Mountain Hunter

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Re: Mountain Hunter

Post by curlyCoyote »

DYEUZ wrote:
curlyCoyote wrote: Also does anyone know what weapons can get you 100 HV on dall sheep? Because I tried using 7mm but I think its a little too big for them.
I used the 30-06 and got 100% on all except one of 8 harvested . The farthest was 220m . The fail was 92% a skull shot .
Thanks for the tip, I just tested it, 7mm gives you 100% HV on dall sheep.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Just got a 184 scoring dall sheep, I still have 3 hours to hunt hoping for a 200+
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Well, I now have to go on my vacation, this was a very fun comp. Thank you for hosting it. I learned a lot about goat hunting and how much I hate dall sheep. I'm probably not going to stay first for long, HAKA will get a bigger ibex and bighorn soon and I will probably get 3rd or maybe 2nd. Really sad that I couldn't get a 190+ dall sheep, been hunting for one all morning and afternoon. This is the last post from me for an entire week. Good luck to HAKA, hope you win this comp man, you really deserve it.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

curlyCoyote wrote:Well someone now has a 251 scoring feral goat, I am certainly very surprised.
Also does anyone know what weapons can get you 100 HV on dall sheep? Because I tried using 7mm but I think its a little too big for them.

I used a .300 from around 75 mts, maybe the angle helped because it hit the spine, but the .243 should be fine, just dont shoot from too far so and aim at double lunges, or the .270 too.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vonh ... /641619392

Edit: in my last hunt in VdB i was having no luck at finding goats when finally i spotted this male around 260 mts away, i didn't think twice and put a long shot on it, my best of this season until now, also got a couple of ptarmigans as bonus.
Score: 254.113

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Yarrymasa
Spotter

Post by Yarrymasa »

Viva...

Well my particiption is over - My objective was fulfilled- hunt all the animals and put them in the leaderboard... It will be like a win to me if I can managed to finish between place 10 and place 15 :lol:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Congrats to the winner! This was a nice laid back comp, and I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for hosting Ze! ;) Respect.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Yarrymasa
Spotter

Post by Yarrymasa »

Viva...

Congratulations to the winner, and many THANKS to those who planned, organised, hosted and sponsored the competition.
I fulfilled my personal objectives - finishing the comp and in the first fifteen!! Not very ambitious I know, but hey, I new to this thing of competitions... :lol:

Looking forward to the new challenge. See you in RFF!!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Thank you Ze_pikenu for another nice competition, i dont go often after goats but your competition made fun to go to the high grounds to search for them, congratulation to the winners and other participants too.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Competitions”