My thoughts about competitions

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: My thoughts about competitions

Post by caledonianblues »

I don't think the developers consider the long range competitions to be problematic. Some players enjoy them, and they represent a different format to those based on score or weight. I have no interest in them myself, but they've been around for a long time and if they get people playing the game and buying tents and camping supplies, then I see no reason to change anything. There's always room for improvement in the form of new, varied competitions, but changing or removing something that is enjoyed by players, even if in small numbers, is never a good idea.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: My thoughts about competitions

Post by HooCairs »

Reading the OP it sounds like there used to be a lot more high score / high weight competitions per animal, but that is not the case. The ratio between score/weight and other comps is the same as 8 years ago. EW have repeated their pattern for almost all animals. There is always one score comp (Starter/Intermediate/Elite), one weight comp (heaviest 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 animals), one mass kill and maybe one long distance comp. Then the rest a combination of different things, often requesting certain weapons, stands, etc. but still highest score for the most part. The only thing they have added is the harvest value requirement, but overall it is very similar. Look at animal "0", the Whitetail Deer. Only one single comp just asking for highest score.

And even if it was different now, you could just hunt the animals from 8 years ago, right? Their comps have practically not changed. I can only think of four changes, all of them being changed to a score comp if memory serves me right.
- 3 heaviest blacktail deer does (Jane Doe)
- heaviest whitetail deer doe (Lady in White)
- closest shot on coyote (Coyote Stalker)
- turkey airshot (Riders in the Sky)

I can imagine you are not happy with the selection of competitions, but the reason is not that EW would have changed their approach. 8, no wait, 10! years been the same. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”