"The Unsettled 2019" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Lamphunter
Hunter

Re: "The Unsettled 2019" by BCKidd

Post by Lamphunter »

BCKidd wrote:So, I got a Pm from a friend who suggested that, for the Hemmeldal Reserve to keep it for the last comp in this series, as it'll be close to Christmas. Initially I was going to do them in order from left to right. But wanted to know what you all thought about the "Hemmeldal Hustle" to be the last instead on Picca Bean? What do you all think? :) Peace.

BCKidd.
Fine by me.
As long as you allow us to submit red nosed Reindeer as well... :D
Last edited by Lamphunter on March 20th, 2019, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

VonStratos wrote:Make sense if we consider it as part of a Christmas themed competition, but its up to you as host to decide... just i hope you dont add flying ptarmigans with a .22 pistol at min range of 80meters or something like that :D
Correct. I'm jus' seeing what folks think. I kind of like the way the regiment is going myself- chronologically. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

About switching Hemm for Pika Bay ! I'm all for that .
Good thinking . Winter , xmass , snow , cold , Rudolph , etc.
I'll come up with something for a Rudolph bonus , if it is changed .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I'd rather think about the beach, tropical paradise or anything except more snow during the winter - but that's just me. I'm also a bit funny about tradition, symmetry, natural flow- ... like this series being in order of reserve release is kind of cool - I'm not a progressive - don't like change - so maybe becoming a bit of an old fart I guess :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I kind of enjoy the idea of watching it play out in chronological order. Twelve reserves, twelve months, like a walk through the ages... I certainly wouldn't be opposed to having Hemmeldal switched if the whole christmasy/Rudolph thing inspired some other fun ideas for the comp itself or bonuses or anything but I wouldn't be heartbroken if it didn't.

Besides, June is getting to be about that time of the year I wish I was walking through a snowy forest like Hemmeldal, and December is just about that time I start missing the warmer weather of places like Picabeen.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I would vote to keep progression in reserve order. Besides, if you were in Piccabeen Bay in December, it would be sunny and hot. Like Radamus said, most people are sick of snow by Christmas.

Also, you can't guarantee that Expansive Worlds won't host some sort of Christmas event in Hemmeldal (it's certainly more likely than in Piccabeen Bay) which could potentially mess with your competition.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

It would definitely be interesting if each comp was scheduled in the same season as the reserve, (WHI in July, RFF in August, Hirsch in September, TGT in October, Hemmeldal in November, WRR in December) but the other half of the planet is in summer when we're in winter here, so it's moot, it's all good.

All twelve maps all in a row makes for a great retrospective, and finishing up on sweltering Piccabeen in the frozen arctic darkness of a blizzard in December is fine by me. ;) And if you repeat this great series again in 2020 BCK, maybe then you could match the seasons... because here's to doing all these tortuous comps TWICE!!! for 24 months instead of just 12!!!! :evil: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well i finished all my attempts, i managed spot one male Elk group, i found every critter before even spot a male Elk, so i when i did i shot the biggest and was a decent 312, not enough to get a high place in the competition but at least i got all the animals and the competition is over for me, was fun, hard and defiant to try the handgun hunting in the Black Bears, so congratulations to the winners and good luck to people still in the race, and thanks to BCKidd and the other host for this great competition, we will met again in RFF i hope.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

VonStratos wrote:Well i finished all my attempts, i got all the animals and the competition is over for me, was fun, hard and defiant to try the handgun hunting in the Black Bears, so congratulations to the winners and good luck to people still in the race, and thanks to BCKidd and the other host for this great competition, we will met again in RFF i hope.
Good Job! Just completing a score card is always the first goal! and so far, you've got me whipped.

Looking at the scores it's apparent, there are not many elk spawned in SC and I think it's fairly known, not a lot of bears either when you compare it to RFF. I might go so far as to say there's only 1 maybe 2 groups of bull elk to find? Whatcha all think??? - I haven't looked intently over the whole map but I've only found 1 group one time when I did look for them but my other attempts were ruined and cut short by my mistakes. In total I haven't covered many km yet but I've a chore ahead of me just to post any kind of score.

@JimboCrow ~ One thing I've noticed about BC's comps, they all have said "First Annual" haven't they? that means once a year right? :D So Mr Kidd~ better keep writing them books because you're going to be sending me free books for a while :P :lol: ..... yea, looks like I might be buying it this month but that's ok, my contribution to your "comp fund" ;)
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Thanks Radamus, and i arrived the same conclusion about Elks in Settlers, in RFF i can find at least 3 or 4 male groups beside the female spawns, but in Settler i walked the whole reserve in a 5 hour hunt looking for males and none, i found one loner that apparently was separated from a female group, was small, and then i finally found a male group, but was the only i found after walk around the whole area checking every lace where i saw Elks in past hunts, so is not that there is no spawn of Elks but almost all were female groups, in my last hunt i did the same but it only took over 2 hours find males, the only males i saw, and i mean i didn't fount not even a track of another males, if there was another male group in that hunt was hiding in some cave.

But next is RFF one of my favorites reserve, and i bet many other love that reserve too.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Competitions”