"Slug Fest 2019" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: "Slug Fest 2019" by BCKidd

Post by JimboCrow »

Radamus wrote:2 hosers, on the 13th, take 13 animals... :lol: ~ I so got this :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep it coming Rad, it keeps me aware of where you're at on the leaderboard!!! :lol: This is just the way it oughta be, it looks like it will come down to our last hunts! :D

And there are several players who haven't even done their first hunts yet. Plenty of time left!

Tons of fun so far! Good luck y'all!!! 8-)
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
Nockedup wrote:Well, I have 2 attempts left. By the sounds of it there's nothing but skinny Elk and Deer running around so I think I'll save those attempts and go knock out those new Polar Bear missions. :D
Don't forget to find three Golden Chanterelles in the same hunt. :lol: :lol:
Dang it! Now you tell me, thanks a lot Stan! :lol:
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

In my fourth hunt I eventually found a decent elk bull - not huge, but 450-480 kgs at least! I spooked him twice, but in my third attempt I thought I'd finally have him when he stopped 30 meters from my tripod. And then this lady showed up:

Decisions, decisions... He's got another thirty minutes or so, but I'll find him and kill him, I swear! :twisted:
EDIT: ...and of course he was just 455! :roll:
Image Image Image
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

@ Tann I hate when that happens- and it seems to happen a lot more then I would expect. Somethin' is messed up with the tracking and spotting of all animals for me- they read one thing and when you knock 'em down they ain't even close. Too bad that doe wasn't a buck. Still a nice find. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

JimboCrow wrote:
Radamus wrote:2 hosers, on the 13th, take 13 animals... :lol: ~ I so got this :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep it coming Rad, it keeps me aware of where you're at on the leaderboard!!! :lol: This is just the way it oughta be, it looks like it will come down to our last hunts! :D

And there are several players who haven't even done their first hunts yet. Plenty of time left!

Tons of fun so far! Good luck y'all!!! 8-)
Hahaa, I didn't even notice it was on the 13th. But us Canucks ain't superstitious... no, no, not at all. Besides we have a few aces in our pocket. DYEUZ. Leafman, and even Vortex. I think we got this... :P ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I had a great short hunt, just starting from the lodge i heard some BT bucks, i bagged one, not the heaviest but it was decent enough to improve my score a lot, then i went to the tower near the lake and called some coyotes, and good thing, some were roaming around and came, but the heaviest got spooked, so i had to call them again, and this time i got a very nice one, so a good BT and a good Coyote, the 2 i needed and atm i am in 4th, and still have one attempt to improve my score. :D

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

VonStratos wrote:I had a great short hunt, just starting from the lodge i heard some BT bucks, i bagged one, not the heaviest but it was decent enough to improve my score a lot, then i went to the tower near the lake and called some coyotes, and good thing, some were roaming around and came, but the heaviest got spooked, so i had to call them again, and this time i got a very nice one, so a good BT and a good Coyote, the 2 i needed and atm i am in 4th, and still have one attempt to improve my score. :D
Nice! Geez, you're kickin' my butt too by :shock: almost (13) points, it looks like. I really have some work (play) cut out for myself. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

7 more days with only 1 attempt left and hungry competitors..... The stress is real. LOL

Hunt_Training
Tracker

Post by Hunt_Training »

VonStratos wrote:
DYEUZ wrote:WHERE ARE THE ELK BULLS ?? :?
HuntTraining wrote:[...] I think all is now clear to me: it will not die... at least not before me...
I better push that Alt-F4 :cry:
Yeah is a pia when that happens, if the animal don't die in the spot or very near then is not worth anyway, the minimal HV will nullify any good weight score it could have, and if ran very far for a long time then is probably that wont die anytime soon, in those cases is worst, because you need to end the hunt letting it alive and invalidating the hunt, or need another shot to kill it, also invalidating the hunt. Along my shotgun i carry a .340, if i must put down an animal with a second shot i will do it from long distance and minimal tracking, no sense in complicate the things, or if the score is not worth the effort, then Doc can spam me. 8-)
Right observations, Von; thanks. I now understand I was doing a stupid thing... well, I was clouded by exhaustion. :roll: :)

DeadClopz wrote:7 more days with only 1 attempt left and hungry competitors..... The stress is real. LOL
Simulated things can produce real effects, indeed (and usually do). That's one of the fascinating aspects of simulation. :)

Btw: :arrow: BCKidd, it could be useful to officially clarify the end time of the comp., as it is written "11:59 UTC" in the OP whereas it appairs as "23:59 UTC" in the Leaderboard page in UHC... maybe not so relevant, but a fierce fight seems in sight till the end, and 12 hours can be sufficient to see important evolutions in the LB!
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

So are ya'll preferring "attempts" as opposed to "submissions"? I find that attempts certainly stop the grinding and doesn't leave much room for spawn mashing. It makes for better fair play too I think. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”