"The Unsettled 2019" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Lamphunter
Hunter

Re: "The Unsettled 2019" by BCKidd

Post by Lamphunter »

Wow xOEDragonx what an awesome cat you've got there. Great hunt. Well done! :)
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Got this pitiful NT while upgrading my Turkey. Hearing footsteps BCK??? :lol:

What the hell kind of a one-horned wonder is that? :oops: :D
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

10 things I learned during this Competition:

#1) The .45 Long Colt is a complete waste of $6.00 - I'll never use it again! Darn cool trophy... made me buy it.
#2) Just because the blood reads 6-22% health on the huntermate, DOES NOT mean you won't track the animal half way across the map.
#3) Just because your Scent Hound is lvl 41, does not mean it will find the animal
#4) Bear Barrels ROCK!
#5) Just because you put 50 units of corn into a barrel, does not mean ANY deer or elk will eat it - weird huh?
#6) Hunting from the Barn is FUN! Critters come IN the barn when called! Bears will come in if headed for the barrel from the other side! I was killed by a bear INSIDE the barn...
#7) No matter how well you like your Hound... make him "stay" as far away from the Barn as possible. You CANNOT sneak into the barn with the dog without spooking everything!
#8) Bears take a VERY long time to come back to the barrel - even if you use a bow... Let alone when you crack off a .45...
#9) The .357 completely destroys a turkey's Harvest Value... duh...
#10) Even though this Comp was nerve racking... I still LOVE The Hunter!
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

BCKidd wrote:The next comp ain't gonna be for no momma boyz and gulrz either. It'll be right up there with this one, at least I hope it'll be.
Yes, for a change...
We know, that because you know we're addicted to your comps, you really enjoy torturing us man and have fun watching us suffer. I'm shocked :D
Last edited by Lamphunter on March 20th, 2019, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Lamphunter wrote:
BCKidd wrote:The next comp ain't gonna be for no momma boyz and gulrz either. It'll be right up there with this one, at least I hope it'll be.
Yes, for a change...
We know that because you know we're addicted to your comps, you really enjoy torturing us man and have fun watching us suffer. I'm shocked :D
:lol: The truth !

Q : Is there a reason why we see lots of .45 bonus icons for many of us on the LB ? I have one ( an icon ) and surely did not kill anything with the .45 .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Where I am is where I'm gonna be on the final leaderboard. Yesterday's attempt #5 wasn't a bad one. It took until nearly the end of that attempt to find out where all the cats call home on Settler Creeks. The one I ended up with is a new PB and comes in somewhere on the leaderboard, so I'm a happy camper.

I had a couple opportunities to better my bear but managed to make all those magical body and intestine shots right through the chest so they were all 0 HV. I might have snuck right past W1nchester96 on the leaderboard if the 359 elk I found had actually dropped on the spot instead of running 10m with a lung shot... dropped him to 90% HV and made him score less then the smaller guy I already had. If I had just surrendered trying to get the .45 bonus and taken all my attempt 5 shots with the .44 magnum, first place would have been mine again for a short while. But alas, it wasn't meant to be.

This was an absolutely fun challenge and I'm glad I decided to get in on it. It's been a long time since I've invested so much effort into a few hunts and it was like a breath of fresh air for me. I'll gladly settle for the half-time bonus and two new PB animals as I don't expect to stay anywhere near the top of that leaderboard with several days left in the competition and several great players with attempts remaining. I mean... Len still has at least one attempt left so I'm quivering with fear over here...

Thank you BC for another great challenge. I agree with the above, you've got these guys addicted and I'm feeling it too. I look forward to seeing what challenges you present to us in RFF. Thanks to David for making those awesome trophies, I'll be upset to walk away without one but that just means I'll have to try harder next time. A major thanks to Tod and David for keeping the UHC site up and running for these comps and of course, a generous thank you to those offering the bonus prizes.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

We have reached the Half-Time Bonus! The winners are:
W1nchester
XoeDragonx
HaruoRhs
Congratulations! Your EM$ Gift-Codes are on their way! Check your PMs. 8-) Respectfully.
BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

So, I got a Pm from a friend who suggested that, for the Hemmeldal Reserve to keep it for the last comp in this series, as it'll be close to Christmas. Initially I was going to do them in order from left to right. But wanted to know what you all thought about the "Hemmeldal Hustle" to be the last instead on Picca Bean? What do you all think? :) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Hemmeldal in December sounds good. Red-nosed reindeer bonus. And liquorice guns of course - David is going to puke! :lol:

But remember not to do TGT during Halloween!
Image Image Image
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Make sense if we consider it as part of a Christmas themed competition, but its up to you as host to decide... just i hope you dont add flying ptarmigans with a .22 pistol at min range of 80meters or something like that :D

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Competitions”