"The Unsettled 2019" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: "The Unsettled 2019" by BCKidd

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I'm done, blew my last two attempts on the bears without any success. Thanks for this competition, BCKidd! I see some great scores on the leaderboard - hats off to everyone who managed to find a couple of trophies in one of the most difficult reserves. Even with the .44, dropping the big game in its tracks proved to be very ambitious. I don't want to imagine how much effort was put in by those who used the .45LC. Whoever gets the trophies and em$ in the end: Well deserved!!!
Image Image Image
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yeah, it was a tuffy, this comp. I'm glad it is over myself- R.I.P Settler Creeks! I do agree also that the hit boxes need a revisit. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Well I made the board! almost 4.5 hrs to harvest nothing but garbage - I couldn't even pass Marc with only 3 animals :lol: ~ I'm really hating Settlers for the way it's changed with the cats. If I had my rathers- I'd delete pigs, we already have plenty of places to hunt pigs. The thing about it is its really a tight reserve to the point if you spook something going in the same direction you are it just messes the place up doing domino spook. It's been quite a while since I spent much time there but boy the elk seem to be scarce and they are missing from a couple places you could count on finding them before - I'm also behind the ball on cats since I have little spotting info - I get gender on a call and estimated weight with the binos. They are really spooky and stubborn. I'm using predator call and scent, brought most of them in but you need to be pretty close and they need to be in the mood and slower than pigs.
I tried something kind of stupid, donned the ghillie with scent eliminator to try a different strategy, got busted in a TS by a bear, elk and 2 cats - Where's the legendary concealment? It's got as much concealment as a minivan :roll:

To summarize, the place is a ----- to hunt under this format. The shooting requirement turns the heat up and being 0-for-3 cranks the drama factor to max :lol:

I'm not so impressed with the 44mag. I was expecting a slightly better result on bears but it wasn't to be. Only 1 of the 3 bears this hunt were on a barrel. The other 2 I did it the hard way but not before suffering a couple deaths- Total Fatalities:: Me-3 > Bears-2 ~ I have one positive takeaway - thank god we didn't have to hunt WT because there weren't any - Pigs- had to be a hundred of them at least.

1 more swing at this - but I've had absolutely nothing from my practice rounds and a couple MP hunts and official attempts worth remembering - Everything in this reserve is a lot easier to hunt somewhere else that's for sure but if yuou want to kill pigs, boy she's got pigs.

All you folks at the top of the board, you deserve everything you get for this because this was a tough one! in closing, BC, I'm turing my feeders into dead meat attraction sites- I put half of you in 2 barrels so I could spread you around and as a filler in the corn to make it go farther :twisted:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

:arrow: Radamus, you got on the LB at least- that's gotta say somethin'... Did you string my other half up so you could skin and quarter it? If you did let me help you with that, 'cause this comp was by far the hardest. That stupid one-shot rule, the weapons requirement. Yep, I'd help you skin the host. Damn him anyway. :lol: :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

It was a really tough comp as usual, but as always it was also very rewarding in the end. Congratulations to the winners, and to all who managed to hang in there through the trials and tribulations. Time for a beer... or three. :lol:

I want to express my sincere gratitude to EVERYONE who has anything to do with bringing these comps to the community. The incredible amount of time, the infinite stores of generosity, the outstanding collective effort, I simply cannot thank you enough. You are bastions of the community. It is an absolute privilege to compete, and I am honored to call you my friends. Thank you. :)
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I'm done! final hunt - I improved slightly my score then spent hours chasing potential improvements to no avail.

Grats to all! Thanks to BCKidd for another amazing challenge!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
RudiRR
Scout

Post by RudiRR »

In this competition I had many good bears and I never had 100% HV. Shame. I lost my last attempt and missed the goal. It's nice how difficult rules are. Good luck everyone who is still fighting . Fantastic competition.
KingKong1
Scout

Post by KingKong1 »

Amazingly, That BCKidd can continue to create one unique and different competition one after the other.
Thanks to BCKidd and the people in the background - it is highly appreciated.

Congratulations to the winners, what performance. :o
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

This was the hardest UHC competition i have participated, all are challenging, but in this one for fist time i had to struggle until my last attempt just to get the animals in the list, let alone to get good scores, still was great and satisfactory. Thanks again BCKidd and every other host and the people who made possible this competitions and the bonus, also congratulations to the winners of course and to the others participants, well played, now lets go to RFF 8-)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Get your final hunts in folks- this one ends in 2 hrs 10 mins. Thanks for the kudos guys. I like hosting 'em as much as I like participatin', so it is a win win for me. ;) Respect.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”