratos wrote:Count me in too, i dont know anything about golf rules, but it seem like is clear enough and challenging enough to give it a shot, i wonder in what sand trap will end my bullets and how many points i score for that. :D
:lol: Sand bunkers and water hazards !!! :lol:
It's a fun comp, you'll see . Makes you think and calculate before doing anything . Long shots , short shots , they all need to be thought before .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Only thing I don't get about golf... is all of it. Mulligan's and Gimme's, likely why I sucked the last time in this comp. So, you aren't alone Von. But as D says, it was fun, even if I couldn't make heads or tails outta it! Shoot and hope for the best. The less Par(s) to finish your hole is the main thing I think. Clarification on that would be good. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

BCKidd wrote:Only thing I don't get about golf... is all of it. Mulligan's and Gimme's, likely why I sucked the last time in this comp. So, you aren't alone Von. But as D says, it was fun, even if I couldn't make heads or tails outta it! Shoot and hope for the best. The less Par(s) to finish your hole is the main thing I think. Clarification on that would be good. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
You will have to get '' birdies '' ( 1 under the normal number ) or even '' Eagles '' ( 2 below normal number )
When i say '' normal '' i mean the numbers in the orange like row .The pars .

Always try to do the holes 1 shot lest , at least , to have any chances . Some really tough competitors we had last year .
Last year's winner , Sebus , had -13 for 9 holes !!

With the distances being bigger / longer this year , it could be a bit different though .

Last year's LB : https://www.uhcapps.co.uk/whiteout/mast ... rboard.php
Last edited by DYEUZ on April 10th, 2019, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DYEUZ wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Only thing I don't get about golf... is all of it. Mulligan's and Gimme's, likely why I sucked the last time in this comp. So, you aren't alone Von. But as D says, it was fun, even if I couldn't make heads or tails outta it! Shoot and hope for the best. The less Par(s) to finish your hole is the main thing I think. Clarification on that would be good. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
You will have to get '' birdies '' ( 1 under the normal number ) or even '' Eagles '' ( 2 below normal number )
When i say '' normal '' i mean the numbers in the orange like row .The pars .
I would suggest you try to find the results from last year's Master comp , on UHC .

Always try to do the holes 1 shot lest , at least , to have any chances . Some really tough competitors we had last year .
Last year's winner , Sebus , had -13 !!

With the extended distances this year , it could be a bit different though .
So, first Par is 4- which means I need to do it in under 4 shots to make any headway? The distance is 640 m, I could do that in say three shots or less, less would be better- correct? The total Par(s) are 36 so to get on the LB with a strong position we need to finish this comp under 36 shots? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

BCKidd wrote:
So, first Par is 4- which means I need to do it in under 4 shots to make any headway? The distance is 640 m, I could do that in say three shots or less, less would be better- correct? The total Par(s) are 36 so to get on the LB with a strong position we need to finish this comp under 36 shots? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Correct , less is better . BUT , You will need more than just finishing under 36 . If you look at the LB from last year , Sebus was at 23 (-13) . So i would say at least get -12 which would mean 24 shots or less .
i.e. The par 3 , you will need to get it in 1 , imo . Top 5 guys did last year .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Competitions”