"Slug Fest 2019" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: "Slug Fest 2019" by BCKidd

Post by VonStratos »

DeadClopz wrote:
KingKong1 wrote:
DeadClopz wrote:Used up my last attempt, made for a real rough hunt when my sound card died 1/4 of the way into it. LOL
Don't know if my place will last very long, but I did the best I could with what I had.
Of course you will end up in the top three. You have done an excellent job where you have learned to manage your trigger finger. Great respect. :D
Thanks, it was tough not to shoot everything I saw. There is still room for me to get knocked out. The WT were poorly feed on the White Heart Island I teleported to to hunt. :geek:

Congratulations DeadClopz, you got an amazing score, and almost secured that second place, sure there is time for surprises but somebody will have to get an almost max weight animal to move the LB top 5 now, i am already looking forward to Loggers, i don't remember a competition in that reserve, one of my favorites for sentimental reasons. :)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I just used my fifth and final attempt and while my leaderboard position isn't too pretty, I had a lot of fun. Thanks BCKidd, your comps really bring something special to this wonderful aging game.

And as usual - while I wasn't too successful with my position, this comp still got me some nice by-catch. Here's what I found during my five hunts on WHI:

A small NT whitetail, a nice 185 whitetail buck, a 192 trophy blacktail, a melanistic elk cow and my 58 personal best yote! Not too shabby... :)

Good luck to everyone still hunting and kudos for the scores I already see on the leaderboard!
Heck of a comp Tann, not too shabby at all...! ;) Nicely done! :)
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

I've just finished my last attempt, impossible to find a heavy Elk unfortunaly.
Thanks for hosting this nice comp BCKidd, thanks too to UHC for the job done and to the sponsors for their appreciated participation. :)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

FR_Bugs wrote:I've just finished my last attempt, impossible to find a heavy Elk unfortunaly.
Thanks for hosting this nice comp BCKidd, thanks too to UHC for the job done and to the sponsors for their appreciated participation. :)
I know, my problem was finding a decent yote. I hope you had fun. And I look forward to seeing you in the next comp too. Thanks for playin' along FR_Bugs. ;) Respectfully.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks BCKidd, I will participate in your next competition with pleasure :)
Respectfully.
Hunt_Training
Tracker

Post by Hunt_Training »

Tanngnjostr wrote:[...] Thanks BCKidd, your comps really bring something special to this wonderful aging game. [...]
I subscribe this; thank you BCKidd.
BCKidd wrote:So are ya'll preferring "attempts" as opposed to "submissions"? I find that attempts certainly stop the grinding and doesn't leave much room for spawn mashing. It makes for better fair play too I think. ;) Peace.
I wonder if the contraposition should not be between "attempts" and "submissions"...
Couldn't it be maybe more balanced avoiding to join the One Shot-One Kill rule AND a limited number of attempts?
The 1Shot-1Kill rule is great, instead, if coupled with a limited number of submissions.

Keeping together the 1Shot-1Kill and limited attempts, the stress level is noticeable (as already noted by DeadClopz) and, I think, unhealthy; my ulcer is getting bigger. :D
Unfortunately, "Patience and perseverance" gives no warranty of good results with such RoE; even with more than 8.5 consecutive hours of hunt... For me this has taken away something from the fun, also because it seems to me that possible strategy choices are reduced. :|
Of course, it's just my very personal feeling, at my current level of (in)experience.

Along more than 12 Km I walked in my last attempt, I only met 2 (two) elk bulls, both very slim ones: I think it shoud be fair that EW would clearly inform about the status of "almost extinct" for the Roosevelt Elk species in WI... at least when I enter there during a competition. :lol:

Anyway, my congratulations to the winners! I'm sure it has not been easy for anybody.
I'll try to be also in next UHC competitions, hoping to get better results... I was just Training, after all. ;)
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Thank you BC for the competition, thank you "anonymous" and DYEUZ for the bonus prizes and thank you Tod from UHC for setting it all up. As with all of your competitions, this one was also fun and very challenging. I used up my last attempt yesterday. Needed a heavy bull and I did manage to find one on the north island that spotted at 470-500 kg. I thought it was going to be the one I needed, but it turned out only being 482 kg. I wanted to throw my mouse against the wall, LOL! I didn't find a single trace of an Elk on the south island. There were a lot of Whitetails there though. I spotted 32 and found tracks of 47, unfortunately very few of those were bucks. On the north island the Elk were few and far between, only spotted 20 and tracks to 26. Last I looked I was sitting in 5th on the leaderboard, once again just a little short of the prizes.

Congratulations to the winners. I'll bet sitting in those top spots was just as nerve-racking to you as it was for all of us who were trying to catch you! :D Well done!
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Well I'm down to 1 shot left to find a big elk - I had one start the game wouldn't loadup so tried again and got in - Nothing to improve on but had a couple nice surprises.

Picked up a nice 194 BT and a cute little albino BT doe -
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
vortex1957
Tracker

Post by vortex1957 »

Another great competition BCKidd. Wish I would have had more time for longer hunts, but family things had to be done. A little more luck with a heavier Elk and Blacktail would have helped also. Had lots of fun though. Thanks again and also congrat on your first place position on the leader board for Roosevelt elk ;)
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Thanks for the great comp BCK!!! Had an absolute blast! Very well done from top to bottom, with an incredible prize pool. A heartfelt thanks to you and to all of your sponsors. Hats off to y'all!!

Nice BT and albino Radamus!, always welcome additions to wherever we end up on the leaderboard. Look at what Tann managed to scoop!! He built a freaking lodge out of his kills!! :lol:

And finally, congratulations to all of the winners!!! Very well done fellers, very well done indeed!!!

Return to “Competitions”