"The Unsettled 2019" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: "The Unsettled 2019" by BCKidd

Post by Radamus »

BCKidd wrote::arrow: Bear, that is too bad about that elk. Sorry you couldn't have finished. Next time! ;) Peace.

:arrow: Jimbo, indeed very nice bear. I have one attempt left, and will use it once I see Rad on the LB. He's been pretty quite 'round here, since his :P 2nd attempt. Prbly had to cool down for a couple of days, he ain't had much luck. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
G'day mates! Well, I'm over a small fit of smashing things and can converse without being banned as I've had a decent day at work - So, How was your weekend BC? - don't bother I don't really care for the moment I'm imaging driving over you with my truck for putting my through this misery - but I can share a bit about mine- I'm not happy with myself one bit because I've made 3 jumbo mistakes, all of which I've preached about relentlessly and now a victim of my own doing - So, I mentioned the body shot on a bear that I didn't need - but now, I've put a bullet in the dirt by coming out of my TS gun drawn - I still haven't figured that one out other than hunt over - Then, I'm in a TS yesterday evening have some turkey going to a decoy I put out- of course the biggest turkey is last, 60-75, he comes right to where I can't aim at him and he's looking up at me I think he's going to run so I come around the tree as much as possible before my player gets the clipping jitters right? come around, I got head, neck, need just a wee bit more body and there "BANG" let the arrow fly....just as I start clipping with the tree -.... Xbow pistol bolt in the dirt..... 8.9 cat down the tube - So, I got 2 shots left - I'm not confident, but is what it is. I've seriously considered the possibility I may not make it... but I won't give up. I want to go right now! but I can't afford to lose another one. I'm finding elk hard to find which is strange, I never had a problem finding elk before like this so I'm blaming the cats. And a tip, I think? I've had a turkey decoy out and it seems the bobcat is spooking from that- does that make sense to anyone? I'm in a tree, scent elim, decoy 25m away from me had a cat coming to where I sprayed cat scent, not far from the decoy and he took off every time~ It seems he's afraid of a plastic animal he normally would eat.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Radamus wrote:G'day mates! Well, I'm over a small fit of smashing things and can converse without being banned as I've had a decent day at work - So, How was your weekend BC? - don't bother I don't really care for the moment I'm imaging driving over you with my truck for putting my through this misery - but I can share a bit about mine- I'm not happy with myself one bit because I've made 3 jumbo mistakes, all of which I've preached about relentlessly and now a victim of my own doing - So, I mentioned the body shot on a bear that I didn't need - but now, I've put a bullet in the dirt by coming out of my TS gun drawn - I still haven't figured that one out other than hunt over - Then, I'm in a TS yesterday evening have some turkey going to a decoy I put out- of course the biggest turkey is last, 60-75, he comes right to where I can't aim at him and he's looking up at me I think he's going to run so I come around the tree as much as possible before my player gets the clipping jitters right? come around, I got head, neck, need just a wee bit more body and there "BANG" let the arrow fly....just as I start clipping with the tree -.... Xbow pistol bolt in the dirt..... 8.9 cat down the tube - So, I got 2 shots left - I'm not confident, but is what it is. I've seriously considered the possibility I may not make it... but I won't give up. I want to go right now! but I can't afford to lose another one. I'm finding elk hard to find which is strange, I never had a problem finding elk before like this so I'm blaming the cats. And a tip, I think? I've had a turkey decoy out and it seems the bobcat is spooking from that- does that make sense to anyone? I'm in a tree, scent elim, decoy 25m away from me had a cat coming to where I sprayed cat scent, not far from the decoy and he took off every time~ It seems he's afraid of a plastic animal he normally would eat.
TL;DR - Radamus is shite at hunting.
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

I hate those too close to the treestand "Jitters"...
seems to spook everything - but I would guess that doing the funky chicken in your treestand would spook just about anything in real life...
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Jimbo ... Yep ! Very nice Bear , grats .

Well, my comp is over . I am very disappointed in my results . I did my best with what the game gave me , which is pretty bad spawns and when you fail 3 attempts out of 5 , you need luck to compensate .

This is by far , for me , the toughest comp of this series yet . Mainly because of the weapons needed for the said species . We always , most of us , go out with over powered rifle , when we do normal hunts . So no big deal , it should kill it ! But not this comp !

Good luck to the rest of you with attempts remaining . See you in RFF .
Thx to Brian /David /Tod for a great comp .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Excellent bear Jimbo!

I've just completed attempt 3. None of the cats I saw would have beat the one I already have on the board... of the 10 bull elk I spotted the largest scored a max of 225... didn't bother too much with the turkeys since there's not a lot of room for improvement on that score and the bears... they make me angry. Had a few okay boars this go, nothing special but couldn't drop them to save my life. Decided to try a new strategy on the last one and I think I might have a new game plan for tomorrow because of it. I salvaged my six hour attempt by making changes to a few of my setups . You'll all be in trouble tomorrow, especially if these spawns start giving me something better than stick-headed elk again.

Well done to those of you who have been able to get scores on the board, big animals or not. This comp sure doesn't make it easy for anybody. And for those that couldn't quite cut it, hopefully you've learned some of the discipline these BC comps require and can climb to the top of the leaderboard on the next go around. These challenges certainly aren't for the faint-hearted. ;)
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

Just finished my last attempt and submitted it.
Although i only managed to improve my score for both turkey and bobcat, the scoresheet apart from submitting these two better ones, it also wrongfully submitted a new lower scoring bear, than the previous one i had submitted in a previous hunt.
Resulting not only not showing my new better total score which should be around 315.783 but a lower one, even from my previous total score before submitting my last hunt. :o
My total score before submitting my last hunt was 304.517 and now, after submitting the last one my total score is 301.555. :?
My old better scoring bear which was wrongfully erased from the leaderboard is https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/lamp ... /641287476
The new lower scoring bear which erased the old better one is https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/lamp ... /641394602.
Hope that helps and it'll be corrected soon enough to give me the opportunity to have a chance to claim the Half-Time Bonus. :)
Thank you guys
Peace.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Lamphunter wrote: it also wrongfully submitted a new lower scoring bear, than the previous one i had submitted in a previous hunt.
I can confirm UHC will accept lower scoring bears on subsequent attempts. I decided to try submitting my hunt today after it ended just to double-check that I wasn't mathing wrong and none of my animals from the new hunt were actually better then anything I had in the leaderboard, and it wanted to accept my new lower scoring (even after the score x hv math) bear. As this would have just lowered my score, I didn't actually submit it. But UHC is allowing it.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Tod's probably going to fix this issue once he reads your posts. But everyone with a bear on the leaderboard should check whether it's really his/her biggest bear.

So that's why I left the bear for the last attempts. :P (Not that I'd seen many worth shooting - just one and of course I hit its intestines).
Image Image Image
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

xOEDragonx wrote:
Lamphunter wrote: it also wrongfully submitted a new lower scoring bear, than the previous one i had submitted in a previous hunt.
I can confirm UHC will accept lower scoring bears on subsequent attempts. I decided to try submitting my hunt today after it ended just to double-check that I wasn't mathing wrong and none of my animals from the new hunt were actually better then anything I had in the leaderboard, and it wanted to accept my new lower scoring (even after the score x hv math) bear. As this would have just lowered my score, I didn't actually submit it. But UHC is allowing it.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, that shouldn't be happening. I will PM, Tod. I'm sure he will correct that problem. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:
BCKidd wrote::arrow: Bear, that is too bad about that elk. Sorry you couldn't have finished. Next time! ;) Peace.

:arrow: Jimbo, indeed very nice bear. I have one attempt left, and will use it once I see Rad on the LB. He's been pretty quite 'round here, since his :P 2nd attempt. Prbly had to cool down for a couple of days, he ain't had much luck. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
So, How was your weekend BC? - don't bother I don't really care for the moment I'm imaging driving over you with my truck for putting my through this misery -
:lol: :lol: It has been an awesome week-end, Rad. Thanx for asking. :P :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Competitions”