“A Hog a Dog a WhiteTail and a Mule 2019” by BCKidd.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: “A Hog a Dog a WhiteTail and a Mule 2019” by BCKidd.

Post by DYEUZ »

:) Grats to the mid-comp winners .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Congratulations to the winners, by the way its just me or really the deer are smaller than last season? when this was said last week i thought it could be coincidence, but in all my hunts i have been spotting smaller than usual bucks, not only in Loggers, in WRR the sitkas were top 70 score with one exception of one sitka offering a huge max of 90, mules i know there are 200+ but are more hard to find than before, i have seen a lot of mules, loners and the groups, and the max was a top of 200, i even tracked a fat one with a 110/130kg of tracking, when i hunted the beast it was...150 or so in score, and Moose, in WRR i saw lots of small bulls, but this season i saw an ufo Moose, it had a max score of 90! yes not even 100 as max score, i didn't even knew it was possible to see Moose smaller than 100 in score. It may be my luck, but i dont remember another season with so many small animals in a so consistent way.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

VonStratos wrote:Congratulations to the winners, by the way its just me or really the deer are smaller than last season? when this was said last week i thought it could be coincidence, but in all my hunts i have been spotting smaller than usual bucks, not only in Loggers, in WRR the sitkas were top 70 score with one exception of one sitka offering a huge max of 90, mules i know there are 200+ but are more hard to find than before, i have seen a lot of mules, loners and the groups, and the max was a top of 200, i even tracked a fat one with a 110/130kg of tracking, when i hunted the beast it was...150 or so in score, and Moose, in WRR i saw lots of small bulls, but this season i saw an ufo Moose, it had a max score of 90! yes not even 100 as max score, i didn't even knew it was possible to see Moose smaller than 100 in score. It may be my luck, but i dont remember another season with so many small animals in a so consistent way.
Can't say for sure, but I think it's just bad luck. I have always had a hard time finding 200+ muleys, but at one point I got three of them within two days (actually two were in the same hunt). That was about two years ago, haven't found another 200+ muley since. Or moose... it took me years to find my first 200+ moose bull, but once I got the first one, the seal was broken somehow. I see 200+ moose everywhere now!

Anyway, I hope to get my 4th 200+ muley and my 2nd 190+ whitetail on Friday night! :D
Image Image Image
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

It may be, the thing is that i always got lucky with mules, i found at least one 190 and normally a 200+ when hunting them and especially when i spotted the classic group of males, never got a record like a 240+, but 200+ were so normal before that i have the rule of not even take a trophy shot of a mule under 200score, with exceptions, but now the group leaders are showing a top score of 185 or so, maybe they are all in TgT now.

ImageImage
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

VonStratos wrote:maybe they are all in TgT now.
I think they all migrated to TGT because they heard that half of the wolves there got removed. :?
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Attempt #2 : 5 real hours / Almost 15 kms . Moved from 31st @ 24th . Never heard a Coyote call !! :shock: Saw 2 !!
Tracked 100kgs WT , to finally spot them with ridiculous scores , like 110 / 120 high end !! :shock:

Tomorrow , #3 ... ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

W1nchester

Post by W1nchester »

VonStratos wrote:Congratulations to the winners, by the way its just me or really the deer are smaller than last season? when this was said last week i thought it could be coincidence, but in all my hunts i have been spotting smaller than usual bucks, not only in Loggers, in WRR the sitkas were top 70 score with one exception of one sitka offering a huge max of 90, mules i know there are 200+ but are more hard to find than before, i have seen a lot of mules, loners and the groups, and the max was a top of 200, i even tracked a fat one with a 110/130kg of tracking, when i hunted the beast it was...150 or so in score, and Moose, in WRR i saw lots of small bulls, but this season i saw an ufo Moose, it had a max score of 90! yes not even 100 as max score, i didn't even knew it was possible to see Moose smaller than 100 in score. It may be my luck, but i dont remember another season with so many small animals in a so consistent way.
It's complicated to judge the animals by tracking lately, I'm following Mules 115-140 Kg that end in the worst possible, 150-160, but I will not complain too much ... I even started the season well, in the competition here I got one 225 and now looking for bears in TGT I found another good one, 231 :D

And also a good Elk in the same hunt. 418 :D :D :D :D

Spoiler:
ImageImage
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Nice trophies, W1nchester! I'm happy you seem to have spent your attempts on LP... not that I think anyone will really be able to catch your score! ;)
Image Image Image
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

That's a great mule deer W1nchester. If only I could find one like that in Logger's Point.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

That are indeed great trophies, please tell me you dont have that kind of animals in the competition LB, give us hope :D , well i still have some attempts and all i need is one good hunt.

ImageImage

Return to “Competitions”