BrainWork

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
W1nchester

Re: BrainWork

Post by W1nchester »

"Hunts must be no less than 30 minutes (real time). If your hunt is less than 30 minutes, you must have a cool down period of 30 minutes (real time) - can't play theHunter at all!"

Spoiler:
ImageImage
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

TROPICIEL3 wrote:What rules? I want to know ?
Rules for this competition are on the first post of this thread.

DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

My thoughts on the rule issue is this, you acknowledged you broke a rule. Regardless if it was accidental or not, you should be DQ'ed for the simple reason.
If it is forum based on if it is overlooked, that is setting precedent of this repeating over and over and even done maliciously with intent of forum forgiving etc. If that was the case there would be no need for the rules to begin with.

Hunt_Training
Tracker

Post by Hunt_Training »

BCKidd wrote:Oh no- you don't wanna get into Jello Shots, you see that avatar of DeadClopz... :lol: :lol: ;) Peace.
:lol: :lol:
DeadClopz wrote:Jello shots won't help you hunt better, you'll just care less. :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Both of you guys... too funny! :)

Talking about your avatar, DeadClopz: I have finally found where it comes from! It's exactly the face of Clint Eastwood in a scene of "Space Cowboys" (one of his "polite clarifications", in a pressurization module)... :lol:

About the rule issue and disqualifications: I'm with BCK and DC on that, as breaking a rule by accident still is breaking a rule.
There should be a very special reason to ask a reconsideration of a specific DQ, and from what RudiRR has written this seems not the case. Of course, this is just my personal opinion and last word is up to the competition host.
:arrow: RudiRR: my compliments anyway, for your awesome Roe Deer at 181 m... and it was walking, too!
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Ignorantia juris non excusat. Just because you're not aware of a law does not excuse you from being liable for breaking that law. OK I know laws are a bit different from competition rules, but the principle is the same. It is the responsibility of all participants to read and understand the rules. Failure to do so is not an excuse and like DeadClopz said, making an exception once means making an exception for everyone else that claims they were unaware. It opens a huge can of worms for the host. It's unfortunate that rules were overlooked, but in my opinion they should still be enforced. Consistency is of paramount importance in community competitions, even if it means some genuine mistakes result in a disqualification. Just my opinion.
TROPICIEL3
Tracker

Post by TROPICIEL3 »

BrainWork DQ
Wysłane: Wczoraj, 18:05
Od: Difunto
Do: TROPICIEL3

Cześć, TROPICIEL3!

Pokazałeś doskonałe wyniki, ale niestety będę musiał zdyskwalifikować cię.
Masz naruszenie zasady okresu chłodzenia (30 minut):

2019-02-04 21:19 1h 13m 21s Bushrangers Run Copper Hills 0 0
2019-02-04 21:15 2m 55s Namiot Point Logger 0 0
2019-02-04 18:42 54m 09s Val-des-Bois Maison du Néant 0 2
2019-02-04 18:13 27m 06s Logger's Point Field Lodge 0 0
pierwszy exp z .243:
2019-02-03 19:29 45m 21s Namiot Point Logger 0 2

Nic osobistego, przepraszam, muszę podążać za ROE.

BrainWork DQ
Wysłane: Wczoraj, 18:05
Od: Difunto
Do: TROPICIEL3

Cześć, TROPICIEL3!

Zasadanr 5.
If we want to win with the champion, we have to disqualify him.
In BRR there were no animals in the competition.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Nobody doubts that Rudi and Tropiciel are great competitors and that it obviously was an oversight on their part, but rules should be enforced in my opinion. In the end it's the host's decision, but my past experience as a host is that once you make exceptions, everyone will complain and other players will demand exceptions from the rules too.

For future competitions that want to use the "30-minute-rule", I would suggest a rule change though. Is it really necessary to DQ someone completely if he doesn't obey this rule? Wouldn't it suffice to void any hunt that breaks the rule? Like this:
Submitted hunts must have a duration of at least 30 minutes (real time). If your hunt is less than 30 minutes, you must wait at least 30 minutes (real time) after the hunt before starting a new one - if you want the next hunt to count for the competition.
With this rule, nobody could "spawn mash" for the competition in question, but of course a player could decide to hunt just for fun, for an official comp, or set up equipment in the next hunt if he doesn't want to wait 30 minutes.
Image Image Image
RudiRR
Scout

Post by RudiRR »

Tanngnjostr wrote: but rules should be enforced in my opinion. In the end it's the host's decision, but my past experience as a host is that once you make exceptions, everyone will complain and other players will demand exceptions from the rules too.
I agree with it. It's hard, I did not see enough of my sessions. my fault, though completely accidental.. :( It's a pity you informed me so much late about DIfunto. I wasted a lot of time and nerves especially at ROEDEER from a distance of 181m. I do not have a grudge. You probably could not have time it before.
TROPICIEL3
Tracker

Post by TROPICIEL3 »

Tan, random outbreaks such as; lack of energy, lack of access to the network, accidental shutdown of the computer by another person, accidental shutting down by the player, should not be a reason for discreditation, and unfortunately this happened in my case and my friend Rui.
The contest participant is innocent only the rules of the competition must be changed because they kill the competition in these competitions.
Difunto

Post by Difunto »

RudiRR wrote:I agree with it. It's hard, I did not see enough of my sessions. my fault, though completely accidental.. :( It's a pity you informed me so much late about DIfunto. I wasted a lot of time and nerves especially at ROEDEER from a distance of 181m. I do not have a grudge. You probably could not have time it before.
Guys RudiRR and TROPICIEL3,

You played very well and showed outstanding results and I hope you enjoyed their achievement.

I'm really sorry that mistakes were made, but the rules are the rules.

I should’t have to check the rule of the cooling period every day, if you knew that you made a mistake - you could stop or, at least, ask on the forum or me personally, is it worth to continue the competition or not.

I agree that this rule has almost no effect on the result in this competition, but it is traditionally used in all UHC competitions to control spawn mash, you are professional participants of the UHC competition and know this perfectly well.

Return to “Competitions”