“A Hog a Dog a WhiteTail and a Mule 2019” by BCKidd.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: “A Hog a Dog a WhiteTail and a Mule 2019” by BCKidd.

Post by BCKidd »

JimboCrow wrote:I had a decent whitetail, an upgrade hog, and a nice coyote when I made a well-placed shot on a bigger coyote at 20m. Of course it took off showing body shot, dropped all the way to 1% health in four quick blood spurts, and then lived. Hey Brian, when hit boxes are clearly problematic and an ever-present danger to submitting a promising score, maybe the possibility of one missed shot per hunt could be revisited? No two shot kills allowed, but maybe one "mulligan" to protect the hunt from becoming an instant write-off? Jim.

I'm just choked because I've lost two hunts now to unavoidable circumstance. I'm running out of attempts. My balloon has suddenly deflated.
Golf ain't huntin'. I joke of course. Yeah, I know Cal has used mulligans in his comps. It is somethin' I'll think about for sure, but it won't be in any of the comps we're testing now. We have up to Hemmeldal in the works- so far. ;) Respect.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

BCKidd wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:I had a decent whitetail, an upgrade hog, and a nice coyote when I made a well-placed shot on a bigger coyote at 20m. Of course it took off showing body shot, dropped all the way to 1% health in four quick blood spurts, and then lived. Hey Brian, when hit boxes are clearly problematic and an ever-present danger to submitting a promising score, maybe the possibility of one missed shot per hunt could be revisited? No two shot kills allowed, but maybe one "mulligan" to protect the hunt from becoming an instant write-off? Jim.

I'm just choked because I've lost two hunts now to unavoidable circumstance. I'm running out of attempts. My balloon has suddenly deflated.
Golf ain't huntin'. I joke of course. Yeah, I know Cal has used mulligans in his comps. It is somethin' I'll think about for sure, but it won't be in any of the comps we're testing now. We have up to Hemmeldal in the works- so far. ;) Respect.

BCKidd.
Thanks for the response. I'm feeling better now. I snuck into my old lady's room last night, and crawled into bed with her. She kicked me the hell out of course, but I was laughing all the way! Even she was in a better mood this morning! ;)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

My fourth attempt last night proved to be fruitless- not much of an improvement at all. But, I did finally harvested a black yote the first one for me ever! So, I was pleased with that even if it were only a measly lil' female. Not all was lost, but nothin' was gained either. With one attempt left, I'm almost tempted to go at it again right now! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Nice melanistic yote, BCKidd! :) Though I gotta say: I hope you're a better writer than a photographer... :lol:
Image Image Image
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Nice melanistic yote, BCKidd! :) Though I gotta say: I hope you're a better writer than a photographer... :lol:
:lol: :lol: I hope so too... 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Nice melanistic yote, BCKidd! :) Though I gotta say: I hope you're a better writer than a photographer... :lol:
OMG, that's a trophy shot? Have you no pride man????? I put that up for a vote as the ugliest, worst composition of theme I've ever puked up a little over.... Why if I had taken a photo like that, my father would've taken the camera and smashed it with a hammer and told me "It's for your own good son" and never again be talked about.

Yea Marc, I'll give you this much, he writes a helluva lot better than he "captures the moment" with a camera. It's especially worse when you can cancel it, take it over, play with all kinds of filters and poses but yet he gets done and says "here's my best one" :o :shock: :?

And Jimbo having a problem with his shooting I see? .... "that's tarrable, jus tarrable"
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BlindTyldak
Outfitter

Post by BlindTyldak »

Just my luck, I just finished a great hunt and as soon as I log off my ISP goes down for maintenance. Midnight on the nose. No way of knowing when it will be back up so I'll likely be out of the window to report your hunt. Really bummed because I spent a good 6 hours on that one. Le sigh.
BlindTyldak
Outfitter

Post by BlindTyldak »

Called my ISP and they said it would be about 6 hours. So how do I log this hunt? Do I log it as normal and have it disqualified because it was logged too late?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

BlindTyldak wrote:So how do I log this hunt? Do I log it as normal and have it disqualified because it was logged too late?
You would have to contact Tod and BCKidd and ask them whether they'd make an exception to the 90 minute rule and enter your hunt manually, given the circumstances you described. But be aware that your big 200+ muley would not count since it had a HV of zero. :(
Image Image Image
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
BlindTyldak wrote:So how do I log this hunt? Do I log it as normal and have it disqualified because it was logged too late?
You would have to contact Tod and BCKidd and ask them whether they'd make an exception to the 90 minute rule and enter your hunt manually, given the circumstances you described. But be aware that your big 200+ muley would not count since it had a HV of zero. :(
Yeah, I would allow the submission- 'xcept as Tann points out the Muley won't add anything to your score, it still counts towards an attempt- whether you submit it or not. Let me know if you want to still submit it. PM me or Tod. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”