"Redeyed in Redfeather Falls" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Mysen
Scout

Re: "Redeyed in Redfeather Falls" by BCKidd

Post by Mysen »

For rule #2, if a change really is needed i would prefer something like DYEUZ suggested.
Maybe a slight modification of the 30mins rule : All hunts , in the said reserve must be 30mins or more even in MP , BUT, the ones in MP would not count as an attempt . So , one wants to go in MP in that reserve , well , make it 30mins or more and you'll be fine .
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Thank you all for the good POV regarding feedback about that # 1 RUle I was considering. As said in a previous post- that rule is out the window, it will not be applied. I'm still considering a change to the MP hunts tho', and the feedback on the is good as well, again, it may never change, but I wanted to bring it to all of your attention. So rule 1 is nullified- it won't happen.

Also thanks for the kudos on another awesome comp. I appreciate all of your dedications to these comps and your honesty, that is for sure. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Mysen wrote:For rule #2, if a change really is needed i would prefer something like DYEUZ suggested.
Maybe a slight modification of the 30mins rule : All hunts , in the said reserve must be 30mins or more even in MP , BUT, the ones in MP would not count as an attempt . So , one wants to go in MP in that reserve , well , make it 30mins or more and you'll be fine .
I think if I were to change the MP rule in my ROE's it would be like this- "All MP hunts must be 30 mins in game time- anything greater then 2 mins and less then 30 mins counts as an attempt." (also solves the issue of short hunts in a persons hunt history). How would that sit? I don't even know if that could be set-up or not, but if it could be, it might be a solution. :? ;) Respect.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

BCKidd wrote: How would that sit?
Hmmm, looks ok to me . Good compromise and is not to limitating .

15 real mins / 30 inG minutes . Gives you a nice window to work the map . Not too long .

You can go help a friend in a mission or else .Takes more than 15 real minutes usually , so no problems there .

Joining a THc can be done also . Takes more than 15 minutes also to find a good animal . If someone wants to make short hunts for them THcs , well they just need to make them 15mins + , to avoid a use of an attempt . Which i think is fair and easy to do .

It would not prevent anyone to take part in major / special events either .

I still , would prefer no rule changes though .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

BCKidd wrote:
Mysen wrote:For rule #2, if a change really is needed i would prefer something like DYEUZ suggested.
I think if I were to change the MP rule in my ROE's it would be like this- "All MP hunts must be 30 mins in game time- anything greater then 2 mins and less then 30 mins counts as an attempt." (also solves the issue of short hunts in a persons hunt history). How would that sit? I don't even know if that could be set-up or not, but if it could be, it might be a solution. :? ;) Respect.

BCKidd.
I dont do MP usually, but in my experience sp or mp to go in a reserve to make changes in a setup, placing and removing feeders, towers, ts, etc, can take 30 or more minutes so this is a good compromise in the rule to me, one of the thing that got me worried is the possibility like Dyeuz mentioned, of EW making an event in the same reserve at same time, it would make hard to participate in birth if mp hunts are considered always an attempt, but with this proposed modification, both things can be done. Also i agree with others before me, reading and following the 30mins rule and every other rule is responsibility of us as competitors, we have the duty of to read and understand what we can do and what we cannot, and to know the consequences. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

BCKidd wrote:
I think if I were to change the MP rule in my ROE's it would be like this- "All MP hunts must be 30 mins in game time-anything greater then 2 mins and less then 30 mins counts as an attempt." (also solves the issue of short hunts in a persons hunt history). How would that sit? I don't even know if that could be set-up or not, but if it could be, it might be a solution. :? ;) Respect.

BCKidd.
DYEUZ wrote:
BCKidd wrote: How would that sit?
Hmmm, looks ok to me . Good compromise and is not to limitating .

15 real mins / 30 inG minutes . Gives you a nice window to work the map . Not too long .

You can go help a friend in a mission or else .Takes more than 15 real minutes usually , so no problems there .

Joining a THc can be done also . Takes more than 15 minutes also to find a good animal . If someone wants to make short hunts for them THcs , well they just need to make them 15mins + , to avoid a use of an attempt . Which i think is fair and easy to do .

It would not prevent anyone to take part in major / special events either .

I still , would prefer no rule changes though .
I see tho' I miss represented that rule- it should be 30 mins real time. The same amount of time required for a competition hunt. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

BCKidd wrote:
I see tho' I miss represented that rule- it should be 30 mins real time. The same amount of time required for a competition hunt. ;)

Ohh ! Then my thumbs up is removed !! :lol: :lol:
My original comments then prevail again . ;)

...That 15min inG for me was a good solution though . Don't know about opinions of others on that .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DYEUZ wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
I see tho' I miss represented that rule- it should be 30 mins real time. The same amount of time required for a competition hunt. ;)

Ohh ! Then my thumbs up is removed !! :lol: :lol:
My original comments then prevail again . ;)

...That 15min inG for me was a good solution though . Don't know about opinions of others on that .
Well you'll be glad to know, after talking with Tod, there is a bunch of extra work to coding, so it might not be implemented either. ;) :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”