Risco Calculado

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Risco Calculado

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Remember Tod1d answering this very question for a different comp with "if it's not listed, its assumed its ok."? Now do you see why the question is asked? And the request for the host to list EVERYTHING that can and cannot be done. Right on, Serge.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

the 100 HV is going to make this comp damn near impossible. LOL I don't know which one will be worse, the bison or the polar bear. LOL

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Polar will be harder, they are more aware of you, and they roam in those loose ice places where there is nothing to use as cover, is possible to find one in land as well, but in my experience a Bison will let you get in 30mts or less, then a shot right to the brain or heart, if is broadside a double lung can be possible, i think the Snakebite is cut for the job, 20mts pin and best power among compounds, still i can see many animals dying with lung shot and 95% or so because they managed run some meters.

Make sure harvest some Ibuprofen in advance.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Well, got a first entry and once again i needed to find out a ROE while verifying my kills.

ROE : Species: Alpine Ibex, Polar Bear, Bison, Red Kangoroo (male and female)

This ladies and gentlemen , means that you need one of each gender . How did i miss this . So clear !!
Absolutly no where , does it say , clearly , that you need one of each gender ! :?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Man that is why i dont like make assumptions with rules in competitions either, I understand that rule as one of each specie is needed and can be male or female, not that need a couple of each one. By the way, i just made a hunt in VdB and saw nothing worth a shot, and the closet i managed to be of a Goat was 40mts prone, and she spotted me, this gonna be a hard competition for sure.

ImageImage
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

DYEUZ wrote:Well, got a first entry
how the.......????? poopoo, now i'm gonna have to try this comp. LOL

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Interesting. I read (male and female) in the initial request as needing a male, AND a female of each species.
If it were written as VonStratos interpreted it, (male OR female), I would have read it to mean you could submit either gender.

Of course there is always the possibility of language barrier. But it seemed pretty clear to me. And this is the 2nd running of this comp and I didn't get corrected on the first.

Ze_pikenu, did anyone have trouble interpreting the rule in the first comp?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Grr, ice chunks touching themselves but somehow I get wet and die? there was no visible water or cracks. Head's up, polar bears are going to be a huge PIA!

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I think was my mistake on the interpretation, the leader board of the competition(both private and public) indeed show spots for 2 animals of each species.

ImageImage
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Tod ...Well , language barrier or not , these past comps made by the new guys lack informations big time .And of all the guys working on them , YOU, should know better .
YOU know , all the time what is missing or not . It doesn't matter what YOU understand , but the players , participants from all over the world , need to have it clearly mentioned . Is that too damn much to ask ??

For me , that rule meant , that either gender was good , period .
Would it have been such a hassle , to write . '' You need one of each gender for each species , a total of 8 animals will make your score '' . !!!! Geez !!!!! :evil:
No !! Let's assume !!!

And it's not your mistake Von !! Announcements for comps are bad lately . You should not need to go see another comp's leaderboard , to know what you need !!!

Be aware guys . If your animals is ''running'' towards you ,to send you flying in the air ,like one of my Bison did , it won't count .
It will count as ''spook'' believe it or not ! :?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Competitions”