Here is a twist on comp Q's

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Re: Here is a twist on comp Q's

Post by DeadClopz »

curlyCoyote wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Why are all the EW Canada Goose comps MP? :x Peace.

BCKidd.
I think it because some people don't buy goose/duck hunting setups, so they want to borrow them on their friend's servers, at least that's how I envision it. Full goose spread is not that cheap I think, its around 50 dollars I think, i personally wound not spend 50 dollars to be able to have a slight chance at winning a comp.
If you get pieces here and there when on sale, it's about $20.

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

BCKidd wrote:I wouldn't spend that kind of money to hunt Geese either. I have learned I really don't need any spreads whatsoever. I hunt them with one Sentry, the two callers, and ground blind. That is all one needs to hunt Geese. There are those of course that'll spend big bucks to hunt them. You really don't need all the bells and whistles. Hardcore Goose hunters tho' are certainly gonna pay the big bucks, for what reasons I really don't know. Seems unjustifiable to me, especially since you don't really need to.
I agree that waterfowl hunting in Classic can be very expensive, especially if you want to hunt geese and ducks. But there are benefits to having a full spread. The probability of geese and ducks breaking with a full spread is significantly higher than with just one decoy. They're not just for show or for people that are happy to spend more. They do serve a function, and if people got the same results with just one decoy Expansive Worlds would have been bombarded with complaints and requests for refunds. That's not to say you need a full spread to enjoy waterfowl hunting but it certainly increases the return.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I would like the Canada Geese comps were mp and sp, Hirsh is a reserve with a good share of animals to hunt for other competition like Roe, Red deer, Pheasant and Wild Boars, and all of them roam in the areas where the Geese setups are usually placed, but if you want to get one of them for competitions then you cant use the same hunt with a Geese competition, and if you go after Geese for a competition and you spot a good animal it wont count, because the others are sp competition and that can be frustrating. I dont like how it forces to pick between geese or the rest when it comes to competitions, with ducks is more simple because the same animals you can find in RB you can hunt them and more easily in other reserves so is an easy reserve to just use for waterfowling, but Hirshfelden is different.

I have a basic setup for geese, i got it before than ducks because i wanted test how was the gameplay of waterfoling style, but geese seems easier than ducks, however after i got my duck setup i barely payed attention to the geese, if i hit Hirsh is to hunt other animals, besides i noticed than compared to ducks it feels more slow, and feels like there are less geese flying compared to ducks. Still even if i agree is an expensive investment i must say it worth it imho, is really fun do some waterfowling, specially if you like shotguns.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

caledonianblues wrote:
BCKidd wrote:I wouldn't spend that kind of money to hunt Geese either. I have learned I really don't need any spreads whatsoever. I hunt them with one Sentry, the two callers, and ground blind. That is all one needs to hunt Geese. There are those of course that'll spend big bucks to hunt them. You really don't need all the bells and whistles. Hardcore Goose hunters tho' are certainly gonna pay the big bucks, for what reasons I really don't know. Seems unjustifiable to me, especially since you don't really need to.
I agree that waterfowl hunting in Classic can be very expensive, especially if you want to hunt geese and ducks. But there are benefits to having a full spread. The probability of geese and ducks breaking with a full spread is significantly higher than with just one decoy. They're not just for show or for people that are happy to spend more. They do serve a function, and if people got the same results with just one decoy Expansive Worlds would have been bombarded with complaints and requests for refunds. That's not to say you need a full spread to enjoy waterfowl hunting but it certainly increases the return.
I suppose so, if you're going out to shoot a couple 100 at a time. I don't play it that way tho', and I'm sure there are others too. That is why those that don't want to go out and shoot 100+ don't need the full spread- or even have to fork out a ton of Goose bill$. With what I have for Goose huntin' is certainly efficient for those that only want to compete in a few of the comps. I think with what I have I could pull off a couple wins... if only they weren't all in MP. This thread is kind of a twist to what a lot of folks c'mplain about. Like "why are the comps all in SP". :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Competitions”