BrainWork

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
RudiRR
Scout

Re: BrainWork

Post by RudiRR »

I accept your decisions and agree with
Difunto wrote: but the rules are the rules.
Big thanks for the opportunity to participate in the competition. During these competitions, I learned about some interesting rules in the game. distance and penetration, for example ... I never paid attention to it before.
Good luck for other participants
Last edited by RudiRR on February 9th, 2019, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

TROPICIEL3 wrote:Tan, random outbreaks such as; lack of energy, lack of access to the network, accidental shutdown of the computer by another person, accidental shutting down by the player, should not be a reason for discreditation, and unfortunately this happened in my case and my friend Rui.
The contest participant is innocent only the rules of the competition must be changed because they kill the competition in these competitions.
Unfortunately, we have no way to tell if the short hunt was due to unforeseen circumstances, or intentional.

The participant is not 'innocent'. They may not have caused the short hunt intentionally, but they should be aware of the rules and abide by them when a short hunt occurs... for whatever reason.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

TROPICIEL3 wrote:Tan, random outbreaks such as; lack of energy, lack of access to the network, accidental shutdown of the computer by another person, accidental shutting down by the player, should not be a reason for discreditation, and unfortunately this happened in my case and my friend Rui.
I get that, but the short hunt itself wasn't the cause of DQ in this case if I'm not mistaken - it was the fact that you started another hunt within 30 minutes.

But as I already said: I believe that this rule should be slightly changed in future comps to be a little more forgiving while still removing intentional spawn mashing. You can see that I am not on the leaderboard and will not participate due to a lack of time, so I don't have any personal advantage from the unfortunate disqualification of Rudi and you. Still, I am convinced (from experience) that once a host bends his own rules, it means trouble. Sorry!

Anyway, I will remove myself from that discussion from now on since these shouldn't dominate the competition thread. As a host you're usually sorry about any DQs yourself, but you don't want the competition to be messed up by it.

@Rudi: I know you're disappointed, but you've shown real sportsmanship with your last post.
Image Image Image
Hunt_Training
Tracker

Post by Hunt_Training »

Tanngnjostr wrote:@Rudi: I know you're disappointed, but you've shown real sportsmanship with your last post.
:arrow: RudiRR: I join Tann in appreciating your sportsmanship and I'm sure you will be able to repeat your outstanding performance in a future competition.

By the way: just a few minutes ago, I have finally got a barely decent score with a Sitka (after a life of wasted attempts)... I was so excited that I was immediately closing that hunt to submit my result; it as been just a moment before my Alt-F4 that I... :idea: "Wait! When have I started this hunt?"
28 minutes!
Pfeew... a potential waste is behind each corner. :)
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Hunt_Training wrote:
By the way: just a few minutes ago, I have finally got a barely decent score with a Sitka (after a life of wasted attempts)... I was so excited that I was immediately closing that hunt to submit my result; it as been just a moment before my Alt-F4 that I... :idea: "Wait! When have I started this hunt?"
28 minutes!
Pfeew... a potential waste is behind each corner. :)
I don't know how many times I have done that in previous competitions. And nothing worse then getting your target 10 minutes into the game. That following 20 minutes is pure hell. :lol:

BTW, what are you doing ahead of me on the leaderboard? You get yourself some Jello shots? :lol:

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Oh no! Now you have influenced Hunt_Training to throw back Jello Shots... There goes the neighborhood. Nice score Hunt_Training! I really have some fun cut out for myself if'n I wants too catch up. :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
TROPICIEL3
Tracker

Post by TROPICIEL3 »

Difunto no no !!!!!!!! Your competition has nothing to do with healthy competition, a very good Brazilian has been disqualified, and that means you've made this contest to disqualify? 2-3 short sessions for 100 long game sessions lasting over 30 minutes should never be a reason for disqualification, it is an irresponsible act of the host of the competition that killed this competition. Therefore, the waiting rule 30 minutes after the game session lasting 5 minutes should be removed. It's just my opinion on this topic
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

TROPICIEL3 wrote:Therefore, the waiting rule 30 minutes after the game session lasting 5 minutes should be removed. It's just my opinion on this topic
If the host removes that rule, not only will someone else ask for another rule to be removed that they don't agree with, but it is extremely unfair to every other participant that obeyed the rule throughout the competition. Changing rules in the middle of a competition is a bad idea, and trying to please everyone is an impossible task.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Congratulations to the winners! Well done. This wasn't nearly as easy as I first thought it would be. Hard to hit them brains... Thanks for hosting Difunto- you did an awesome job! And thank you UHC and staff for all that you guys do. Lookin' forward to the next. Respect to all! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Congratulation to the winners, and thanks to the host, i couldn't participate as much as i intended at first, but still i hope participate in your future competitions Difunto, so thanks for creating this one and thanks to the UHC Staff as well.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Competitions”