Why are their no NORMAL competitions?!?

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Why are their no NORMAL competitions?!?

Post by Sulfurblade »

So I am in that cycle where I am back wanting to hunt, and I prefer to enroll in some type of competition makes the hunting well more entertaining that way!
BUT:
I really only care to hunt Deer! Whitetail, Blacktail, Muley's, (Moose / Red Deer / Elk if desperate)
Whitetail comp is = Get the longest average distance on your first three Whitetail harvests to win. (Don't care about shooting things at distance I care about shooting the biggest animal, useless comp!)
Muley comp is = The heaviest Mule Deer doe wins. No scopes allowed. (Certainly not excited about hunting doe's!!!)
Blacktail comp is = Harvest any Blacktail Deer with Slug ammo and a shot under 75 meters (approx. 246 feet). Longest shot wins. (Again with these silly distance comps!!!)

Now I am Desperate so I am looking at:
Moose Comp = Harvest a Moose from the longest distance with a .300 rifle to win. (REALLY!!!!)
Red Deer comp = Harvest the highest scoring Red Deer with a single shot through the heart to win. (Atleast its the biggest animal, but the heart shot is a No deal, Lung shot is fine but heart shots in this buggy game are luck based half the time!)
Elk Comp = The average weight of your top 3 heaviest Rocky Mountain Elk will count as your competition entry. Highest average wins. (I really don't care how fat they are!!! Thats again not why I hunt....)

Why is it so hard to find a NORMAL Comp!
Shoot the Highest Scoring Whitetail, Muley, Blacktail.... <---- These are the comps I want not all this stilly stuff above!!!
calamar2000
Hunter

Re: Why are their no NORMAL competitions?!?

Post by calamar2000 »

That's a wise word ... FINALLY! :) :) :) ;) ;) ;)
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

I am with you
Soon comps will be a one eyed buck shot at 500m standing on leg
LMAO
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

While we're complaining, I've always had a problem with requiring specific weapons for specific comps. But we know that's not going to change nor are any of these other "weird" comps. They are all designed to bring in more money than they pay out in prizes.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

My advice check out community comps. EW's comps will never change, I don't think they are that creative either. Easy Peasy most of 'em. No skill required- jus' luck. But then again ain't that really how irl hunting is? Sometimes you find 'em sometimes you don't. Community comps tho' add a different kind of excitement- and the prizes are a lot better. My .2 cents. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

BCKidd wrote:My advice check out community comps. EW's comps will never change, I don't think they are that creative either. Easy Peasy most of 'em. No skill required- jus' luck. But then again ain't that really how irl hunting is? Sometimes you find 'em sometimes you don't. Community comps tho' add a different kind of excitement- and the prizes are a lot better. My .2 cents. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
I agree the community comps are great but extremely hard to win. Especially with sadistic creators who like to enforce one shot one kill rules. :lol:

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

XxStrong1xX wrote:
BCKidd wrote:My advice check out community comps. EW's comps will never change, I don't think they are that creative either. Easy Peasy most of 'em. No skill required- jus' luck. But then again ain't that really how irl hunting is? Sometimes you find 'em sometimes you don't. Community comps tho' add a different kind of excitement- and the prizes are a lot better. My .2 cents. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
I agree the community comps are great but extremely hard to win. Especially with sadistic creators who like to enforce one shot one kill rules. :lol:
:lol: :lol: Now who would that be... :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

To be fair there are some official competition with the simple rule of "get the biggest WT" as objective, and similar for the other deer species, the thing is than it get buried into the rotation system, i think the one for "get the biggest mule buck" ended like 2 or 3 days ago so it wont be back until like 2 weeks. And yes, there are competitions with weapons requirements, i get hunt a moose with any bow, but hunt a moose with a .300? just for sale?, no thanks, unless i happen to have the weapon by other reason, it could be good imo if the simple task competitions like "get the highest or heaviest x animal" had more time in the rotation, like at least once in the week. Just look at the Black tail competitions, is good to have challenges, but also some simplicity, after all, as was mentioned, there is already a sadistic person making insane challenges out there for our poor minds. :twisted:

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Toledo
Spotter

Post by Toledo »

I agree, there is a lack of them.
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

BCKidd.
I did the only one going was shooting brains from the longest distance! I am looking forward to your upcoming competition as I enjoy loggers point! However I will likely have cycled out (Interest) of theHunter bye the time your comp starts.

Return to “Competitions”