"The Unsettled 2019" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Yarrymasa
Spotter

Re: "The Unsettled 2019" by BCKidd

Post by Yarrymasa »

viva...

I regret to tell that I wont be able to get any animal in the leaderboard... ******* lousy player :P

I blewn all the five attemps... I had at least two attemps I could use, but they didn't qualify because I got carried away and shot a couple extra shots in despair for seeing a gorgeous bobcat (sneaked up on me from a totally different direction than what I was expecting) and a tom - so the one shot one kill criteria was blown - and other one of the attemps was eligle, but I had to leave home in a hurry and forgot to submit that one :lol: :lol:
But anyway, I wouldn't be able to have more than just two animals to enter the comp- I only got the .357 revolver so only bobcats and turkeys...

but i want to ask you a question to see if it's just me or there's someting awkward with the.357 pistol- the male turkeys I shot with it, all of them got instantly a 0% HV... Is this right???
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

The .357 does too much damage to turkeys at closer distances. So your TI (Trophy Integrity) will be less than 100, thereby making the HV < 100%.
For the record, you need to shoot a turkey at over 240m to get a 100% TI with the .357. :D ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Yarrymasa
Spotter

Post by Yarrymasa »

Tod1d wrote:The .357 does too much damage to turkeys at closer distances. So your TI (Trophy Integrity) will be less than 100, thereby making the HV < 100%.
Yes I've been shooting the Tom at 25/30 meters more of less... that explains the 0% HV...
Tod1d wrote:For the record, you need to shoot a turkey at over 240m to get a 100% TI with the .357. :D ;)
:shock: 240m away?? It would be a truly amazing story to tell latter to my kid :P and he wouldn't believe me :lol:

Well anyway, thankyou very much for the info Tod1d I'll take note of that for future reference!!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Tanngnjostr wrote: Guys, use the crossbow pistol if you can! Kills them quick and makes almost no noise. I've shot several turkey with it and another tom, about 30 meters away, continued to come in as if nothing happened.
I did buy the xbow pistol on sale , even though i don't need another weapon and i say all the time that there are way too many weapons already in the game .
To my surprise , it's a really nice effective toy . Really fun to use and like Marc said , works like a charm on the Turkeys .

It will be my favorite weapon to use on them from now on .
- 100% HV on Turkeys .
- Silent , does not spook even if close .
- Reloads quickly .

I like it ! :P

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Tanngnjostr wrote:A few nice birds have been "wasted", all those with a HV of 95 were probably shot with the .22 pistol. Guys, use the crossbow pistol if you can! Kills them quick and makes almost no noise. I've shot several turkey with it and another tom, about 30 meters away, continued to come in as if nothing happened.
Good advice. Head/neck drops turkeys with 100% HV with the .22 pistol, but it sure is a risky target to try for. I also bought the crossbow pistol when it was on sale last week so if it's really as good as you guys say I might just carry it instead of the .22 for the rest of the comp. This was probably asked and answered back when it was released but, do you guys know if the crossbow pistol counts as a bow or a handgun in terms of how it kills animals? Like is it a guaranteed kill as with other bows if you make a poor shot on an animal, just a matter of time until they expire? Or is there a chance of the animal actually surviving like a poor shot with a handgun?
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

xOEDragonx wrote: Like is it a guaranteed kill as with other bows if you make a poor shot on an animal, just a matter of time until they expire? Or is there a chance of the animal actually surviving like a poor shot with a handgun?
... From what i've seen and experienced so far , it acts like a bow . Made some poor shots in the beginning on Bobcats ( ass, legs , etc ) and they all died in the end . And it didn't take time also .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

SOOooo...

Last of 5 hunts ongoing...

I gave up on the .45 Long for elk...
Switched over to .44 Magnum.

I was up in a treestand when I shot this bull between the shoulders (blood spot can barely be seen in pic below).
I expected it to drop on the spot due to a spine hit, but...
It took off.
It immediately bled as a "heart/lung" hit (bright blood AND dark)...
But - it read as a "body" hit.
It showed "heart/lung" spots for about 5 tracks - all read "body".
Then... the blood trails turned into "fleeing" with no blood.
I have tracked this bull for about 5 in-game hours.
Head dropped, full body shakes, back leg kicks...
every time it stops moving it takes this "I'm gunna fall down now" stance.
but it has yet to drop.
I have 6 hours and 20 minuted left in-game before the hunt goes to day two.
I realize it will have a HV of zero - but my question is...
Will it die?
Or am I screwed (again).
Seriously looking for an answer.

I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DYEUZ wrote:
xOEDragonx wrote: Like is it a guaranteed kill as with other bows if you make a poor shot on an animal, just a matter of time until they expire? Or is there a chance of the animal actually surviving like a poor shot with a handgun?
... From what i've seen and experienced so far , it acts like a bow . Made some poor shots in the beginning on Bobcats ( ass, legs , etc ) and they all died in the end . And it didn't take time also .
Yes, I'd say it works like all bows. Bad shots still eventually kills the animal. Like DYEUZ says they don't go far either. It is a very good weapon on the gobblers and works well on Bobcat too. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

BearJohnson wrote:SOOooo...

Last of 5 hunts ongoing...

I gave up on the .45 Long for elk...
Switched over to .44 Magnum.

I was up in a treestand when I shot this bull between the shoulders (blood spot can barely be seen in pic below).
I expected it to drop on the spot due to a spine hit, but...
It took off.
It immediately bled as a "heart/lung" hit (bright blood AND dark)...
But - it read as a "body" hit.
It showed "heart/lung" spots for about 5 tracks - all read "body".
Then... the blood trails turned into "fleeing" with no blood.
I have tracked this bull for about 5 in-game hours.
Head dropped, full body shakes, back leg kicks...
every time it stops moving it takes this "I'm gunna fall down now" stance.
but it has yet to drop.
I have 6 hours and 20 minuted left in-game before the hunt goes to day two.
I realize it will have a HV of zero - but my question is...
Will it die?
Or am I screwed (again).
Seriously looking for an answer.

It could possibly be a shoulder blade shot where the bullet only hit the shoulder blade and no important organs because it went from above and not the side. I don't think it will die.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

:arrow: Bear- once the animal stops laying down blood tracks, it could take up to 30 mins for it to die. At least that has been my experience, sometimes it may take longer depending on where it was hit. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Competitions”