“A Hog a Dog a WhiteTail and a Mule 2019” by BCKidd.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: “A Hog a Dog a WhiteTail and a Mule 2019” by BCKidd.

Post by JimboCrow »

Blow out your candles and make a wish BCK. No shoveling for you today, it's your day off. ;) Here's hoping you scoop that 210 WT today. Now that would be a nice memory eh? HBD buddy!!! Peace. :)
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

BCKidd wrote:Hey, thank you all for the B-Day wishes, and DYEUZ that is awesome. LMAO. Wasn't your B-Day jus' recent too? If it was Happy belated B-Day to you too.

Regarding LP's spawns. Yes, I noticed the lack of good scoring Wts and Mule when I was testing the comp. During that time tho' I know Van, and Tann and a few others were certainly findin' some nice ones. It does seem empty at times, I find near the three lakes tho', is the best place recently for animals. Did EW change things? Not sure they have or if it is jus' us that haven't been there in a while that aren't findin' what was common before the BobCat release. Attempts do get used up quickly with not much to show for all our efforts. Sometimes I find changing hunting routes makes a difference. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
actually I feel like the change hit with the change of the Season... Not the introduction of the bobcats.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

BCKidd wrote:Hey, thank you all for the B-Day wishes, and DYEUZ that is awesome. LMAO. Wasn't your B-Day jus' recent too? If it was Happy belated B-Day to you too.
Yes , Feb 2nd . ty.

I agree , that something is going on in EHR .
I am hunting Rose Elk for an important side comp , and others and i , are not finding any big elks like we used too .
I see couple here and there , all small . ( 150@250 scoring ave. )
Saw some 500kg spotted bulls , that have no antlers at all and end up with a score of 160 ! 200 ! 175 ! and so on . :shock:
Very frustrating . Think these Elks are almost extinct .
Last edited by DYEUZ on February 16th, 2019, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

RudiRR
Scout

Post by RudiRR »

Happy Birthday! BCKIDD
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

JimboCrow wrote:Blow out your candles and make a wish BCK. No shoveling for you today, it's your day off. ;) Here's hoping you scoop that 210 WT today. Now that would be a nice memory eh? HBD buddy!!! Peace. :)
No no I am wishing you a Nice Non Typical Albino Mule Deer say 370 score or so!!! That way it won't help you Canadians out :)
RudiRR
Scout

Post by RudiRR »

This is my record NT
255+
but to the competition is pig 1113+ :D
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Sulfurblade wrote:actually I feel like the change hit with the change of the Season... Not the introduction of the bobcats.
As far as I can recall, the probability of animal scoring does not vary from reserve to reserve. Of course they could have changed that, or maybe they just lowered the maximum possible score for this season. Although that theory doesn't really work if higher scoring whitetail deer are being harvested elsewhere. Maybe it's just the BCKidd effect.
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

Hey BC...
Happy Birthday.

I too was born this day - in 1965.
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Happy birthday to you as well Bear :)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

HBD Brian, Bear and belated to you Serge!!! that's crazy, bunch of Aquarians here! no wonder I like you guys, mine is Monday!

Well I pounded out my first one, nothing to remember except lots of tracking, spotting and garbage animals! I managed to find 2 groups of 5 Bro's` took the only big ones in each 188/187 all the rest looked like handlebars or deformities - I my case at least I got my feeders filled for later this evening for round 2. It was a good spawn for pheasants though, I saw 3 spotting to 30 so it was a definitely a bird spawn.

What I did find annoying was all the balloons, glass jars and teddy bears. I collected 28 but only if they were directly on my path, I passed by 3 or 4 times as many.

I don't think LP is really any different, it was kind of normal I thought. I found things to be where I expected to find them in general. The biggest WT I saw spotted to 155 - so yeah, that kind of sucked. I did a feeder test last week and I had gobs of pigs on all 3 so not concerned about it. I found 1 set of yote tracks that went to 30kg but it turned out to be a dud. Yeah I need to find a different gun for the yotes than the 7mm - 130m=96.5HV so probably need 150m+ for it to make 100. I like using the Bouquetin on BC's comps for good discipline.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”