"Slug Fest 2019" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: "Slug Fest 2019" by BCKidd

Post by VonStratos »

Well, 3 attempts one wasted, i just had a coyote in the sight, and the moment i press the trigger he ran at warp speed, missed shot, bye hunt, but after that i wnt to hunt again and came back with a huge 490 weight Elk, hard to get a better one, and a coyote, so with 2 attempts remaining i have a good chance to the top, and i would say the top ten is very narrow in score, anything can happen.

Back in the Elk, i have got my bulls near the lake, but i haven't see big many bulls, but a plenty of female groups, cant say if is just my luck or the spawn has been altered, oh and i saw a WT in the lake, and a WT doe in the tower at north of the lake, a rare sighting in that place, or so it was some time before.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

anyone know what the heaviest possible elk is?

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DeadClopz wrote:anyone know what the heaviest possible elk is?
Image Image Image
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
DeadClopz wrote:anyone know what the heaviest possible elk is?
Thanks

Hunt_Training
Tracker

Post by Hunt_Training »

Faultier wrote: [...]
It`s a shame to come here and always have something to complain about but it`s so annoying when you try to compete with others, only have 5 attempts
and stuff you got no control of , is ruining the fun.
melanistic deer ,not-too-bad WT and Coyote and ofc 1st attempt down the drain :x
i could overlook all the little bugs , crappy engine and all the other things that don`t work as they should in the past. aswell as the things i can`t say on here , but it`s all adding up to a point where i will think twice if it`s really worth the wasted time and frustration starting another hunt. I can shake my head, take a deep breath and take it in stride as much as i want , it`s not gonna prevent those things from happening over and over again
:arrow: Faultier: I completely and deeply understand (and share) your position: all my solidarity. Maybe I will write something more tomorrow (now I am exhausted).
DYEUZ wrote:WHERE ARE THE ELK BULLS ?? :?
Well, ALL the Elk bulls are constantly near me, since about 3 and half hours (igt) now, on the east coast of northern WI, laughing at me or walking over me (literally... it already occurred 3 times) while I'm waiting prone, staring at a 450-500 that I badly hit and praying it could die so I will not have wasted many hours...
Now it's almost 6.30 pm (igt in my hunt), shadows are longer, darkness is falling over me, it's raining again... and that bull slowly walking with its head down is tightly hooked to its survival, like an animal...
Wait... it IS an animal (even if virtual)!
I think all is now clear to me: it will not die... at least not before me...
I better push that Alt-F4 :cry:
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Hunt_Training wrote:
Well, ALL the Elk bulls are constantly near me, since about 3 and half hours (igt) now, on the east coast of northern WI, laughing at me or walking over me (literally... it already occurred 3 times) while I'm waiting prone, staring at a 450-500 that I badly hit and praying it could die so I will not have wasted many hours...
Now it's almost 6.30 pm (igt in my hunt), shadows are longer, darkness is falling over me, it's raining again... and that bull slowly walking with its head down is tightly hooked to its survival, like an animal...
I better push that Alt-F4 :cry:
I had a very similar situation with my very first hunt. Visually followed one to damn long LOL ended up ending game and wasting a chance.
I feel pretty secure with my current elk wait so I know I don't have to deal with them anymore.

Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

Wow!!! Top scores already!!! :o
I have some "free" time today and going to start using my attempts.
This is going to be soooo hard even to get in top 10!
What a comp BCKidd! ;)
Last edited by Lamphunter on January 13th, 2019, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Who put all the deer on a diet? :o

I've found a bunch of fat yotes, but I don't need another dog, I'm happy with the one on my score sheet. The bucks though, they don't look healthy. :?
Image Image Image
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Who put all the deer on a diet? :o

I've found a bunch of fat yotes, but I don't need another dog, I'm happy with the one on my score sheet. The bucks though, they don't look healthy. :?
Deer are SLIM pickings for sure :(

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

DYEUZ wrote:WHERE ARE THE ELK BULLS ?? :?
I better push that Alt-F4 :cry:[/quote]

Yeah is a pia when that happens, if the animal don't die in the spot or very near then is not worth anyway, the minimal HV will nullify any good weight score it could have, and if ran very far for a long time then is probably that wont die anytime soon, in those cases is worst, because you need to end the hunt letting it alive and invalidating the hunt, or need another shot to kill it, also invalidating the hunt. Along my shotgun i carry a .340, if i must put down an animal with a second shot i will do it from long distance and minimal tracking, no sense in complicate the things, or if the score is not worth the effort, then Doc can spam me. 8-)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Competitions”