Risco Calculado

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Ze_pikenu

Re: Risco Calculado

Post by Ze_pikenu »

I thought that " male and female" were enough to understand, sorry, I will be more specific and clear in the next announcements.
Apenas relaxe e caçe.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

If I see an omission, error, or ambiguity in the ROE, I will fix it. In this case, I did not have a problem with it. I comprehended the instructions the way the host intended.
It seems there are a few people that seem to have reading comprehension issues with nearly every comp.
Try to keep in mind that hosts of community comps are are not professional writers. (neither am I for that matter). They are generous members that are voluntarily donating their own personal money so that you can have more choices for comps in addition to the EW sponsored comps.
Dyeuz, I seem to remember back when you hosted a few comps, your instructions weren't the easiest to read. Give the guy a break, eh?
DYEUZ wrote:Be aware guys . If your animals is ''running'' towards you ,to send you flying in the air ,like one of my Bison did , it won't count .
It will count as ''spook'' believe it or not ! :?
There are separate "running" & "charging" states. I'm only checking for "running" state.
Not sure why when charging the state would register as running. There are missions where they have to be "charging", and people have been able to complete them. I'm wondering if this is just with the Bison, or other charging animals too??

I don't see any reports of this problem. Let me do a little digging & see what I can find.

In the meantime, I guess try to avoid shooting them when charging as well.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Does somebody knows in what exact moment a Bison become spooked state? because when you approach to one eventually the Bison will spot you and start to make angry gestures, and turn towards you, after that it may charge, but does it get spooked at the moment it detect you as a threat, or once it charges and run away?

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

VonStratos wrote:Does somebody knows in what exact moment a Bison become spooked state? because when you approach to one eventually the Bison will spot you and start to make angry gestures, and turn towards you, after that it may charge, but does it get spooked at the moment it detect you as a threat, or once it charges and run away?
The states they go through are Idle, Walking, Charging, Running. There is no "spooked" state. I assume the EW "unspooked" requirement in the missions/comps means, "not running". And that's the way I coded this comp. It only invalidates the animal if the state is "running".

I'm not sure of the exact sequence. I would have thought it was..

Idle or walking (before they notice you)
Idle (when they are posturing to charge)
Charging
Running (after the strike, or miss, and they run away)

Although it seems some times it's

Idle
charging
Idle
charging
running

But, apparently there is a running state somewhere in between the idle & striking the player.

Sometimes they don't complete the charge, and switch to "running" before they strike the player. ??
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Yeah sometimes they charge and stop right before stomp me, but is good to know that about the "spook" state, or the lack of that state, in a ideal situation a broadside close shot would be optimal, but since the Bison is aggressive is not rare to risk a shot before they charge.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Tod1d wrote: Dyeuz, I seem to remember back when you hosted a few comps, your instructions weren't the easiest to read.
OMG ! Do i disagree with you there . Go look them up again and you'll see that they had pretty much all the darn Qs that one could have asked .
Anyway , there was no assuming needed from the players .
If it was so obvious to YOU , that we need two of each ( male and female ) well, it is obvious for me , to put up a clear phrase / mention about just that !
Tod1d wrote:It seems there are a few people that seem to have reading comprehension issues with nearly every comp.
How about taking that as a sign that i'm right about the OP missing some stuff and needs to be clearer !

I had posted a change last night in my score for the Bison , but when i saw that my lowest distance male Bison was running , i understood that the UHC system did not find that it is good . That's why i have that 6m vs. the 3m .
But if in anycase , there should be a change with the system to allow the '' running '' state , i'd like to have that 3m one put up there .
tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Ok, so charging is fine and not considered spooked. good to know. I was trying to figure out how the heck one could get under 30m to a bison without "spooking" it.
This changes everything. LOL

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

DeadClopz wrote:Ok, so charging is fine and not considered spooked. good to know. I was trying to figure out how the heck one could get under 30m to a bison without "spooking" it.
Well, be careful. Dyeuz said he had one charging, but it recorded as "running" (spooked).
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

In this hunt last night , i got 6 Bison . They all were charging me .
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/dyeu ... n/84864047

2 said '' idle ''
1 is not good , multiple shots ( charging , running , running )
1 was walking
1 was running
1 was charging

I swear , that they were all charging me . I even got killed one time .
I really don't know what is the line between all these stages .
Seems to be random and / or a very fine line .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Tod1d wrote:
DeadClopz wrote:Ok, so charging is fine and not considered spooked. good to know. I was trying to figure out how the heck one could get under 30m to a bison without "spooking" it.
Well, be careful. Dyeuz said he had one charging, but it recorded as "running" (spooked).
Well, to be honest, will have to take the random status chance if I'm to compete with the distances Dyeuz has already posted. :lol:

Return to “Competitions”